Options

*** San Francisco III Fanviews 7/18 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    LifeWasted21LifeWasted21 Posts: 151
    did ed sing all of watchtower or did lee sing some?
  • Options
    jesushjesush Posts: 8
    did ed sing all of watchtower or did lee sing some?

Ed sang it, but Lee shared Ed's mike for "two riders were approaching" refrain. It was badass. Right before they played it, Ed said something along the lines of, we're gonna play this song, and if I'm not mistaken, we're gonna play the shit out of it.

And they did.
    5/12/92, 11/5/93, 11/30/93, 10/1/94, 10/2/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 9/16/96, 10/19/96, 11/18/97, 7/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/22/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/01/05, 5/09/06, 5/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/16/06 and 7/18/06
  • Options
    jeffwalshjeffwalsh Posts: 169
    Someone had the set list after the show waiting for Ed to come out, and Jeremy was on the encore set list, so they must have decided not to play it while onstage.
  • Options
    liesandsaysliesandsays Posts: 132
    Anyone from last night going on Thursday?

I still can not believe they played Red Mosquito...all the shows I have seen and have never seen it live...it was amazing... AND TO SEE PRESENT TENSE TWO TIMES IN THREE NIGHTS... A RUSH
    Up the West Coast in 2006 and Hawaii++Santa Barbara, San Fran x 3, Portland, Gorge x2
    Chicago and Down the Coast in 2003
    Seattle 2005
    SF 2000, 2001, 2003--- oh or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself
  • Options
    endo721endo721 Posts: 2
    People up front, did you see just before PJ's set, security had to carry away a cup of piss? Someone near the front pissed in a cup, I think security gave him a talking to but I don't know if they removed him (assuming it's a him...it'd be pretty difficult otherwise).

Yeah, that happened twice between Sonic Youth and Pearl Jam. The security guards were less than amused. They talked to the section of the crowd where it came from, but everybody said it was passed up from further back. I'm pretty sure no one got kicked out.

That said, what a fantastic show. Great way to close out a weekend of SF shows. And All Along the Watchtower was amazing.

Pearl Jam fans are the greatest fans on the planet, so friendly, so much energy. I had such a great time. To all the people around me who's names I never knew, you were all awesome. To the girl with the scrapbook, hope you made it to the front!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    endo721 wrote:
    To all the people around me who's names I never knew, you were all awesome. To the girl with the scrapbook, hope you made it to the front!

I think I know who you are referencing.

The woman with the scrapbook was responsible for planning the CCFA fundraiser on Sat/Sun/Tue and she did make it to the front. I talked with her after the show as we waited to see if we could see the band come out. (I saw Boom, but missed Eddie who blew everyone a kiss and said thanks because I was helping carry a case of water that Satan's Dice bought for everyone while they waited). She saw Eddie, which was well deserved given the amount of time and energy she put into the fundraisers.

Like they did at other sites, the scrapbook was done by fans at the fundraisers -- they contributed donations to put in pictures, notes, etc.
    Really cool stuff. I did a page in Minneapolis about passing the rock torch to my daughters -- especially my four year old who loves "the marker song" off the new album.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i'm *still* floating. what a GIFT those 3 shows were, and in my own backyard no less!! thank you PJ :)
  • Options
    liesandsaysliesandsays Posts: 132
    Maybe I am spoiled.. but I eagerly waited all night thinking they would play it... it would have made the show one of my all time favorites... I thought on Saturday they would play...then Sunday and I figured it was a gimme last night... glad I saw it in Santa B...
    Up the West Coast in 2006 and Hawaii++Santa Barbara, San Fran x 3, Portland, Gorge x2
    Chicago and Down the Coast in 2003
    Seattle 2005
    SF 2000, 2001, 2003--- oh or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself
  • Options
    This is a great write up -- my regards.

I'd find a place in the top 5 for me for "Why Go"... I missed Saturday's show, and hearing one of the most underrated songs from Ten was a personal highlight.

Not to gloss over Eddie's flawless acoustic pre-set (I still can hear him pound those strings), but the night was special from the moment of "Release". My new friends in the first row in the balcony (Mike's side) called it, and I couldn't have been happier.

Congrats on fatherhood -- it's a blessing and privilege and an opportunity to pass the torch to a new PJ generation...

MY TOP FIVE:

#5 Release
    #4 Red Mosquito
    #3 Watchtower
    #2 Crazy Mary
    #1 Evenflow

Pearl Jam: my amazing friends, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I’d love to follow you on tour, but fatherhood beckons.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I was disappointed that they sold out Sunday and Tuesday before releasing the Saturday night tickets. Messed up. C'mon given your druthers, wouldn't you rather party it up on a Saturday versus a Tuesday. Like I'm here at work Weds morning, no voice, eyes foggy, mouth dry, bleech, I'd rather be in bed!!!!

Maybe you all saw that coming, knew something, but I couldn't get the sunday tix and HAD to see them this year (last show was Sacto in 95 I guess, yeah THAT was a sic jeremy) especially as they've started playing Crazy Mary in the last few years.

So you see where this is going. Little dissappointed, little apprehensive after reading Sat/Sunday reviews ... and they go and drop that most freakin incredible romp of a jam on Crazy Mary! That was phenominal, just freaking phenominal -- Boom looked like a big freakin muppet back there -- he certainly isn't human!

After hearing so many messed up half-hearted attempts of Crazy Mary over the past few years, I really wanted to hear it ... and didn't. I needn't have worried, man they played the piss outta that one. Boom goes deep, Mike fades back, it's in the air! TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Really, all apprehension vanished when Ed walked out.

From the get go, preset I Am Mine was heavy, surprised he didn't snap some strings. Hoping they'd play Jeremy or Black on Tuesday -- but to open it with Release was perfect. Was thinking that might set the stage for a quieter, slower night (esp after Sat/Sun) but they cranked it right up. Everyone has favs and Mosquito, Light Years, Present Tense, State of Love and Trust are all in my list. Thank you!

Recovering from that fun first set, the somber Man of the Hour and I'm thinkin "OK here comes a few more quiet ones." Thought I was right as Crazy Mary started, but as posted, it just kept going and going and going, building and building and building. Oh my! Amazing.

(Noo way, Jeremy on the encore set list?!?! If I had to give that up for the Crazy Mary jam -- ok. Fair deal!)

Kept it rocking through Alive then back with Last Exit, State of Love and Trust, yeah, still kinda hoping for Black. But covers are special, the nod to the pantheon, the history, the legends, whatever. And while it's one of the "standard" covers, its interesting to hear how everyone treats it. I've seen dozens of bands do Watchtower, Dead, Hedges, U2, DMB, blues bands, folk bands, benefit supergroups -- it's a staple. I seem to recall seeing it on a few set lists, but do they really play it much at all?

No unique twist to their version ('cept the repeated two-riders verse), it was just classic, classic rock played forever and ever. Played well, played hard, and there's really nuthin left but to leave a shattered guitar behind and some bruises!

I gotta get the boot though to fully review the show -- I was having WAY too much fun to actually remember much!

Oh say does that star spangled bannner yet wave,
    O'r the land of the free, and the home of the brave!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    cbh1011 wrote:
    This is a great write up -- my regards.

I'd find a place in the top 5 for me for "Why Go"... I missed Saturday's show, and hearing one of the most underrated songs from Ten was a personal highlight.

Not to gloss over Eddie's flawless acoustic pre-set (I still can hear him pound those strings), but the night was special from the moment of "Release". My new friends in the first row in the balcony (Mike's side) called it, and I couldn't have been happier.

Congrats on fatherhood -- it's a blessing and privilege and an opportunity to pass the torch to a new PJ generation...

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you bring up "Why Go" because it highlights something I wanted to say about Jeff Ament. Dude is a total bad ass. Not to sound lame, but I feel a special affinity to him because of basketball. When I played hoops I'd listen to PJ to fire up. He's actually a baller. Someday maybe I'll have a game of horse with him... anyway...

THAT BASS! There's one guitar in particular that hit me like a gail force wind this weekend. The bigger, heavier looking black one with double strings. That thing puts out a hell of a sound and I think they used it on Why Go. Unbelievable. I wanted to shout into the darkness and put in a special request that they record more songs using that bass guitar.

Those of you going to more shows on this tour, brace yourself when you see Jeff pull out that doublestringed black bass: your head is about to get blown off! What a sound!

To the Minn. friend that wrote a piece to the paper about passing the Rock and Roll torch on to your kids... I'd love to read it.

ds
    "What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing?"
  • Options
    Last night was my 42nd PJ show and I've sen some of the best but last nights SF3 show was a top 5. All Along The Watchtower sealed it for me but the Crazy Mary was rockin and Alive was an out of body experience. Seeing Mike smash his guitar and Eddie trying to surf it... OMG.

If you were there, consider yourselves lucky. If you weren't, then buy the boot. This was my 12th show this tour alone and PJ reminded me why they deserve the title of "The World's Most Rockin' Band".

God these guys rock!!!!

Thanks PJ!!!!
  • Options
    I was at all 3 SF shows and the Vegas show, and in my opinion night 3 SF was the best. The setlist was incredible. I have seen the band many times so them not playing jeremy, deep or black in SF did not bother me a bit (i have seen them performed many times). Songs like in hiding, mfc, untitled, red mosquito, present tense, and light years are not played often and the band performed them perfectly. I cannot express to you the energy in the Bill Graham civic center last night. The crowd was on fire, singing along to most all the songs, and band seemed to feed off it (last show in california may have had something to do with it). All along the watchtower was simply amazing, the song was played in full and Eddie didnt fuck up any of the lyrics. To my knowledge it was the first time they ever covered that song in full, so that in itself is worth the price of the bootleg for most die harders

Other hightlights include the drum solos by Matt during evenflow (he also had a similar solo that kicked as on Sunday night in Sf too, in fact evenflow kicked as both nights).

Crazy Mary was simply amazing. I think boom was on some serious drugs or something because his fingers were moving at non human speeds. I have heard many versions of this song but by far this is one of the best ones yet. Boom was so on fire that eddie stood there and watched him for about 5 minutes then mike came over and continued to jam back and forth with boom. WOW

Present Tense: They played this song on Saturday but i liked it better on Tuesday. I think part of this is because eddie's mic wasn't as loud on Sat as it was on tuesday (probably made some adjustments to sound over the 3 nights).

in Hidding: nothing more needs to be said

Light year: see above (in hiding)

Sad: Performed on Saturday night as well, sounded good both nights

Down: they nailed this song too, it also happens to be one of my favorite b-sides

All Along the Watchtower (dylan cover): nothing more needs to be said, flawless cover of a classic song. Mike went nuts afterward and kept throwing his guitar up in the air- funny thing is it wouldnt break. Took him like 5 tosses to break it- then eddie tried to surf the remaining body of the guitar. Ed then said something along the lines of that guitar was well built or it shouldn't be so hard to break. He then asked mike if he was going to break the next guitar and mike said no as he held that one close to his chest. On of the band members from sonic youth came out, lets just say i am glad he let Eddie do most all the singing (i didnt look like ed wanted to share the mic with him anyway as he was holding it tight with 2 hands even when the other guy did add a vocal ad lib at the end). Thanks ed for not letting him ruin what was an awsome version of that song. I was stunned when they started playing this song, did not expect this cover to be played that is for sure.

I still must post my fanviews for both saturday and sunday and will do so when i get up more energy to type some stuff

All in all i love pearl jam and because this is the last show of the tour for me i prolly had a stronger emotional connection to it. Shit it may be another 4 years before they play in cali again. And like Ed said it had been 11 years since they played SF proper. 11 fuckin years... Please PJ you do SF so right do not take such a long break from the city again. Please COME BACK to SF soon and play at the civic center or atleast tour again in the next few years. For the record that venue seems perfect for this band, way better then Shoreline, Sparten arena or Arco
  • Options
    "I was disappointed that they sold out Sunday and Tuesday before releasing the Saturday night tickets. Messed up. C'mon given your druthers, wouldn't you rather party it up on a Saturday versus a Tuesday. Like I'm here at work Weds morning, no voice, eyes foggy, mouth dry, bleech, I'd rather be in bed!!!!"

I know your feeling, but dude, think of the show you just saw!!!!
    Quit your bitchin' and grow a pair! ;-)

"Crazy Mary! That was phenominal, just freaking phenominal -- Boom looked like a big freakin muppet back there -- he certainly isn't human!"

That is PERFECT!!!! LOL LOL !!! PERFECT!

"But covers are special, the nod to the pantheon, the history, the legends, whatever. And while it's one of the "standard" covers, its interesting to hear how everyone treats it. I've seen dozens of bands do Watchtower, Dead, Hedges, U2, DMB, blues bands, folk bands, benefit supergroups -- it's a staple."

It was an EPIC, AWESOME cover! One for the history books if you ask me. I think the crowd was so awe stuck, they didn't really know how to react immediately. Mark my words, if you buy the bootleg, this is going to be one of the ones you listen to over and over.

"I seem to recall seeing it on a few set lists, but do they really play it much at all?"

My question exactly, let me put it out there, was Tuesday night the first night the band played "All Along th Watchtower" by Bob Dylan?

Hey, I've got to say this again... folks WHAT ABOUT EVENFLOW LAST NIGHT???? COME ON!!!!!! I'm just as tired as this guy is, but thinking about that song is how I'm makin' it through this day!

holla back!
    ds

ps Can't believe Presentense didn't make my top five, but c'mon where would it fit??? Admit it, when McCready came out with that 80s style battle axe didn't just a little voice in your head think we going to hear a rendition of "Unskanny Bop" by Poison??? OK maybe it was just me....
  • Options
    gmcabralgmcabral Posts: 50
    i went 4 shows without Daughter. i was kinda bummed about that. would have like to have heard that with a nice tag. but oh well. awesome 4 show tour for me just came to an end. thanks guys.
  • Options
    JorBullJorBull Posts: 5
    I would have liked to have heard "Marker In The Sand" and, as always, "Crown Of Thorns", but......alright, I'm nitpicking....the show was awesome.....can't wait to download the boot!!
  • Options
    Totally agree. Jeff has been en fuego. I got a great pix of him in St. Paul night II (check out the thread with my link attached). He's truly been the boss of bass. And how about him taking the mike on Sunday and introducing the Avengers? Never heard him solo on the mike before.

About the piece in the scrapbook, it hopefully is in Mike's hands as it was given after the CCFA St. Paul fundraiser. I'll paraphrase my comments here:

To the greatest band in the world -- my heartfelt thanks for your music, your passion, and your dedication to your fan base. You've moved us all in many countless ways, reaching each of us on personal levels that I imagine wasn't predicted 15 years ago. On a personal note, I want to share that my passion is now being passed to my two daughters, who despite their youth, are learning to love rock~n~roll at an early age. They take turns playing drums or guitar in the back seat on the way to school. My youngest, four, is currently the bigger fan... and loves to ask for "prahl jam daddy! (she still is working on her enunciation). Her favorite request is "the marker song" and can sing along with Eddie for most of it. So dear band, know that in Minnesota, the torch will be dutifully passed, but I plan to keep a handle on it as well for many years to come.

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you bring up "Why Go" because it highlights something I wanted to say about Jeff Ament. Dude is a total bad ass... Those of you going to more shows on this tour, brace yourself when you see Jeff pull out that base: your head is about to get blown off! What a sound!

To the Minn. friend that wrote a piece to the paper about passing the Rock and Roll torch on to your kids... I'd love to read it.

ds
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    I went to all three san fran shows. I feel blessed!!!
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    kalikatkalikat Posts: 68
    lastexit78 wrote:
    Don't get me wrong I loved the show last night. I was just a little puzzled by the setlist. Mostly the songs that they chose to repeat when so many others were left out.

PJ is always amazing, especially GA, hardly any shows at all are GA anymore. It was such a total treat to see the band up close and personal, haven't seen them this close since the Warfield show!!!!
    It did seem that they did an awful lot of repeats to Saturday's show. Was waiting for Masters of War too, but I can't say I was disappointed with Watchtower, they totally rocked that!! I wanted Marker in the Sand - I figured since they did all the new songs Sat and Sun, there was a 50/50 chance they'de play it again - man I love that song!
    I got the feeling Eddie was a bit subdued with the gf watching from the sidelines, or maybe it was the booze (he seemd kinda sauced). Was it me or did he totally slur those last lines after he walked off stage and then came back on when nobody else had left -he said he thought the show was over once someone breaks their guitar?? That was so hilarious.
    Crazy Mary was awesome, Leash was awesome . I guess I am in the minority too, I love those first few CD's that they put out, although this new one ranks right up there.

PJ THANK YOU FOR PLAYING THE CIVIC CENTER - DON'T GO BACK TO SHORELINE. THAT PLACE SUCKS!!!

Eddie you are the cat's meow - Mike you are one sick *m*f* - Boom you rock

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    **There is a sickness, a sickness coming over me - like watching freedom, being sucked straight out to sea**
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    oh man AATW damn I missed by a couple shows each side!!! Hope they bring it out at the gorge!!! The SF sets were insanely awesome.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    What an incredible night it was for the finale in SF!! I know there will bound to be some folks bashing this show because of it's large number of repeated songs from nights 1 & 2…and maybe they would be right in saying/feeling that the band mailed it in for the final performance, but imo what made this night so special were the nuggets that were thrown in between all those repeated songs. By the end of this evening I was left speechless because this show just so perfectly defines why I love this band so much. Songs like "RM", "Untitled/MFC", "MOTH", "In Hiding", "Life Wasted" etc…are all songs with important personal messages for me and to have them all played in the same evening while having the one person who is most important in my life there with me to experience those songs with was just magical. I won't bore you all with a song by song review..but I will provide the highlights of the evening for me.

"Red Mosquito" - Fuck…what can I say other than I cannot believe Ed played the song I requested him to play!! When he went into his rant about the origin of the song, I just looked at my girlfriend as well as Krzzzymary & her husband in amazement with my hands raised up in the air like a champion fighter who just won the fight of his life!! The boys could have left the stage right after playing that song and I would have been completely satisfied…and did Mikey go off on that solo at the end or what?!

"Untitled/MFC" - The "Untitled" portion of this song is the part that is most important to me and hits home the most as it was a song that I played for my girlfriend back in 2000 when we were going thru some trying times in the infancy stages of our relationship. This was the only show that my girlfriend attended with me because of her being 6 months pregnant with our little princess, so to hear this song was special indeed. Shit, when my girlfriend heard it she almost instantly started crying which got me teary eyed and when Ed sang the part "I hope you get this message…" I looked to her and said…because this is the reason you’re here tonight (to get the message). And adding the "..lets get the kid and get out of here fast" made it so more significant for obvious reasons.

"In Hiding" - Another song that seemed to get me through a very challenging period in my life and the boys nailed it this night. It had been sometime since I saw this one live and was extremely grateful to get to hear it this night.

"Life Wasted" - I've tasted life wasted, and I'm never going back again…a song that reminds me of where I've been and how it all just wasted away right before and what I've accomplished since then. I know what it's like to go from rags to riches to rags again and it's nice to have recovered from that all and have another opportunity in life again. This song just allows me to rejoice!

"Crazy Mary aka Krzzzymary" - Jesus did this song kick major ass tonight..one word…BOOM!!! And when Boom pointed to Mickey to solo after his own blazing solo on the keys I thought Mikey was gonna be in trouble trying to top that one…but the man held is own!

"All Along The Watchtower" - Ed's premonition that they were going to kick major ass with this song was dead on!!! With the Sonic Youth guitarist joining in…the guys made this song their own, imo. Just incredible!

Overall it was a very powerful night of music shared with other PJ friends!!! It was a pleasure meeting everyone who attended the CCFA fundraisers and making new PJ friends…just wish the ride could of lasted longer. At least I've got the Bridge Benefit to look forward to in October!

Peace everyone!

RM
  • Options
    kalikat wrote:
    PJ is always amazing, especially GA, hardly any shows at all are GA anymore. PJ THANK YOU FOR PLAYING THE CIVIC CENTER - DON'T GO BACK TO SHORELINE. THAT PLACE SUCKS!!!

YES!
    YES! General Admission!
    YES! Shoreline is POOPY!
    YES! BILL GRAHAM CIVIC CENTER!
    It's a palace practically built for Pearl Jam!

I'll take the Greek in Berkeley, too.

But PLEEEEESE no more Shoreline. It was fun for Dead shows and Lollapolloza when I was 16. Fun for acoustic fund-raisers. Not good for this band. It's hard to feel the electric intensity shooting off the stage when you're sitting on a blanket in the grass.

Can I get an amen?

ds
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    YES!
    YES! General Admission!
    YES! Shoreline is POOPY!

But PLEEEEESE no more Shoreline. It was fun for Dead shows and Lollapolloza when I was 16. Fun for acoustic fund-raisers. Not good for this band. It's hard to feel the electric intensity shooting off the stage when you're sitting on a blanket in the grass.

Can I get an amen?

ds

AMEN to that one my brutha!!
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    YES!
    YES! General Admission!
    YES! Shoreline is POOPY!

Can I get an amen?

ds

I agree with no more Shoreline. But I don't think the Bill Graham Civic is the answer either. The Greek Theater in Berkeley is where they need to start playing. It's outdoors and it holds pretty close to what the Civic does. Also the sound quality is better because it's outdoors. The place is historic and it's not in the ghetto like the Civic is. Hopefully when they tour again in 08 or whenever it is they choose Berkeley.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Best set in their entire live histoy.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    " let me put it out there, was Tuesday night the first night the band played "All Along th Watchtower" by Bob Dylan?

OK, I answered my own question. The Pearl Jam web page is definately as thorough as it is awesome: Last night was only the thrid time they ever played "All Along The Watchtower" . The first time was in 2004 in Ohio on the Vote For Change tour October 2... Too bad they didn't play "Master's of War" or dedicate "Fuckin' up" to Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield on THAT NIGHT... ouch... sorry had to go there.... *sigh*...

Elated to hear Watchtower lastnight.
    Elated to hear Fuckin' Up on sunday.

KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT GUYS!
    peace
    ds
  • Options
    kalikatkalikat Posts: 68
    One more thing - those security guards were the best. They were on the lookout for the moshing animals (and/or drunk assholes) and did a serious job getting in their faces and pulling people out, and feeding all of us pit people water during the breaks. Props to the guy who have me earplugs during the SY set - the feedback was out of control.
    **There is a sickness, a sickness coming over me - like watching freedom, being sucked straight out to sea**
  • Options
    kalikat wrote:
    One more thing - those security guards were the best. They were on the lookout for the moshing animals (and/or drunk assholes) and did a serious job getting in their faces and pulling people out, and feeding all of us pit people water during the breaks. Props to the guy who have me earplugs during the SY set - the feedback was out of control.

Soo often these guys are crucified and given the hate speech.
    These were far and away the coolest, most professional security guys I've ever seen.
  • Options
    to show up at 7:00 to a sold out show, buy a ticket for $52 at the box office (I know there were cheaper tickets with scalpers but didn't want to wait on the marktet) and see the show of my life. Got one of mike's picks and was about 3-4 people back from the fence.

It's amazing how much of a different show it was from Sunday. Almost like seeing two different bands but they were both Pearl Jam.

For a few moments during the first four songs, there was some moshing going on. You'll hear it on the boot, eddie and stone had to keep getting people to calm down. Eddie even threatened us with playing a bunch of slow songs if we didn't behave well so after that the crowd was great.
  • Options
    to show up at 7:00 to a sold out show, buy a ticket for $52 at the box office (I know there were cheaper tickets with scalpers but didn't want to wait on the marktet) and see the show of my life. Got one of mike's picks and was about 3-4 people back from the fence.

can't wait for people to start bashing you for showing up at 7, getting non-10c tix, and then getting up front.

my opinion? i wish i had your balls.