Options

Can't seem to unsubscribe to threads for email notification or get out of full site

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
edited June 2014 in Technical Stuff and Help
How do you do it?? Even if I click off the star thing so it's not yellow anymore I keep getting the email notifications for that thread. And if I reply to anything I then get email notifications for that thread, which is a feature that I really like, but I can't see any way to stop getting those notification if I lose interest in the thread. Anyone know? Thanks! :)
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by PJ_Soul on

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    click the settings icon. you can change alot of the notifications there. . next to your name on the forum. First settings option is notifications.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yes, I know where that is, but there isn't anything there that let's you unsubscribe to particular threads.
    The thing is, it used to be easy to do, but ever since they changed it so that Email notifications start as soon as you simply post in a thread (like with the old forum) rather than only when you bookmark it or start it yourself, I haven't been able to unsubscribe as far as I can tell. I really like that change, but this is a negative result of it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,338
    let me see what i can do. hold on.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    :-?
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    HOW DO YOU REMOVE A DISCUSSION THAT HAS BEEN BOOKMARKED?
    Select the star icon under your username and then click the star to the right of the subject line of the thread. If you are in the thread, you can click on the star to the right of the subject line of the first post.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, but that hasn't worked. I'm getting notifications for every thread that I've ever posted to, not just the ones I've bookmarked (starred). I want to know how to stop getting notifications for threads I've participated in. Plus, unbookmarking isn't working either if I've posted in the thread (which I probably have if it was bookmarked in the first place).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    wait...

do you want to stop receiving all of these emails?

did you just get an email right now?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lol. Fuck, thanks for ANOTHER email. :P

I want to get notifications for some of the threads I've participated in (including this one ;) ), but I want to stop getting them for others - the ones I'm not interested in anymore. Can't do it!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol. Fuck, thanks for ANOTHER email. :P

I want to get notifications for some of the threads I've participated in (including this one ;) ), but I want to stop getting them for others - the ones I'm not interested in anymore. Can't do it!

if you want more emails, we may be able to help you. hang tight...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Kay, another problem. I switched to the full site on my phone so I could change a setting (ridiculously, you can't do that on the mobile version), and now I can't get out of the full site version on the phone. There is no option to switch back (ridiculous). The full site version on a phone is just about the worst thing I've ever seen or done (okay, not really, but still...), so if someone can tell me how to get out of it without clearing my cache that would be sweet. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    hold on. one problem at a time. my people are still working on a way to get you more email notifications.

hang tight...
    chinese-happy.jpg