Options

PJ Wishlist hour on SiriusXM PJ Radio

JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
I was really fortunate to have the chance to record my own wishlist radio show that will be broadcast at some point in the next few weeks.

It got me wondering who else has done one of these or wants to?

Please post in this thread if you participated in creating your own Wishlist. Let us know when it aired and what songs you played. If you have an audio copy post a link for us all to listen again!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    I did a Wishlist last summer. Here are my songs:

1) "Masters of War," 2011 Fan Club Single - This is the version from the Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert 10/16/92. I chose this because I was at the concert, and when it was over I exited down a staircase that was next to the stage. When I opened the door, I (literally!) ran into Eddie and Mike!

2) "Red Mosquito" Austin City Limits Music Festival 10/4/09 - I love this song, and the dueling guitars of Mike and Ben Harper make this a terrific version.

3) "Alive," Madison Square Garden, NYC 9/11/98 - I was at this show. During this song, Ed made several attempts to throw the mic cord over the lighting rig, and you can hear the crowd cheer when he's successful. He climbed up the cord and hung from it for a while.

4) "Come Back," Wuhlheide, Berlin 6/30/10 - Ed breaks down discussing the 10th anniversary of the Roskilde tragedy.

5) "Let My Love Open the Door" Soldier Field, Chicago 7/11/95 - In July, 1999 I was lucky enough to win tickets to an invitation-only concert a local radio station hosted at a small venue called the Supper Club in Manhattan. Pete Townshend was promoting his soon-to-be-released "Pete Townshend Live" album, and half-way through the set a platinum-blonde Eddie Vedder joined him onstage. After taping the song earlier that day on The Late Show With David Letterman, they again performed "Heart to Hang Onto" at The Supper Club, followed by another seven songs. PJ Radio didn't have this copy of "Heart to Hang Onto," so I chose this other Pete/Eddie song.

I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    Wow! Those were such great picks! I was also so lucky to be at your second, third and fifth selections (Austin, MSG, and that Pete Townshend Supper Club show. Great memories all around!
  • Options
    That's so cool you were at the Supper Club too! I never met anyone else who had been there.

My son actually won the tickets from Q104.3, and he was nice enough to take me with him (he knew I would make his life miserable if he didn't, LOL!).
  • Options
    I actually just waited on a line outside the venue for a few hours and got super lucky that they let us in too. I may have been with someone with press credentials (it was so long ago I don't remember exactly), but we still had to wait and really had a 50/50 chance of getting in. They played betterman together too, right?
  • Options
    Here's a link to a review of the show with the setlist. I can't believe it's still online:
    nypost.com/1999/07/30/townshend-live-kickin/#ixzz2VIu1OeVR
  • Options
    Oh that didn't have the full setlist. Here it is:

Setlist: 7/28/99
    1. Won't Get Fooled Again (The Who song)
    2. Behind Blue Eyes (The Who song)
    3. Drowned (The Who song)
    4. Cut My Hair (The Who song)
    5. Slit Skirts
    6. I Put a Spell on You (Screamin' Jay Hawkins cover)
    7. Let My Love Open the Door
    8. Heart to Hang Onto (with Eddie Vedder)
    9. Let's See Action (The Who song, with Eddie Vedder)
    10. Better Man (Pearl Jam cover, with Eddie Vedder)
    11. 'Till The Rivers All Run Dry
  • Options
    In honor of the 20th Anniversary, today, of my first Pearl Jam show, my wishlist will premiere on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio today!

Tune in to hear my stories and which special songs I chose!

Here’s the Wishlist schedule:

Tuesday 6pm ET
    Thursday 9am ET
    Saturday Noon ET
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,855
    Jed said:

In honor of the 20th Anniversary, today, of my first Pearl Jam show, my wishlist will premiere on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio today!

Tune in to hear my stories and which special songs I chose!

Here’s the Wishlist schedule:

Tuesday 6pm ET
    Thursday 9am ET
    Saturday Noon ET

Awesome! I will be tuning in.

I just got selected to create my own Wishlist, but I am very early in the process. I have not even recorded my segments yet.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Bump since my show is about to air!