Options

Into the Wild - Vinyl

2»

Comments

• Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

These numarks seem to be reasonable any particular model i should be looking at.

Most I am going to spend is $175? Is that enough to get some quality sound.

OK i need some recommendations on a turntable. I have a Klipsch 6 piece speaker system 4 plus center and 12 inch woofer.

I have an older sony receover which will have to do for now.

Ideas? please

As an owner of re-pressings and originals, if you are playing your records through a shitty set up, neither will sound great. Invest in a decent set up (think about throwing most of your $$ at receiver and speakers) and your vinyl will make good on the investment.

People will pay more for a LP, than they invest in their system. Silly people. 8-}
    Part of the equation for some, not for all though. I think some do make a concerted effort to learn though as this, IMHO, isn't a 'plug and play' situation. Ah, just the nerdy audiophile in me coming out here. Carry on.

Denon speakers or amp....Numark turntable.

OK i need some recommendations on a turntable. I have a Klipsch 6 piece speaker system 4 plus center and 12 inch woofer.

Ideas? please

As an owner of re-pressings and originals, if you are playing your records through a shitty set up, neither will sound great. Invest in a decent set up (think about throwing most of your $$ at receiver and speakers) and your vinyl will make good on the investment.

People will pay more for a LP, than they invest in their system. Silly people. 8-}
    Part of the equation for some, not for all though. I think some do make a concerted effort to learn though as this, IMHO, isn't a 'plug and play' situation. Ah, just the nerdy audiophile in me coming out here. Carry on.

IMHO, do yourself a favor and stay away from any Numark TT.
    ^^^ THE TRUTH ^^^

Don't waste your money
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited April 2014
    Check out Rega RP1 or Pro-ject Debut for the bare minimum kind of turntable you should get if taking the plunge. Theyre $300 and up, its almost pointless to get into audiophile stuff if you have any weak links. You'll be better off with CDs. Crazy expensive hobby.
  • Options
    PredakingPredaking Posts: 267
    Craigslist and Audiogon can be good places to look for used TTs in your area. A 'lowly' Technics SL-series table would be in that price range, and still give you a solid table. You won't get an SL-1200 for that price, but if you look hard enough an SL-1100 can be had in that range. Otherwise, go with one of the less expensive newer Rega models.

As mentioned, a good cartridge is just as important. I have a new Shure M97xE, an old Shure M91, some random Audiotechnica model, and one other beater. I am looking to install the M91 this weekend and give that a whirl. At any rate, expect to drop another $110+ on a new cart or stylus.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

< People who love vinyl but play it on one of those suitcase players with the built in speakers either don't know any better, or are absolutely not interested in vinyl because of the sound. They just like holding the album and watching it spin.... Which is fine, if that's what turns their crank.

Yeah. So true.
    This guy here is a dumb ass ...
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

These numarks seem to be reasonable any particular model i should be looking at.

Most I am going to spend is $175? Is that enough to get some quality sound.

Ideas? please

Ideas? please

Don't let these audiophiles scare you. The average listener doesn't need a high end system to enjoy vinyl. My bro just bought me a bottom of the line Audio-Technical Turntable and I plugged it in to my Sonos. Vitalogy sounds beautiful on it. Maybe not audiophile quality but the depth is great and the crackles are stellar.
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871

PJ_Soul said:

< People who love vinyl but play it on one of those suitcase players with the built in speakers either don't know any better, or are absolutely not interested in vinyl because of the sound. They just like holding the album and watching it spin.... Which is fine, if that's what turns their crank.

Yeah. So true.
    Hahahaha!!!!! Fantastic.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited April 2014

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah. So true.
    Pretty sure that guy also has more than one fucking amazing stereo system too!... and for that matter, who knows what that contraption sounds like. ;) (anyway, I didn't call anyone dumb. I said it's fine if that's what they like.... they just aren't getting the benefit of great sound)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I just ordered this on vinyl from amazon yesterday as well... going to save it till I have my listening room set up in my front living room. Going to get a decent turn table instead of the one kind of like Eddie has in the above picture (ha ha) and hook up my big old 70's Sansui speakers.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    You also dont see Ed dressing like that and wearing his hair like a fn 70's Mod either. The turntable used there was dress up for a photo shoot.

Those portable players like the one above are crap.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543

You also dont see Ed dressing like that and wearing his hair like a fn 70's Mod either. The turntable used there was dress up for a photo shoot.

Those portable players like the one above are crap.

Oh yeah, haha, I didn't even notice his clothes. That's totally a photo shoot. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I have this

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PS-LX300USB-Stereo-Turntable-Black/dp/B0015HOFZI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398286487&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+turntable

been happy with it. Maybe I dont know any better? I have it hooked up to my Onkyo 7.1 Surround sound all in 1 system.
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    I had an entry level Audio Technica and upgraded quickly to a vintage Denon so that I could adjust tracking force and hopefully save my vinyl (I figured if I'm going to spend crazy money on things like Pearl Jam albums, I don't want the wrong tracking force to mess them up). Then I caught the upgrade bug and now I figure I will always be upgrading. The latest purchases were a Benz Micro Glider cartridge and a Cambridge pre-amp. My system sounds totally underbart.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    demetrios said:

@pearljamonline.it

Eddie Vedder | Into The Wild on Vinyl!
    (180 grams audiophile vinyl / Gatefold Sleeve + 28 page booklet)

BUY NOW!
    ITA http://tinyurl.com/IntoTheWild-Vinyl
    USA http://tinyurl.com/ITW-Vinyl

Still in stock?
    :bz