Options

THE PEARL JAM FAIRY JUST PAID ME A VISIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You, to my PJ Fairies.

northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
edited January 2016 in The Porch
So I just got an email from my boss telling me that I'm going on training in Waukesha WI from Oct. 14-17
Not only does this mean that I am in the right place at the right time but now that I don't have to spend all that money flying my ass down from the middle of nowhere northern BC to Denver for just one show I can afford to go to other shows.
Now I can go to the Moline, St. Paul and Milwaukee shows and I'm so excited that I could pee my pants!
I am of course looking for tickets - anywhere in the damn buildings will do and if I don't find them before hand then I will go the dark side and pay stubhub prices cause I'm going!

Anything you lose from being honest
You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
Post edited by northerndragon on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    That show is on the 20th
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402

That show is on the 20th

Oooohhh... :-/
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    stupid fairy :(
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873
    Did you confuse MI and WI? (just like those PJ20 hoodies)
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    There was more to that post when I first wrote it out but some glitch made most of it not appear. I have now fixed that issue and it should make way more sense now.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Congrats northerndragon! I'm flying from southern BC for the Milwaukee show. Good luck getting tickets, and maybe I'll see you there.

How far north are we talking? Terrace, Burns Lake, Vanderhoof, Dawson Creek? I grew up in PG.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Good stuff
    Happy for you!!! :-bd
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Visit the Wishlist pre-parties.
    Check this forum.
    Check the facebook groups for the Wishlist parties at those shows and there's at least two "Ten Club" groups.
    Sometimes, there are last-minute ticket drops at the box office. Say someone has "regular seats" and breaks their leg. Well, all of a sudden, they need accessible seating...the venue won't let those old seats go to waste, so they'll re-sell them. Alternatively, if 10C seats aren't picked up, they may give or sell you those after the show starts. Sometimes,10C likes to go up into the nosebleeds and upgrade people way in the nosebleeds, but they may also hook you up.

You'll get in and you shouldn't have to pay the scalpers.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

Congrats northerndragon! I'm flying from southern BC for the Milwaukee show. Good luck getting tickets, and maybe I'll see you there.

How far north are we talking? Terrace, Burns Lake, Vanderhoof, Dawson Creek? I grew up in PG.

I live in Telkwa just outside Smithers. I lived in PG for 6 yrs but got to come back to my home town about 5 1/2 yrs ago. It would be nice to see someone else from BC down there, I plan on doing all the pre-parties except Moline cause I don't think I'll have time for that one.

• Options

Visit the Wishlist pre-parties.
    Check this forum.
    Check the facebook groups for the Wishlist parties at those shows and there's at least two "Ten Club" groups.
    Sometimes, there are last-minute ticket drops at the box office. Say someone has "regular seats" and breaks their leg. Well, all of a sudden, they need accessible seating...the venue won't let those old seats go to waste, so they'll re-sell them. Alternatively, if 10C seats aren't picked up, they may give or sell you those after the show starts. Sometimes,10C likes to go up into the nosebleeds and upgrade people way in the nosebleeds, but they may also hook you up.

You'll get in and you shouldn't have to pay the scalpers.

I'm planning on doing all of the above, the only one I'm a little worried about is Moline cause demand is so high but I have faith it will all work out.

• Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Keep looking for ticket drops as the dates get closer too.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I live in Telkwa just outside Smithers. I lived in PG for 6 yrs but got to come back to my home town about 5 1/2 yrs ago. It would be nice to see someone else from BC down there, I plan on doing all the pre-parties except Moline cause I don't think I'll have time for that one.
    I am one of the volunteers for the Milwaukee wishlist pre-party so may see you there.
    Post edited by oftenreading on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Holy hell these fairies are working overtime. Fantastic first show of my four show tour last night and met some truly great people. Thanks to everyone who helped me out I will do my best to pay it forward plus some :)
    Post edited by northerndragon on

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Hope to see you at the Milwaukee pre-party and show, northerndragon, so PM if you feel like it. I just looked at this thread again and realized that part of my last post got chopped off! Not sure how or why, so hope it wasn't too confusing.
    Post edited by oftenreading on
  • Options
    I'm still trying to process it all but this was the most amazing experience that I have had in a very long time if not ever. Moline to Denver was such an amazing wild ride, met some amazing folks, saw unforgettable epic shows and just in general had a great time. Thanks to the all of the PJ folks who made every concert stop a meeting of friends I just hadn't met yet. There is such a long list of people to thank and I've forgotten too many names but hopefully we meet again.
    The music was unbelievable and each concert was memorable and special for so many different reasons. No Code, Gone and Fuckin' Up in Moline, I got Released in St Paul along with I Got Shit, Thin Air(mmmmm Binaural) and Indifference, Yield, Rats and I Won't Back Down(my favorite cover they have ever done) in Milwaukee, Leash, Last Exit, Don't Gimme No Lip and Leatherman in Denver while they doled out 39 songs. These are just a few of the highlights, there are more I just don't have a week to write down the recap.
    6 days, 5 states, 4 shows, one blown knee, one destroyed voice and too many bruises to count. I wouldn't trade a second of it! Until next time PJ, stay awesome.

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

I'm still trying to process it all but this was the most amazing experience that I have had in a very long time if not ever. Moline to Denver was such an amazing wild ride, met some amazing folks, saw unforgettable epic shows and just in general had a great time. Thanks to the all of the PJ folks who made every concert stop a meeting of friends I just hadn't met yet. There is such a long list of people to thank and I've forgotten too many names but hopefully we meet again.
    The music was unbelievable and each concert was memorable and special for so many different reasons. No Code, Gone and Fuckin' Up in Moline, I got Released in St Paul along with I Got Shit, Thin Air(mmmmm Binaural) and Indifference, Yield, Rats and I Won't Back Down(my favorite cover they have ever done) in Milwaukee, Leash, Last Exit, Don't Gimme No Lip and Leatherman in Denver while they doled out 39 songs. These are just a few of the highlights, there are more I just don't have a week to write down the recap.
    6 days, 5 states, 4 shows, one blown knee, one destroyed voice and too many bruises to count. I wouldn't trade a second of it! Until next time PJ, stay awesome.

Awesome!!
    ELITIST FUK