2»

Comments

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    lolobugg said:

some people got pissed at me for requesting it in Cinci,
    they said it killed the momentum
    but man, that version is awesome.
    even with Ed reading the lyrics- he absolutely nailed it.

I'm happy for you that you got your request that night but I've been skipping it on the bootleg. I have just never liked this song. It's up there with evacuation.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    chad1218 said:

I love it and was very happy they played it in Cincy. Thanks 4 the request lolo

RhinoJam said:

I love Parachutes, and really the whole Avocado album... I wish more songs from that album were in regular rotation!

october22 said:

RhinoJam said:

I love Parachutes, and really the whole Avocado album... I wish more songs from that album were in regular rotation!

Agreed. In fact, I'd love a show without any songs at all from the first three records. That would really free up some space for songs like this that need to be played more.

The last one is hard to swallow but so very true! But ultimately I will listen to anything they wanna play >:D<
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

I LOVE this song! And LOVE it live (on bootlegs, that is - it's one of the reasons I really love Vault 2 actually. I haven't had the pleasure to see it in person yet, but it is my #1 white whale). But yeah, I've noticed that a lot of people don't just dislike it. They hate it, lol. They hate it on the album, they hate it at shows. "Buzzkill"?? I'd go fucking bananas if this got played at a show I'm at!! When that question "what is your least favorite PJ song?" comes up, Parachutes is one of the top contenders. ~X( I can't help but feeling frustrated by this, against my will, because that is such a stupid and pointless way to feel. I shouldn't care what others think about this song, as long as I love it! But I do anyway. It drives me crazy when people don't like this song! And it drives me crazy that it drives me crazy! :))

^:)^
    I feel the same way.
    someone in some other thread basically blamed me for requesting this song and killing the show.
    I thought it fit perfectly in the first encore!!!
    It did fit perfectly into the first encore. No doubt about that!
    I remember reading Jeff say, before the album was finished, that Stone had written one called Parachutes that was his favorite...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    october22 said:

I'm glad to see the love for the song. It does seem like it is up there with Evacuation and Sirens in the "worst PJ song" lists.

I think it's awesome.

And since you mentioned Evacuation, I have to say that I thought that song sucked until something clicked for me only about two years ago. I don't know what it is. Now I really like it a lot. Weird how that can happen sometimes.
    What clicked on you os that Binaural is a hell of álbum, ask Alli, don't take mu word, though it's my third fav alb...

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    rylan said:

One of my favorites off one of my favorite albums

This, me too, one of my fav songs from my second fav alb...

• Options
    RhinoJam said:

I love Parachutes, and really the whole Avocado album !

The lyrics of this song are great, the way the words/sentences are connected is a great idea, artistically clever... All this Parachutes/Avocado talking makes me wanna listen to it...

When I get home tonight
    I'm gonna play it loud
    I'm gonna spin it till the cows come home...

• Options
    If I were to get married in 2014, instead of 2001, this song would 100 percent factor into the ceremony or reception in some way.

"I would have fallen from the sky til you ... "
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533

october22 said:

I'm glad to see the love for the song. It does seem like it is up there with Evacuation and Sirens in the "worst PJ song" lists.

I think it's awesome.

And since you mentioned Evacuation, I have to say that I thought that song sucked until something clicked for me only about two years ago. I don't know what it is. Now I really like it a lot. Weird how that can happen sometimes.
    What clicked on you os that Binaural is a hell of álbum, ask Alli, don't take mu word, though it's my third fav alb...

Oh, I know. Binaural is my favorite album. And PJ_Soul and I have talked about it plenty ;)
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    I liked this song back when Avocado was released. Its got a quirky uniqueness to it. One of the only songs on Avocado that didn't feel 'forced' sounding.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    I love this song too..while I can't complain whatsoever about how epic Milwaukee was...it was still kind of sad to see it crossed out on the setlist photo when I got back to the hotel!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    So I spun my Avocado last nite, but backwards, started with Inside job, then Gone, wasted, army and come back, marker, chutes, unemployable and big wave, then life, world, coma and severed hand, you should try it sometime...

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,405
    love this song
    I miss igotid88