Options

R&R Hall Of Fame's Peresman on PJ's Drummers Situation

MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
edited April 2014 in The Porch
Pearl Jam should pose another conundrum considering the fact they've had five separate drummers. "I'm just trying to get through next Friday," says Peresman with a big laugh. "I'll deal with Pearl Jam's drummers after that."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rock-hall-induction-2014-inside-the-fights-performances-kiss-wrath-20140404#ixzz2xw97HzFN

Comments

• Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Shhh! Only four exist.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I don't think it will be much of an issue when the time comes.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    That's funny. I wonder what they'll do?

----------------
    Sig:
    http://965thefox.com/march-bandness-2014-final-pearl-jam-vs-the-who/

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    I had looked in to why dave Navarro wasn't inducted with the chili peppers. As per the hall requirements must be:
    1. Original members or
    2. Record 2 or more albums with the group.
    Looks like as per the rules all 4 drummers should get into the hall.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,227
    They'll just have Peter Criss play drums with them at the induction ceremony.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Those may be the requirements, but the bands decide who gets in. It'll be pretty weak if Abbruzzese doesn't go in with them.
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,304
    jamburger said:

Shhh! Only four exist.

Matt Chamberlain was also a member for a spell.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,227
    wwsuicide said:

jamburger said:

Shhh! Only four exist.

I'm sure Jamburger knows that, I believe he was referring to Dave A. essentially being persona non grata per EV.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,304
    edited April 2014
    Poncier said:

wwsuicide said:

jamburger said:

Shhh! Only four exist.

I'm sure Jamburger knows that, I believe he was referring to Dave A. essentially being persona non grata per EV.

Got ya. Dave A. was a badass IMO.
    Post edited by wwsuicide on
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited April 2014
    DewieCox said:

Those may be the requirements, but the bands decide who gets in. It'll be pretty weak if Abbruzzese doesn't go in with them.

Do they? The first drummer for Nirvana, Chad Channing, will not be inducted. He played on the first album, Bleach. The HOF refuses to induct him. Their decision. Same goes for Pat Smear.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/nirvana-drummer-hall-of-fame/

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/blog_files/Nirvana_Chad_Channing_Inducted.html

Kiss has its own issues. Being dissed by the HOF for 14 years is one of them, as well as now being inducted but only the original members, which they have a real problem with. HOF's decision.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2014/03/31/kiss-feels-dissed-by-rock-hall-of-fame-induction-process/7100607/

The HOF is just another corporate entity making up their own rules. Don't look up to them as the ultimate club for only the highest royalty of rock and roll. Look at them like PJ looks at the Grammys. Because they're just as corporate.

I tend to like Linda Ronstandt. But it's now 40 years since she's been howling her pipes and only now do they induct her. And she can't even sing at the induction because she has Parkinson's Disease which has now taken away her beautiful talent.

Way to go, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame…
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    Fuck the R & R HOF. As long as groups like Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Moody Blues and Chicago aren't in, it's relevancy to me is irrelevant.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    An interesting article: http://www.futurerocklegends.com/blog_files/category-rock-hall-politics.php

How Does the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Decide Which Band Members Get Inducted?

(Nothing's consistent: Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Grateful Dead are among the very few whom all band members were inducted).
  • Options

An interesting article: http://www.futurerocklegends.com/blog_files/category-rock-hall-politics.php

(Nothing's consistent: Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Grateful Dead are among the very few whom all band members were inducted).

Ah..,just seen that and was coming back for a little crow. Either way. Dave A deserves some recognition as a drummer that's every bit as important to the PJ cause as the others. Hopefully PJ/EV is cool with him getting up on stage and accepting the honor.
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited April 2014
    DewieCox said:

Ah..,just seen that and was coming back for a little crow. Either way. Dave A deserves some recognition as a drummer that's every bit as important to the PJ cause as the others. Hopefully PJ/EV is cool with him getting up on stage and accepting the honor.
    According to one of the articles, I've read, Chad Channing is invited to the event as a guest, not as an inductee and not as a performer. It's not up to the band. It'll probably be the same for PJ and every other band. Unless they do it anyway. But he won't get a trophy, plaque or whatever they get.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    No way does Dave A go in with the band , they celebrated 20yrs a band with out so much a sniff towards Dave it's as if he never played a single song with them ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

According to one of the articles, I've read, Chad Channing is invited to the event as a guest, not as an inductee and not as a performer. It's not up to the band. It'll probably be the same for PJ and every other band. Unless they do it anyway. But he won't get a trophy, plaque or whatever they get.

