Options

Immature Rant...

I feel like that unappreciative kid whose parents sacrificed to buy me a used Buick. It was great until my best friends showed up in their brand new Trans Ams.

So what? You guys got No Code and Yield. Big fucking deal. Yes, they’re my two favorite albums, but I’m not complaining. No siree. I hope Ed’s voice was cracking and scratchy in Milwaukee after he got done singing his heart out for us in St. Paul. Wait…no, I’ll try again…while you guys had to hear Yield with a bunch of drunk people waving their arms in front of you…I get to listen to the boot in the comfort of my home. HAHAHAHA.

I don’t want to hear from you Moline folks either. Just shut up. No code? Big fucking deal. I have had the CD for years and didn’t need to go to a concert to hear it.

Oh, and by the way, we got Footsteps. That’s right…fucking FOOTSTEPS! Put on your little boy briefs/little girl panties, grab your binkie/blankie and you just go wallow in your pathetic unappreciative sorrow.

Baba, you say? PJ doesn't even use keyboards! Just some fake guitar noises that Mike spits out on his guitar. I got Rockin’ In The Free World three straight times. That’s right, THREE straight times!!! HAHAHA.

I feel better now.

No, I don’t. I hate you guys. >:P :((

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I'm loving the message pit these days! keep these rib ticklers coming :))
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Good to see you aren't bitter! :))
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I had this nightmare the other night that the band came out and played on Rockband fake instruments and rocked the shit out of Denver!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I'm not bitter. The concert attendees should be upset. They had to pay over 60 bucks to hear No Code/Yield one time. That's right, ONE measly time. I get to play the boots over and over for an unlimited number of times for only ten bucks. They're such suckers. HAHAHA.

:((
  • Options
    Haha. Thanks for cheering me up. =))
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
  • Options

I had this nightmare the other night that the band came out and played on Rockband fake instruments and rocked the shit out of Denver!

Don't worry about that. Denver will probably get something lame like Lost Dogs played in it's entirety.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    NacreRock said:

Don't worry about that. Denver will probably get something lame like Lost Dogs played in it's entirety.
    Or Backspacer in it's entirety.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Fuck em. Just to see the look on their face. Yeah fuck em just to see the look on their face.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

Fuck em. Just to see the look on their face. Yeah fuck em just to see the look on their face.

old school
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    NacreRock said:

I'm not bitter. The concert attendees should be upset. They had to pay over 60 bucks to hear No Code/Yield one time. That's right, ONE measly time. I get to play the boots over and over for an unlimited number of times for only ten bucks. They're such suckers. HAHAHA.

:((

Well-played NacreRock...well-played :-B
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    NacreRock said:

I feel like that unappreciative kid whose parents sacrificed to buy me a used Buick. It was great until my best friends showed up in their brand new Trans Ams.

So what? You guys got No Code and Yield. Big fucking deal. Yes, they’re my two favorite albums, but I’m not complaining. No siree. I hope Ed’s voice was cracking and scratchy in Milwaukee after he got done singing his heart out for us in St. Paul. Wait…no, I’ll try again…while you guys had to hear Yield with a bunch of drunk people waving their arms in front of you…I get to listen to the boot in the comfort of my home. HAHAHAHA.

I don’t want to hear from you Moline folks either. Just shut up. No code? Big fucking deal. I have had the CD for years and didn’t need to go to a concert to hear it.

Oh, and by the way, we got Footsteps. That’s right…fucking FOOTSTEPS! Put on your little boy briefs/little girl panties, grab your binkie/blankie and you just go wallow in your pathetic unappreciative sorrow.

Baba, you say? PJ doesn't even use keyboards! Just some fake guitar noises that Mike spits out on his guitar. I got Rockin’ In The Free World three straight times. That’s right, THREE straight times!!! HAHAHA.

I feel better now.

Wait, they played no code and yield? Where the fuck was I? Oh shit, I must of been to busy making song requests on "my" porch!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Post edited by Caught-A-Bolt-Of-Lightning on
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    Nice rant and thanks for the laugh! If they played Lost Dogs in Denver this Forum would EXPLODE
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Somebody completely missed the point.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

NacreRock said:

I feel better now.

Wait, they played no code and yield? Where the fuck was I? Oh shit, I must of been to busy making song requests on "my" porch!
    Don't give up hope. I requested Even Flow and Betterman and they came through! I was crying like a baby when those songs were played. I'm starting a thread for my next shows. "Please...no mindless epic shows with complete albums...I already own all of them!"
  • Options

Somebody completely missed the point.

;)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    =)) Nice rant.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited October 2014
    Denver.....I hope you guys get every xmas single played back to back to back to back to back to back......

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    Well played NacreRock, well played.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Haha! I was playing Lost Dogs today and thinking how cool it would be if they played Disc 1 and 2 at a couple shows. I unfortunately had to sit this tour out. Very very very jealous of hearing Yield! I'm glad they're doing this though - its cool, and I bet its fun for them too.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    JaneNY said:

Haha! I was playing Lost Dogs today and thinking how cool it would be if they played Disc 1 and 2 at a couple shows. I unfortunately had to sit this tour out. Very very very jealous of hearing Yield! I'm glad they're doing this though - its cool, and I bet its fun for them too.

I'm a fan of Lost Dogs and would love to hear it! :)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    JaneNY said:

Lost Dogs would be awesome..er...I mean, that would be really lame and predictable. #whisper#...unless they did it at a show I attend, then I just might be in heaven. Theoretically, of course, if I was into that sort of thing.
    :( :((
  • Options
    Since this seems to be the place to rant:::::

I hate the "Mark all viewed" tab that's on top of that the page. Can that be moved? My fat fingers always hit it instead of the forums link. If you don't know what that tab does, don't click on it. It's very annoying!
  • Options

I hate the "Mark all viewed" tab that's on top of that the page. Can that be moved? My fat fingers always hit it instead of the forums link. If you don't know what that tab does, don't click on it. It's very annoying!

I'm sure it's already been discussed elsewhere, but what does it do?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It does what it says. It marks ALL threads as viewed. So none of them are highlighted or has the number of new posts next to it. Very annoying. I wish they would move that tab somewhere else. Hidden deep in the bowels of the website.
  • Options
    NacreRock said:

I'm sure it's already been discussed elsewhere, but what does it do?
    It removes all of the "new" notifications on threads. But, as soon as a new post is made, it goes back to showing the number of new posts before marking all viewed.

Grrr.

• Options
    And again! It'd be nice to get a heads-up (as before the forum changes) that other replies have been posted in the time I was writing mine.

Grrr.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    awesome rant
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735

This so hard, I've done a few times myself. Then it gets annoying because all the threads grey and you can't tell which posts you still want to read and even more annoying when all the threads have new posts because there are some posts I never go into. I truly hate that button especially when I'm on my phone, which is most of the time for this forum as I find it easier to read and navigate, because it is way to easy to hit it by mistake. :-q
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    markhammmarkhamm i come from the mountain Posts: 79
    I love airing grievances. When will PJ20 and Wrigley Field bootlegs be available for purchase?

*ducks*
    Never has gravity been so uplifting.