Options

Cuba?? Why not?

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Agreed! I'll stay fat as hell and not in Cuba. You'd have to beat the piss out of me and tie me up and waterboard me to ever get me to that place. PJ isn't good enough of a reason. I lived in different parts of the Caribbean for almost 10 years and the Dominican Republic scared the shit out of me enough. No thanks!

But the rumba would make me need to take a dump too, OP.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,854
    edited January 2015
    Hey, ldent42 has the rock monster from Neverending Story.

"These are ooooooold hands....."
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Cuba is the safest place I've ever visited, and Havana is the coolest city I've ever been. You need to leave the resort to experience the real Cuba. If you go to New York and never leave the hotel have you really experienced the city? Go to a baseball game, stay in a hostel, just hang out with the locals. I am afraid however that allowing Americans in will flood the island and their culture may not recover
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Cuba is cool and like I said the service at the resorts was excellent. We did go out into the country. But I had a chaperone come with us because well it was compulsory and I felt better for my kids safety. If it were just me and a wing man that would have been a completely different story, no holds barred. I get the feeling that this will be a slow dance between the two nations so our amercican friends may not be joining the party for a while yet. But when the time comes Ill bet PJ is an opening act. Ole.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    who said anything about safety concerns?

i just prefer to not travel to communist dictatorships with a police state that oppresses its people... like i said, i will keep my fat ass and my $ right here in america
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    TalonTedd wrote: »
    holy shit dimitris....you have over 125000 f'n posts. The boys put a restraining order on you yet?

when you reach 100.000 comments you get a Binaural sticker and some of Boom's hair
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,473
    edited January 2015
    The place is a disaster. The squalor is everywhere. we rarely leave the resorts because I am concerned for our safety as well as the government.

Pass.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    my2hands wrote: »
    who said anything about safety concerns?

i just prefer to not travel to communist dictatorships with a police state that oppresses its people... like i said, i will keep my fat ass and my $ right here in america

"The place is a disaster. The squalor is everywhere. we rarely leave the resorts because I am concerned for our safety as well as the government"

" I lived in different parts of the Caribbean for almost 10 years and the Dominican Republic scared the shit out of me enough. No thanks!"

A couple people actually
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Well, I'm not making this up. Thats the term that was used. I liked it. Besides its no hidden secret; americans are fat!

It's all good, you Canadians will catch up...

http://gamapserver.who.int/mapLibrary/Files/Maps/Global_Obesity_BothSexes_2008.png

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    I don't think there's anything stopping people from playing Cuba even with the sanctions. All you have to do is travel to Canada and then fly from Canada to Cuba. Audioslave played their once.

How is the economy over there? I've heard outside of the resorts there isn't a lot of wealth? Maybe its not financially feasible to play there (unless you plan on playing to the tourists?)
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    It will be years, many years, before the travel band will be lifted. Why? Because of all the Americans that will go to Cuba? No. Because Miami wouldn't be able to handle the amount of Cubans that would show up the next day.

Having said that I'm going there in 6 weeks.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    evenflow82 wrote: »
    Hey, ldent42 has the rock monster from Neverending Story.

"These are ooooooold hands....."

Rockbiter! :-)

I'm too old & broken for hostels. I would definitely do a vacation rental apartment in Havana though.
    Zod wrote: »
    I don't think there's anything stopping people from playing Cuba even with the sanctions. All you have to do is travel to Canada and then fly from Canada to Cuba.

I question if average joe tourist can still do this with digitized passports. you used to need two passports for this right? So you don't use the one that gets stamped in Cuba when you return back to the US. But now that they don't always stamp passports anymore cuz they got those rfid scanners wouldn't it show up on their little computer when you get back to US?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435