Options

If I purchase the CD does it come with MP3 download?

I'm wanting to purchase a CD of a show, but does it come with an MP3 download so I don't have to wait for the CD in the mail to listen?

Matt

Comments

• Options
    nope
  • Options
    Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    really? that sucks!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    The CD purchase doesn't include an MP3 version...
    I heard they gave out download codes to those who bought the entire tour boxset last year,
    but not for a single CD!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Did you use your bootleg code? You can purchase the MP3 download with that.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    no, but once you get the cd, you could go ahead and create an mp3 torrent of it. then you (and all of us) could download the mp3's that way.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I don't know why they don't give you an mp3 download with cd purchases. It would be nice if that changed someday.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    you could rip the CD.
    transfer to WAV.
    would sound much better.
    but I agree should offer mp3 instant downloads esp with vinyl purchases.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    I remember during the Riot Act tour you could buy the bootleg hours after the show ended and you'd get the MP3s right away and then they shipped the CD to you.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144

I remember during the Riot Act tour you could buy the bootleg hours after the show ended and you'd get the MP3s right away and then they shipped the CD to you.

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    they should dont no why they dont
    danny d
  • Options
    i don't know why they don't just give you an mp3 download when you buy cd or vinyl. seems like the smart thing to do
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    vaggar99 said:

i don't know why they don't just give you an mp3 download when you buy cd or vinyl. seems like the smart thing to do

It is kind of dumb that they don't give us a download code.
    The reasoning I've heard in the past is they think people will order the CD,
    get the download code for free and then go back and cancel their orders for the CD's!!
    Seems like a bigger hassle to me.
    I REALLY don't think many people that would do this...
    but they seem to think it would happen a lot!!
    Seems to me that most people that are ordering the CD's went to that particular show,
    or are buying a physical copy because they have to have them all for their personal collection.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

vaggar99 said:

get the download code for free and then go back and cancel their orders for the CD's!!
    Seems to me that most people that are ordering the CD's went to that particular show,
    or are buying a physical copy because they have to have them all for their personal collection.
    hmm..i guess there are people who would do that. The same people who buy camping gear from REI to use for a weekend and return it when they are done. hahah.

okay but seriously, there has got to be a workaround. for instance, they could issue unique download codes and if a person download the boot and cancels, will will not get that part of their money back.

Another possibility is to give low res downloads to cd purchasers much like they did in 2003. This was a kick ass system and by far the best bootleg program PJ has ever done. The reason being that the low res downloads were available the next morning after the show. I think it would nice to bring that sort of thing back regardless of whether a person buys the cd or mp3 boot. Anyway, I digress...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    derbydave said:

vaggar99 said:

Say what? They would cancel their orders just because they received the MP3 so there's no need for 10club to ship them the original CD / vinyl? That's messed up!!! I would still charge the sob's! Totally not cancel their orders. Can't believe there are folks who do that. DAMN!!!

I'm still waiting for 10club to put up the 2014 CD Box Set. Hopefully they will take my money on Black Friday when they offer discounts. It was great of 10club & Nugs to offer those of us who bought the 2013 CD Box Set the complete MP3 download for free. Even though it was months later, it was cool. The CD's were silver CD pressed, not CDR's. Hoping the 2014 Box Set is also silver CD pressed.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    demetrios said:

derbydave said:

vaggar99 said:

Say what? They would cancel their orders just because they received the MP3 so there's no need for 10club to ship them the original CD / vinyl? That's messed up!!! I would still charge the sob's! Totally not cancel their orders. Can't believe there are folks who do that. DAMN!!!

I'm still waiting for 10club to put up the 2014 CD Box Set. Hopefully they will take my money on Black Friday when they offer discounts. It was great of 10club & Nugs to offer those of us who bought the 2013 CD Box Set the complete MP3 download for free. Even though it was months later, it was cool. The CD's were silver CD pressed, not CDR's. Hoping the 2014 Box Set is also silver CD pressed.

That totally makes sense. Never thought of that, but it's a very very good reason to not send an instant digital download for CD purchases. If we're running a business in wouldn't do that either. I bet a LOT of people might cancel their order like that. People will do anything for free shit, lol. Of course, the other solution would be to not allow cancellation of orders. But that would perhaps a whole other bunch of problems.

I personally don't understand why people can't just wait for the CD though. Patience is a virtue, and in the meantime there are videos galore on youtube to enjoy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata