Options

Pro Guitar Shop Demo Dissident

I love these gear demos from Andy - the first part of this one he is playing Dissident - just awesome..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn89e_INbeY&list=UUXT6G8O3its4RLZ4kzjMr_w

Comments

• Options
    Cool to hear a PJ tune in a demo. Still my LEAST favorite PJ song (excluding the Backspacer and Lightning Bolt albums...not a fan of either of those).
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    He does Animal on another one. That guys known song library has to be immense. Seems like a great player and im a little jealous of his playing and all the sweet gear he gets to fiddle with.
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    I like that tone on the Corduroy demo. Sounds sweet.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Nice! Uni-vibe would be a great effect for Mike's lead on Nothing As It Seems.
  • Options
    BHealy said:

Nice! Uni-vibe would be a great effect for Mike's lead on Nothing As It Seems.

Mike loves the univibe/rotary effect for live versions of NAIS. My favorite version is from London Ontario. The 2000 and 2003 versions have a GREAT dirty sound. Also love Stone's flange effect on that version.
  • Options
    Which London Show? Do you mean from 2013? I'd like to check it out. Thanks!
  • Options
    BHealy wrote: »
    Which London Show? Do you mean from 2013? I'd like to check it out. Thanks!

9/12/2005.
    Heard it (for the first time) on my way home from a wrestling event in Detroit. It was late and my buddy put it on. (Trivia: One week later, I was in a near fatal car accident). Anyway, This was the first time I'd ever heard ANY version of NAIS. I LOVE Stone's acoustic tone with Jeff's bass, during the verses. Mike's use of OD, Rotary, and Delay are amazing. What topped it, for me, was Stone's flange effect at the end of the breakdown into the quiet part and also at the very end. I fell in love with the rotary and flange effects almost 100% because of this version.
    I am crazy for the the single note Mike plays, in the studio version, right after the first chorus and into the solo.
    The 2000 and 2003 versions are just so dirty (Mike's tone) and raw. Those are what stand out to me.
  • Options
    Awesome Thanks!. I think Mike's lead guitar on NAIS is some of his best - here's a great video from 2000.
    http://youtu.be/30BlueyXoyg
  • Options
    Agreed! I love how wild Mike gets...especially at the end. There are some versions that give a harsh crashing noise with Mike's delay. I've yet to replicate it but I LOVE that sound.
  • Options
    Okay, I found that 2005 boot! Thank for the tip! I'll listen to it at work tomorrow! I want to buy that Univibe, just for this! LOL! Someone suggested some other pedals, on another forum...
  • Options
    BBE Soulvibe is what I use. Hella cheaper and still amazing sound quality.
  • Options
    Actually, I think the Soulvibe is the same price as MXR's univibe. $129 at Musicians Friend.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/bbe-soul-vibe-pedal
  • Options
    Hmmm...I got mine for about $80
  • Options
    That's a great deal! Where did you get it? Maybe there's a used one floating around out there.
  • Options
    xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    edited December 2014
    BHealy wrote: »
    That's a great deal! Where did you get it? Maybe there's a used one floating around out there.

I found mine on ebay but musicians friend had them cheaper than the Microvibe and the univibe pedal (the model you posted) wasn't out, yet. I especially love the mod you can do (they tell you how to do it in the instruction manual). Basically loosening or tightening a screw to get a better speed/depth
    Post edited by xtremehardy388 on