Options

Be a part of Seattle Rock History!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/be-a-part-of-seattle-rock-history?show_todos=true

Help restore the Legendary Neve console at London Bridge Studio, used on Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Mother Love Bone,Temple of the Dog, Alice In Chains & more!

So many of you have talked to us about the impact that the many records recorded at London Bridge Studios have made on your lives (and now even some of your children's lives). The technical heart of the studio is our one of a kind hand-bulit 1970's Vintage Neve console. This is the very console every single one of those records near and dear to your (and our) hearts were recorded on. It is in that spirit and sentiment that we continue our commitment to preserving the culture, community, and historic creative hub that is London Bridge Studio.

As a way to further connect us all and our love for the "sound" of so many records that have made such an impact on all of us, we would like to offer you the opportunity to make our story YOUR story, restore this legendary console, and etch your own name on this precious piece of Seattle rock history.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, and please, spread the word!

We're so grateful for your continued support and thankful to have you as part of the London Bridge community.

Restore the Neve 8048 console at London Bridge Studios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2mTj78nKn4

http://www.londonbridgestudio.com
What's a Neve console you ask?

"You take a microphone and you plug it into the console. You sing into the microphone, the sound goes through the cable, into the desk. And in the desk, you can manipulate the sound by making it brighter, giving it more bass, basically like an EQ on your stereo. Then the sound comes out of the desk and into your tape machine or your Pro Tools unit, and then that's the sound that you get.

Now, different boards do different things to the sound that's coming through them. An old Neve desk does embellish it in a way that makes it sound sort of bigger or warmer. It doesn't change the performance but it does enhance the way that it sounds. You know, it's the difference between listening to an old record on an old stereo versus listening to something off of your iPod. It really suits rock 'n' roll. I think musicians like me are drawn to those older desks, not just because they're legend and lore but also because they do something really specific that is hard to emulate or re-create digitally."

- Dave Grohl

(http://www.npr.org/2013/03/08/173823162/dave-grohl-finds-musics-human-element-in-a-machine)

Why should I help with restoring this console?

Seattle has always been a booming hub for music and the arts, and London Bridge has been at the epicenter since the late 80's and early 90's. With your assistance you can help give the next Pearl Jam, Macklemore, or Nirvana an affordable place to flourish and thrive, while preserving an incredible piece of Rock & Roll history for decades to come.

:)

Comments

• Options
    Here's some sweet photos I took @ London Bridge Studios last December. :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200290542266794.1073741944.1850809975&type=1&l=e15f85cde2
  • Options
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Very cool pictures from your London Bridge Studio tour! I wish I had enough time when I was there in December to do the tour. Perhaps next time...
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Bump! :)
  • Options
    That's awesome. I've recorded there and it's quite a place and quite a board.
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    @ London Bridge Studio

Thank you Wishlist Foundation and Theresa!! You are the star that went on top, and we DEEPLY appreciate your support!

• Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Is the estimated cost of refurbishment stated anywhere? What's the cash goal here? That would be nice to know before we all just start throwin our cash to this cause wouldn't ya think?
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    CButt2CButt2 Posts: 157
    evsgjamm said:

Is the estimated cost of refurbishment stated anywhere? What's the cash goal here? That would be nice to know before we all just start throwin our cash to this cause wouldn't ya think?

Click on the link at the top of the thread it will tell you everything.
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Geeeeez! I clicked on the link for the londonbridgestudio.com and after reading that and not seeing it there, I asked.... totally missed the link at the top. Thanks for the notice I should've noticed myself :P
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options

UPDATE VIDEO: Help Restore A Piece of Seattle Rock History!!
    from Eric Lilavois

indiegogo.com/projects/be-a-part-of-seattle-rock-history/x/5225356

• Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    I can't help but think there was a real missed opportunity here. A coke bottle colored missed opportunity.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    What were the odds that there would be that many amazing artists/musicians all in one place at the same point in time to able to record here. Was there any other era of music where this many iconic bands came from one music scene? To have a Eddie, Lane, Andrew, Chris, Mark, Kurt, Dave all together in one metropolitan area. And thats only looking at the front men (I included Foo since Dave was involved and its his band). So much talent in one place at a single point in time. The odds had to be pretty slim in a historical point of view. We have to help save this place for future generations to see and understand.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I helped out my local recording studio today!
    Save the studio!
  • Options

The Journey (Official Trailer)
    from A.M. Bushe Plus

The Journey: The Making of Salt, S(e)a, & Smoke

An inside look at music producer Eric Lilavois’ (Saint Motel, Atlas Genius) unique process - in stunning anamorphic black and white. The Journey follows a cast of career musicians to Seattle’s historic London Bridge Studio (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains), where creative ambition meets professional commitment.

The Journey features in-depth interviews, performances, and commentary on the creative process from a cast of career musicians including Ben Smith (Heart), Andrew Joslyn (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis), Danny T. Levin (Vampire Weekend, Julian Casablancas), David Moyer (U2, Snoop Dogg, Tears for Fears, Broken Bells) and GRAMMY NW Chapter President Geoff Ott (Unwritten Law, 3 Doors Down).

Met Eric back in December in Seattle. At London Bridge & at the Wishlist Foundation PreParty. Can't wait to see this. All the best man. :)