Options

Design Pearl Jam's Next Tour

JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
So, imagine you are given the opportunity to design the structure of Pearl Jam's next tour. Think acoustic presets, co-headliners with the band of your choice, opening act of your choice, "Evening With", etc. Anything and everything is on the table. If you could put your fingerprints on the show what would it look like? I was going to do a poll but maybe free form response is better for this question.

For me it would be a tour similar to what DMB (I know, I know) is doing now. Acoustic preset, short break, full electric set. No opening act. Think Mansfield 2003 without Sleater Kinney and with the focus on quality rather than quantity. That would be awesome and I would buy every single bootleg. :-)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

Comments

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    As long as there's a 2 or 3 night run at The Gorge...I'll be happy!!
    :)>-
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    NYC residency
    Three weeks of shows at a smaller venue like the beacon or even a Broadway theater.
    No acoustic stuff-just straight up pearl jam with no openers and no special guests.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    I really like the idea of an opening acoustic preset followed by a full electric set, and quite honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see them start doing more of that soon - quite possibly even some shows on the upcoming fall tour to continue their pattern of changing things up.

I wouldn't want them to do this every show, but it would be cool to see them do it every once in a while.

Also, I definitely want to keep the "An Evening With Pearl Jam" theme with no openers - it leaves the band the ability to play longer sets. Make it all about PJ. It's inevitable, and will more than likely happen soon, but I would like to see the band hit that magic 40-song show.

Lastly, it would be cool to see a few random shows at smaller theaters/clubs. A random fan club only show here or there would be cool as well, and maybe they could make those shows at smaller venues fan club only? I also really like the idea of a "destination weekend" type show at a larger and sought after venue. A dream would be to have a two-night show at the Gorge with My Morning Jacket also playing a full set before PJ.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Tickets would be impossible but a small club tour would be something special. I liked what they did in 1994 with two nights at the Boston Garden and a third at the Orpheum.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    August 29th-my birthday

Red Rocks

Doors-6:00pm sharp

7:00-8:00 sharp Opening act- Yusuf Islam acoustic set (joined on stage by vedder)

8:30-11:30 sharp Pearl jam

11:30-12:00am pearl jam do extra happy bday encore for me (songs chosen by me)

And you're all invited!