R&R Hall Of Fame's Peresman on PJ's Drummers Situation

2»

Comments

• Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    DewieCox said:

dankind said:

Boom?

If he goes in, then Brendan Obrien and every drummer that has played with them and/or rumored to join them should go in.
    yep

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    DewieCox said:

Would PJ have made it big wo Dave A? I say yes.

Would PJ exist to be inducted wo MC? I say no.

I'm guessing that's how the HoF goes about this. Thus, the Kiss decision. And wo a band objection, I don't see the push for Dave A happening.

Of course they made it big with Ten, but Vs, Vitalogy and the live shows wouldn't have been as good with a different drummer. He helped push them to another level IMO. If he doesn't go in, then no PJ drummer deserves to go in.

I agree PJ wouldn't exist without Cameron, as they've states as much. OTOH, I don't think much of their RnR HoF case has been built with him in the band, that they couldn't have built with any other good rock drummer. Not taking anything away from his ability or his contributions to the band, I just think they'd have pretty much the same resume if they stopped in the early 00s.

I think pearl jam could have called it quits in 2000 and still been inducted in the HoF. Matt Cameron doesn't make them Hall of fame worthy. Dave A and Jack had more to do with that.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,851
    Dave A better go in. We all know this won't happen though. Whatever the beef the band had with him you'd figure they could let it go after 20 YEARS. For all the tolerance and liberalism the band shows you'd figure they could walk the walk with one guy for one night.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    edited April 2014

DewieCox said:

Would PJ have made it big wo Dave A? I say yes.

Would PJ exist to be inducted wo MC? I say no.

I'm guessing that's how the HoF goes about this. Thus, the Kiss decision. And wo a band objection, I don't see the push for Dave A happening.

Of course they made it big with Ten, but Vs, Vitalogy and the live shows wouldn't have been as good with a different drummer. He helped push them to another level IMO. If he doesn't go in, then no PJ drummer deserves to go in.

I agree PJ wouldn't exist without Cameron, as they've states as much. OTOH, I don't think much of their RnR HoF case has been built with him in the band, that they couldn't have built with any other good rock drummer. Not taking anything away from his ability or his contributions to the band, I just think they'd have pretty much the same resume if they stopped in the early 00s.

I think pearl jam could have called it quits in 2000 and still been inducted in the HoF. Matt Cameron doesn't make them Hall of fame worthy. Dave A and Jack had more to do with that.
    The first five albums are indeed good (I mean great) enough to get them into the HoF but their live performances since (and, of course, the whole bootleg program) took them to another level as artists in the music business.

• Options
    Just my two cents, but I think that Dave Krusen, Dave Abbruzzese, Jack Irons, and Matt Cameron should all be inducted with the band.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC