Options

How likely am I to meet Mike McCready at FTM showbox show?

PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
edited April 2014 in The Porch
So I just turned 21 in December, which means I can FINALLY attend his annual FTM show. I have been listening to PJ since I was a little kid, they are my absolute favorite band (maybe tied with Grateful Dead and Elliott Smtih) And meeting Mike would be like a dream come true for me! I've wanted to go his annual FTM show for years but never could since I was underaged, but now I can finally go, I just got my ticket. Any tips for meeting him? Do you think he'd take a picture with me? :) Just thinking about the show makes me so excited, I cannot wait!!!

-Seth
Shows:
Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
Post edited by PJFAN_seattle on

Comments

• Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    edited April 2014
    I went to the first couple of these shows and met him both times. He was cool as hell, happy to sign, shake hands...etc. That has been several years so I don't know what it has been like in the past couple of years, but Mike is such a stand up guy that I'm guessing he still walks through the crowd to leave out the front door. Good luck and enjoy living the dream!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited April 2014
    I met him last year before the show...really cool guy, very approachable. He even gave me a handful of picks-didn't even ask for them.
    EDIT: I did get my pic with him as well.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless