Options

Southern Hemisphere fan base

Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,001
edited October 2014 in The Porch
This is NOT a whinge - I want open discussion and your thoughts. I love this band no end, 10C is fantastic (and have always responded to help where possible) and the community I have met on here are great - especially some fantastic mates I have made.

It is getting near impossible for any of us in Australia, NZ or generally the southern hemisphere to get limited stocked items due to the time of day they are released.
Last night our time was no exception with Stone's 7" releases 4am and sold out by 4.45am.
Previous examples the mugs, Sevens etc I could go on.
We missed all these items and have to go and pay over cost to get what we would like.

- some forum member a while back told me to suck it up as PJ are from the USA - my point is they are band that has a global audience and 10C take membership monies from all people, from all locations so somehow there should be equal opportunity

- some people, evident this current tour, are generally buying ANY items they may not want, to do two things:
I) trade up for something they actually want
ii) sell on eBay to make money to buy something they actually want
Both are flippers.

- lastly, I am tired of paying over cost regularly or hoping my mates can look after me. Which again is not possible when limit is 1 per person.

Typically 10C release stuff between 3am and 5am Australian EST (Sydney/Melbourne etc). I check as late as possible but this is just the worst time.

Some recommendations / options worth discussing:
- subset of limited stock can only be purchased by people with address in certain locations
- pre-warning so we can stay up and fight for the stuff like limited poster release - even if only 12 to 24 hr notice
- pre-order (obvious downside on this one is the stuff then becomes less limited etc which is what most are after)

Thanks to my mates on here that keep looking out for me.
Cheers guys.
Post edited by Release EV on

Comments

• Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,001
    Thoughts? Any one think the same or experience this again last night