Options

getting a song played for my brother, please help me out

hey all

i know it is late in the game but anyone have any suggestions on getting a song played? my brother passed away in April after a short battle with cancer just before the tickets went on sale. He had been waiting to see pearl jam in Denver since they last played with Tom Petty. he had never been able to travel to see them since then. well actually he went to Wrigley but listened from outside because he could not score a ticket. and he missed some of the songs he always wanted to hear (crown of thorns and hold on). he always wanted to hear them open with go. our whole family and all his friends are going as a memorial to him. it will be my first show without him present or to talk to after a the show. i usually don't reach out for stuff like this but it would mean a lot to my family and his great friends that have been there for me and my family if he could get mentioned. and it is going to be a tough one without him there. i know he will be there with me in some way.i don't know where to start and i know its late in the game. I guess if you guys could keep bumping this thread and get the word out it might get there. or post it to all the fb pages. i know there isn't much time till they play Denver but i figure id give it a shot. i know chances are slim. his name is ryan whitney. he was a lover of animals, a cubs fan, and obviously a pearl jam fan. ive never helped a cause like this but now that i have gone through it i understand why people would do it. hopefully someway somehow things will fall into place and someone will see this or pass it up. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks for all that read this and help out. its a shot in the dark but i figured id try for him. thanks to all the people that help and support this.it means a lot to me and would help a lot of people out.

travis whitney
"let me tell you something, if I had this guy's voice you could all kiss my ass"
5/04/2010 / Scottrade Center
5/03/2010 / Sprint Center
7/03/2006 / Pepsi Center
7/02/2006 / Pepsi Center
9/15/2005 / Bell Center
4/01/2003 / Pepsi Center
6/23/1998 / Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My condolences...I imagine the loss is still raw six months in.

I don't think anyone here hasn't been deeply affected by cancer, whether personally or indirectly.

Said it before because I believe it and in the power of music - even if the song itself isn't played, the fact that those closest to your brother will be together in his spirit and memory?

That kind of recognition trumps all.

• Options
    thanks. I know hell be there.
    "let me tell you something, if I had this guy's voice you could all kiss my ass"
    5/04/2010 / Scottrade Center
    5/03/2010 / Sprint Center
    7/03/2006 / Pepsi Center
    7/02/2006 / Pepsi Center
    9/15/2005 / Bell Center
    4/01/2003 / Pepsi Center
    6/23/1998 / Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre