Options

I Won One Of The 20 Screening Party And The Public Is Invited!!

ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
edited September 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
I still can't believe I won one of the 20 spots...the best part is everyone is invited!! The venue is near Albany,New York (where Pearl Jam opened their 2006 American Tour)!!! Here it is:

Venue: The venue location is a place called Northern Lights. ( http://www.northernlightslive.com%20). This venue is very popular locally and accommodates well over 1,000 people, with previous entertainers ranging from local to national artists.

A minimum donation of $3.00 will be charged at the door, 100% of the proceeds will be donated to The Crohn's Foundation (http://www.ccfa.org).

The fundraising has been fully approved by The CCFA & The Ten Club.

Hope to see all my fellow PJ Fans come out to the show!!!!

OTTONYP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Congrats! Cool! Wish I could be there, have a great time!
  • Options
    Congratulations! sounds like a good night and you're helping a deserved charity, good idea all round :D
    Shame I can't just hop over the pond to be there! I'll be there in spirit! Y'all have fun now!!
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    I hope all of the area PJ fans are able to come out and show their support!! The venue is awesome!! The drinks will flow and the Jam will be jamming!! What more to say, other than it's for a great cause (Crohn's Disease).
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    That's awesome otto! Congrats! Hope you have a fantastic night! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    SPIN.com is giving away a pair of tickets for 13 of the 20 screenings of Immagine in Cornice, including the New York show. Enter as many times as you like. Entries will be taken through 1 P.M. on Monday afternoon, so enter now!

http://www.spin.com/pearljamcontest/
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    ottonyp wrote:
    I hope all of the area PJ fans are able to come out and show their support!! The venue is awesome!! The drinks will flow and the Jam will be jamming!! What more to say, other than it's for a great cause (Crohn's Disease).

SWEET! Congrats and I'm sure it will be an awesome night! Wish I lived near you! Enjoy! :D
  • Options
    http://www.troyrecord.com/site/news...._id=7021&rfi=6

Pearl Jam film screening was a prize, now it's a benefit
    By: Shawn Charniga, Shawn Charniga
    09/23/2007

TROY - A city man who was honored with the opportunity to host one of 32 nationwide screenings - and only one of 20 parties - of a popular band's concert film has decided to use the event as an opportunity to raise money to fight Crohn's disease.
    Anthony Piscatella, 38, responded to a call from the Seattle band Pearl Jam's official fan club for those interested in hosting a screening of the band's newly-released concert film "Immagine in Cornice," which according to the band's Web site chronicles a series of 2006 European tour dates.
    Piscatella says he was one of the lucky few chosen on the basis of planning the best screening party, and says he will charge $3 admission to the event and donate the proceeds to a New York City charity, the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation.
    Piscatella said the disease has not had a direct impact on his life, but he became involved because of his appreciation for the rock band, whose membership has been directly affected by Crohn's.
    "I've been working for the last few weeks on hosting a huge benefit for Cornice's disease because the lead guitar player (Mike McCready) has Crohn's disease," Piscatella said Thursday, a day after he got an e-mail informing him he would be one of the lucky hosts.
    According to the organization's Web site, the disease is a chronic inflammation of the intestinal tract that is caused by a malfunction of the immune system - the body sends white blood cells to the intestines, which are damaged by by-products of the infection-fighting cells, causing ulceration and other injury.
    The intestines narrow, causing malnutrition in some cases. The cause is unclear, and no cure exists.
    In total, he said, 12 theaters across the country and 20 private parties were chosen to screen the film. Piscatella's party will be at Northern Lights in Clifton Park on Tuesday. The doors open at 7 p.m. and the screening will begin an hour later, he said. Inside, retailers who have pledged to donate goods will auction the items off to raise more money for charity.
    A member of the band's fan club "for mega, mega years," Piscatella said the contest was only open to members of the club. First exposed to the band by friends in the early 1990s, near the time they first gained national exposure, he's not sure what about the band does it for him but he's traveled as far as Canada to see them in concert.

©The Record 2007
  • Options
    ottonyp wrote:
    http://www.troyrecord.com/site/news...._id=7021&rfi=6

Pearl Jam film screening was a prize, now it's a benefit
    By: Shawn Charniga, Shawn Charniga
    09/23/2007

TROY - A city man who was honored with the opportunity to host one of 32 nationwide screenings - and only one of 20 parties - of a popular band's concert film has decided to use the event as an opportunity to raise money to fight Crohn's disease.
    Anthony Piscatella, 38, responded to a call from the Seattle band Pearl Jam's official fan club for those interested in hosting a screening of the band's newly-released concert film "Immagine in Cornice," which according to the band's Web site chronicles a series of 2006 European tour dates.
    Piscatella says he was one of the lucky few chosen on the basis of planning the best screening party, and says he will charge $3 admission to the event and donate the proceeds to a New York City charity, the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation.
    Piscatella said the disease has not had a direct impact on his life, but he became involved because of his appreciation for the rock band, whose membership has been directly affected by Crohn's.
    "I've been working for the last few weeks on hosting a huge benefit for Cornice's disease because the lead guitar player (Mike McCready) has Crohn's disease," Piscatella said Thursday, a day after he got an e-mail informing him he would be one of the lucky hosts.
    According to the organization's Web site, the disease is a chronic inflammation of the intestinal tract that is caused by a malfunction of the immune system - the body sends white blood cells to the intestines, which are damaged by by-products of the infection-fighting cells, causing ulceration and other injury.
    The intestines narrow, causing malnutrition in some cases. The cause is unclear, and no cure exists.
    In total, he said, 12 theaters across the country and 20 private parties were chosen to screen the film. Piscatella's party will be at Northern Lights in Clifton Park on Tuesday. The doors open at 7 p.m. and the screening will begin an hour later, he said. Inside, retailers who have pledged to donate goods will auction the items off to raise more money for charity.
    A member of the band's fan club "for mega, mega years," Piscatella said the contest was only open to members of the club. First exposed to the band by friends in the early 1990s, near the time they first gained national exposure, he's not sure what about the band does it for him but he's traveled as far as Canada to see them in concert.

©The Record 2007

pearl jam fans can be amazing people
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    jeddeth wrote:
    SPIN.com is giving away a pair of tickets for 13 of the 20 screenings of Immagine in Cornice, including the New York show. Enter as many times as you like. Entries will be taken through 1 P.M. on Monday afternoon, so enter now!

http://www.spin.com/pearljamcontest/

BUMP THIS- Only 2 hours left! :)