I'm saying he should get a plaque and inducted, not just an invite.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

I'm saying he should get a plaque and inducted, not just an invite.
    I think all the drummers should be. But it's up to the corrupt HOF who gets inducted.
  • Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    Real shame about Chad.

The band being inducted this year is all based off the release of Bleach, and album that Grohl had nothing to do with.

Will be interesting to see if PJ gets in year one, and who they induct as the drummer(s).

• Options
    MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
    edited April 2014
    Since it's the Rock Hall that decides who gets in, Channing should definitely have been included because of Bleach. Krist and Dave are both on record saying they wish he was in.

And since it's the Rock Hall that decides who gets in, Dave A should definitely be included. Dude wrote "Go" (album opener, mind you) and co-wrote "WMA", "Last Exit", "Pry, To", "Aye Davanita", and "Alone".

Dave K needs to be inducted because of Ten. He also co-wrote "Release", "Wash", "2,000 Mile Blues", and "Evil Little Goat".

Jack and Matt Cameron need to be inducted because .... well, I don't have to go into details here, now do I .....
    Post edited by MSnider44 on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    How weird would it be to see the band jam with all of them?
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285

How weird would it be to see the band jam with all of them?

=)) this will be SO Spinal Tap!
  • Options
    Would PJ have made it big wo Dave A? I say yes.

Would PJ exist to be inducted wo MC? I say no.

I'm guessing that's how the HoF goes about this. Thus, the Kiss decision. And wo a band objection, I don't see the push for Dave A happening.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    It will definitely be interesting to see how they go about this. All are deserving of being honored when PJ is inducted, and I personally would feel great to see the band give Dave A some love when it happens.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options

Would PJ have made it big wo Dave A? I say yes.

Would PJ exist to be inducted wo MC? I say no.

I'm guessing that's how the HoF goes about this. Thus, the Kiss decision. And wo a band objection, I don't see the push for Dave A happening.

Of course they made it big with Ten, but Vs, Vitalogy and the live shows wouldn't have been as good with a different drummer. He helped push them to another level IMO. If he doesn't go in, then no PJ drummer deserves to go in.

I agree PJ wouldn't exist without Cameron, as they've states as much. OTOH, I don't think much of their RnR HoF case has been built with him in the band, that they couldn't have built with any other good rock drummer. Not taking anything away from his ability or his contributions to the band, I just think they'd have pretty much the same resume if they stopped in the early 00s.

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    MSnider44 said:

Since it's the Rock Hall that decides who gets in, Channing should definitely have been included because of Bleach. Krist and Dave are both on record saying they wish he was in.

I'm surprised to hear it's the Rock Hall that decides who gets in. If that's the case, how is Robert Trujillo in with Metallica and Dave Mustaine isn't? I figured that was Metallica saying "we don't want Dave." Same with the Chili Peppers. How is their latest guitarist Josh Klinghoffer in? I assumed they said they wanted him in so here he is.

Anyway, as for PJ, I'd be fine with just four of them and Matt being inducted. Dave Krusen won't be inducted. And either Dave A and Jack both will be or both won't be. You can't induct one and not the other.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    edited April 2014
    Matt and jack are certain to get in and it won't shock me if Dave does too.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited April 2014
    The band has to understand that the fans love Dave A. He was the friendliest most accessible member during their mega stardom. He belongs onstage with them at least for the speech.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    I'm just glad there is no longer a debate as to whether or not the band itself will be inducted.

Pearl Jam in 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!

(It'd be that year, right?)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Boom?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Boom?

If he goes in, then Brendan Obrien and every drummer that has played with them and/or rumored to join them should go in.