Options

Cuba?? Why not?

badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
What the fuck, with diplomatic tensions finally softening, why the fuck not have the boys perform in Cuba? Talk about helping out their economy. Audiosalve played there, mite as well have the boys give it a shot. I'd love to go to Cuba.

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I've been wanting to go to Cuba for years, so if this ever happened, I would be there in a heartbeat.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Cuba is awesome. I take my wife and kids there for winter vacation. Ah, the sweet scent of a communist sea breeze during an open air breakfaft is a great way to start an anti-capitalist day. I'm happy to see diplomacy between the US and Cuba, but sad all the same. Cuba was a haven for Canadians. It was all ours in a way, along with the Italians, Germans and Brits. Now, It will soon be crawling with bubble people (thats what Euro's call Americans,hehe). If PJ plays a show in Havanna I'll have to go my, comrades. Honestly, Cubans have the best customer service of all the vacation destinations we've been. Coffee is superb, rum is top notch and the tobacco is the best. Did you actually hear a rumor about PJ in Cuba?

In joyous part
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    No, didn't hear anything about a show in Cuba. Just woke up super early and was thinking as I often do when I'm taking my morning poop. And all of a sudden, bang, Cuba popped into my head. Was weird cuz I wasn't drinking any coffee or smoking any tobacco. Just thought, Cuba, that would be a cool place to visit and see a pj show.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    badbrains wrote: »
    No, didn't hear anything about a show in Cuba. Just woke up super early and was thinking as I often do when I'm taking my morning poop. And all of a sudden, bang, Cuba popped into my head. Was weird cuz I wasn't drinking any coffee or smoking any tobacco. Just thought, Cuba, that would be a cool place to visit and see a pj show.

=)) =)) =))
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    TalonTedd wrote: »
    Cuba is awesome. I take my wife and kids there for winter vacation. Ah, the sweet scent of a communist sea breeze during an open air breakfaft is a great way to start an anti-capitalist day. I'm happy to see diplomacy between the US and Cuba, but sad all the same. Cuba was a haven for Canadians. It was all ours in a way, along with the Italians, Germans and Brits. Now, It will soon be crawling with bubble people (thats what Euro's call Americans,hehe). If PJ plays a show in Havanna I'll have to go my, comrades. Honestly, Cubans have the best customer service of all the vacation destinations we've been. Coffee is superb, rum is top notch and the tobacco is the best. Did you actually hear a rumor about PJ in Cuba?

In joyous part

Bubble people? Interesting term. Is that because most Americans are round and shaped like a bubble? Or is it because most Americans live in their own bubble? Just curious.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    It definetly has to do with the girth of the average Yank. however living in their own bubble does have some merit. I kidd not though. sitting in the lounge with some Italians and Germans, sipping coffee and having smokes; thats exactly the term they used to describe Americans. I honestly found it very snobbish and amusing all at the same time. Euros really do think they are the shit!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Looks like the Euros will have to find another pinko country to vacation in cause I'm coming and I'm bringing my boombox and a case of Natty Light!

post-43211-Kenny-Powers-fireworks-gif-Img-kmMx.gif
  • Options
    that show is disgustingly hilarious
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    Jason P wrote: »
    Looks like the Euros will have to find another pinko country to vacation in cause I'm coming and I'm bringing my boombox and a case of Natty Light!

post-43211-Kenny-Powers-fireworks-gif-Img-kmMx.gif

=))
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    SD48277 wrote: »
    TalonTedd wrote: »

In joyous part

Bubble people? Interesting term. Is that because most Americans are round and shaped like a bubble? Or is it because most Americans live in their own bubble? Just curious.

I don't know whom you have spoken to but, I'm Euro and never heard of this term, but hey, who am I?
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    Well, I'm not making this up. Thats the term that was used. I liked it. Besides its no hidden secret; americans are fat!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I wanted to go to Cuba but the more I thought about it the more I realized that if they do open up to the US we're just gonna destroy the place. It'll end up like disney world or those resorts in the Caribbean. Or Hawaii. Though, really, as far as I know they've already made it like that for the Canadians and Europeans.

I just wanna go try the coffee and tobacco.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    I'll tell you why not. One word. Mosquitos.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Cuba is already destroyed. Average citizen there lives in squalor. You only stay in resorts so don't know but the place is a disaster.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    The place is a disaster. The squalor is everywhere. we rarely leave the resorts because I am concerned for our safety as well as the government. hopefully new relations with the US will help to ease the rampant poverty that persists on that beautiful island. However, that said the beaches are amazing and it is a great place to have a relaxing vacation without the hustle of Disney. Go there for a beach and a book. thats pretty much all i want from a winter vacation anyway. Chasing the 'American dream' takes alot out of a person. Going to a low key place like Cuba is a great way to recharge the soul; you get swallowed whole there...nice and quite!
  • Options
    Mosquitos? Unsafe outside of the resorts? Pussies! You guys do live in bubble hahAhaha
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    oh so it's already like that? Pass. Resorts skeeve me out. I don't doubt that it's beautiful - but that sort of thing isn't for me. I'd rather rent an apartment in the city or a house not far from the beach.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    A couple of points about Cuba for vacationers'
    Don't get behind the wheel. if you are in an accident, you are immediately at fault. If someone were to die, you get charged with murder.
    Bring items to give for gratuities instead of money. they like toiletries, Candy, electronics, fashions and pretty much anything else you can think of.
    Your money is converted into 'tourist dollars' on a one for one basis; try not to think of it as a ripoff, think charity. It is a separate currency from what the Cubans use. this way the gov. can collect all foreign moneys and use it for national reasons. Giving a Cuban Canadian dollars can get them into some trouble.
    Prostitution is very accessible....so don't do it. Those poor girls (and boys) selling their bodies for pennies, is really sad and immoral. Plus STDs are very prevalent. I know to many guys that go there for the sex trade specifically. They should be ashamed of themselves and i hope they get arrested.
    Get ready to dance, they love to get you dancing to the Latin beats.
    Bring your favorite condiments. You get the communist version of ketchup, mayo, cereal and the rest. The whole foods are delicious and fresh; great guava, pineapple etc.
    Party in Veredaro and family in Hoguin.
    Last thing, you pay about thirty bucks cash (per head) when you land and when you takeoff, so keep some cash on hand for departure...ole!
    Post edited by TalonTedd on
  • Options
    After reading tallonteds post, fuck it, let's just have the boys play nyc again. Problem solved.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    ABSOFUCKINLUTELY IM IN FOR THAT
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Mission accomplished! :)>-
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Nobody asked you puta dimi, go fry a fish and make some hummus. B-)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    badbrains wrote: »
    Nobody asked you puta dimi, go fry a fish and make some hummus. B-)
    you will not say this while we will dance rumba
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    You know, you're prob right! Viva Cuba!!! Viva pearl jam!!!!!

Edit-do they have hummus for us in Cuba?
  • Options
    I slather that hummus shit on everything. Next to democracy, has to be Greece's greatest contro to the species
  • Options
    holy shit dimitris....you have over 125000 f'n posts. The boys put a restraining order on you yet?
  • Options
    TalonTed-278

Puta Dimi-125,822

What the fuck =))
  • Options
    yeah....I got post envy. He is hung so much longer than me... :((
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2015
    I have zero interest in traveling to a communist dictatorship

You Canadians and Euros can have that bullshit, my fat ass will stay right here in America
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    bubble people. OMG that's just 2 F'n funny!