Great way to begin the next 20!
I can't believe how great this song is.
I found my place......and it's alright

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Now the truth is coming out
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    I really love MYM. It's probably my favorite LB song.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    It's a great song, even better live.

It will be a live set staple for many years (providing Eddies voice holds up)!
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    It's dangerous to listen to in the car, makes me drive too fast, LOL!
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 753
    Fifty years from now people will be buying Lightning Bolt for this song. The entire concept of this album is reflected by Mind Your Manners. pendulum and get away are two perfect fits. Then they add swallowed whole and infallible. They put two songs that represent Ed as much as any; Sleeping By Myself and Yellow Moon. Yellow Moon is crazy vocals.

IMO BTW
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    PJ_Soul said:

Really? Wow, I'm surprised! I like it but I like Yellow Moon and Pendulum better. I also disagree with people saying it's better live. Ed sounds like he's struggling hard, they play it too fast and that strange screech he does at the end kills me. I like the song, I just don't like it live so much. Lightening Bolt, however, is MUCH better live and now one of my favorites at the shows!
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Really? Wow, I'm surprised! I like it but I like Yellow Moon and Pendulum better. I also disagree with people saying it's better live. Ed sounds like he's struggling hard, they play it too fast and that strange screech he does at the end kills me. I like the song, I just don't like it live so much. Lightening Bolt, however, is MUCH better live and now one of my favorites at the shows!
    I agree with PJ Soul and Apone...People are so different here and it's a good thing !
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited August 2014
    october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Just something about it! Not even very hard for me to choose my fave. Pendulum and Yellow Moon are great, but MYM and Infallible rank above them (and LB if live). But I have heard that it didn't sound great live for everyone, and I noticed it wasn't the best on a couple bootlegs. But fortunately for me they killed it in Vancouver. It was one of the show's highlights!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Just something about it! Not even very hard for me to choose my fave. Pendulum and Yellow Moon are great, but MYM and Infallible rank above them (and LB if live). But I have heard that it didn't sound great live for everyone, and I noticed it wasn't the best on a couple bootlegs. But fortunately for me they killed it in Vancouver. It was one of the show's highlights!
    Cool! I have to check out that setlist!
  • Options
    Mind Your Manners is the greatest rock n punk song ever.

Pearl Jam managed to create a song that transcends current music. Again!

Media today is puke. Media today is irrelevant. Media today, as was media since Vitalogy is stupid.

So Pearl Jam does wat they do and they say "FUCK MEDIA"

Thank you Pearl Jam
  • Options
    otter said:

Media today is puke. Media today is irrelevant. Media today, as was media since Vitalogy is stupid.

Thank you Pearl Jam

Is that really what you get from MYM? "Fuck media"? How so?
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    october22 said:

otter said:

Thank you Pearl Jam

Is that really what you get from MYM? "Fuck media"? How so?
    Yea I didn't get that from it at all, more religious overtones. That being said, my fav track on LB, by far, is Getaway. I think it's their best song since Yield.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    i fucking love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    edited August 2014
    I dont believe that he means the content of the song is anti-media. I believe what is being stated is that the song itself is something that media would never play because it's not a cookie cutter representation of what the mainstream considers good music. I also believe that Otter feels that MYM is the greatest song of it's style ever, so for media not to be playing it in constant rotation is proof that it is no longer the greatness of the song that gets the song played, it is the simplicity and selling ability of the music that appeals to the casual, more shallow thinking listener.

I do not necessarily feel that the "shallow thinking listener" is a bad thing really. It is all about how much value that you put on music. People who "feel" music, like all of us here, place a lot of value on music. Music is a driving force that gets us out of shitty ruts, gets us pumped up, gets us motivated and assists us in all phases of life. People who "listen" to music generally are just as good of people as everyone else, they just place more value elsewhere. Often, music does not affect their moods and decision. Music is just in the background.
    Post edited by The Akkus on
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    The Akkus said:

I dont believe that he means the content of the song is anti-media. I believe what is being stated is that the song itself is something that media would never play because it's not a cookie cutter representation of what the mainstream considers good music. I also believe that Otter feels that MYM is the greatest song of it's style ever, so for media not to be playing it in constant rotation is proof that it is no longer the greatness of the song that gets the song played, it is the simplicity and selling ability of the music that appeals to the casual, more shallow thinking listener.

I do not necessarily feel that the "shallow thinking listener" is a bad thing really. It is all about how much value that you put on music. People who "feel" music, like all of us here, place a lot of value on music. Music is a driving force that gets us out of shitty ruts, gets us pumped up, gets us motivated and assists us in all phases of life. People who "listen" to music generally are just as good of people as everyone else, they just place more value elsewhere. Often, music does not affect their moods and decision. Music is just in the background.

Thank you. You articulated my thought better than I did.

• Options
    Sorry PEEPS

the 1.....2......punch of Lighting Bolt is new.

Ya know this is the 21st century. Shit is different now right? Pearl Jam pile drived the 20th century with Save You, Got Some, and Seaverd Hand.

Mind Your Manners is the greatest song ..... And that's it. Mind Your Manners makes Davies G wet brown paper towels on his way to the wimp stall
  • Options
    Fooooooooooooooooooooos

Cool!

Those dudes are plotting ways to make a song like Mind Your Manners

They get the radio.........but Pearl Jam get IT
  • Options
    "Go to Heaven? That's swell. How'd you like your living hell?"

Can u believe how awesome this is?

Pearl Jam is perfectly cool.

We should all take a moment and thank god we got Mike, Stone, Ed, Matt, and xtra thank god for Jeff.

• Options
    Irons made Pearl Jam with Who U Are andIn My Tree.

Cameron did it with Mind Your Manners