Options

Harvest the Hope - Anyone else going?

A buddy and I decided, quite on a whim, that seeing Uncle Neil and Wilie Nelson play a protest show in the middle of Nebraska seemed like a good idea! The concert, which takes place on September 27, is now sold out. Is anyone else going? After seeing that Ed joined Jack Johnson at the Gorge recently, I started thinking...perhaps he might drop by this event as well, perhaps as a warm up for the tour! That would make this show even more excellent than it already promises to be...

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

A buddy and I decided, quite on a whim, that seeing Uncle Neil and Wilie Nelson play a protest show in the middle of Nebraska seemed like a good idea! The concert, which takes place on September 27, is now sold out. Is anyone else going? After seeing that Ed joined Jack Johnson at the Gorge recently, I started thinking...perhaps he might drop by this event as well, perhaps as a warm up for the tour! That would make this show even more excellent than it already promises to be...

Sorry buddy, but It's in Nebraska, eds never been to Nebraska. B-)
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    I am not going to be able to make this show, but I am attending Farm Aid in a couple of weeks.
    About 0% chance Ed will show up in NC. :D

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    DougbutDougbut Posts: 48
    I am pretty excited to be heading there. What are the odds of Neil Young and Pearl Jam coming to my home state of Nebraska in the same year?

I hadn't thought about Ed Ved making an appearance, but I certainly would not be upset if he did.
  • Options
    Dougbut said:

I am pretty excited to be heading there. What are the odds of Neil Young and Pearl Jam coming to my home state of Nebraska in the same year?

I hadn't thought about Ed Ved making an appearance, but I certainly would not be upset if he did.

This is exactly the positive mental attitude we need to have here - Ed will come to Nebraska! ;)
  • Options
    Well, Ed did NOT come to Nebraska, but Uncle Neil and Willie Nelson put on a show for the ages! It was well worth the drive, the terrible hotel and sitting in a cornfield under the warm Nebraska sun to see Neil (who appeared to actually be having fun!) trading riffs with Wille's son Lukas and the rest of Lukas' band, The Promise of the Real. Good times! If this is any indication of how Neil will be at the Bridge School shows, you are all in for a real treat!