Options

AFI

unknownunknown Posts: 531
Just recently getting into this band, and didn't realize just how good they are. Ignore their looks and just listen
to their music. I have bought their last 4 albums and can't get enough. Their new album is considered one of the
best albums of the year. They are also huge pearl jam fans. What does everyone else think? Check out this
performance of their new single.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEsI2cYrUt8

Comments

• Options
    i'm a longtime a fire inside fan. both davey's and jade's stage presence is top-notch especially davey's stand in/on the crowd during "god called in sick today". check out their dvd from the decemberunderground tour back in 2006. they're really grown since the days of "answer that...", "shut your mouth..." and "very proud". enjoy!
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    I liked some songs back in the day but really didn't pay any attention. Saw their coachella 2014 performance on live stream and liked it so much. Their new song I Hope You Suffer got me. Listened to their new album BURIALS and loved it and bought it. Started to listen to their previous albums and fell in love with band. I'm obsessed with this band now. Decided to see them on the carnivores tour (they opened up for 30STM & LP) and they blew me away. When they decide to tour and come to NYC I'll be their for sure! :)
  • Options
    Glad some people are looking them up. They killed on the carnivores tour and I am
    seeing them next week at a headlining show. This band has evolved with the times and
    their new album burials is one of the best of the year.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Just happened to come across this - I love AFI too! Haven't been to a show in several years but they put on a great high energy show and the singing is great. All 4 guys can sing so their group singing always sounds really good IMO.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    saw them last night. they killed it. one of the best bands out there
  • Options
    Saw them at ACL. They can still play. I didn't even know that they were still around?!?
  • Options
    still play ? i heard they destroyed it at acl too. Most energetic band I've seen in a while.
    Have you heard their new song : I hope you suffer ?

Davey got stood on top of the crowd at tulsa and then stage dived after that. It was unreal.
  • Options
    unknown said:

still play ? i heard they destroyed it at acl too. Most energetic band I've seen in a while.
    Have you heard their new song : I hope you suffer ?

Davey got stood on top of the crowd at tulsa and then stage dived after that. It was unreal.

I lost touch with them in 04. I went a different way musically.
  • Options
    you should really check some of their new stuff out .. do me a favor and listen to these
    2 songs and let me know what you think:

I hope you suffer
    heart stops
  • Options
    unknown said:

you should really check some of their new stuff out .. do me a favor and listen to these
    2 songs and let me know what you think:

I hope you suffer
    heart stops

I will, thanks!

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I EFFING LOVE AFI!!!! Been a fan since my college days, they got me through some rough times...I adore Davey!!!! And Hunter follows me on Twitter....they're amazing! My all time fave song is "This Time Imperfect"...but I love so many it's hard to pick faves!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    god called in sick today ?
  • Options
    Thought I would revive this thread....because AFI is still my second fave band behind PJ and I'm hitting up their summer tour...

anyone else???
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,400
    I like Miss Murder... I didn't even realize it was them until recently. And I am sure its an old song? Maybe I will check out more of their stuff soon. If I like one song, I hope that means I am bound to like more. 

As for the song posted by op, im not so hyped on that one. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Such a great band, and afi new album is great!  If you haven't heard of or seen circa survive in concert you are in for a treat!  Gonna be 1 hell of a tour
  • Options
    unknown said:
    Such a great band, and afi new album is great!  If you haven't heard of or seen circa survive in concert you are in for a treat!  Gonna be 1 hell of a tour
    I haven't...I've excited to be introduced to them and Citizen.

I'm making my hubby assail his ears for one night. lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I like Miss Murder... I didn't even realize it was them until recently. And I am sure its an old song? Maybe I will check out more of their stuff soon. If I like one song, I hope that means I am bound to like more. 

As for the song posted by op, im not so hyped on that one. 
    If you like that, you are bound to like others...that is a good song, but they have even greater ones...

Check out the album Sing The Sorrow...my fave. And the newest The Blood Album is a throw back to that era,,,amazing!
    Tattooed Dissident!