Options

**Eddie please play LONG ROAD in Brisbane this Saturday**

givn2fly26givn2fly26 Posts: 395
edited February 2014 in The Porch
I've never written one of these before but hoping it will work. I want to ask a special request for Eddie to play Long Road this Saturday in Brisbane for my grandpa who passed away a few days ago at the age of 100.

My grandpa (Pops) was the cornerstone of our family who lived independently after losing his wife to cancer 40 years ago. Pops turned 100 in November 2013 but unfortunately I wasn't able to be there for his birthday in Idaho as I now live in Australia but did manage to see him in December after I flew back to the US for the funeral of one of my best friends (and big PJ fan) Mike whose life was cut too short in a terrible accident in California (http://yubanet.com/regional/Death-of-Tahoe-National-Forest-Firefighter-and-Tahoe-Hotshots-Crew-Squadboss-Mike-Kelly-in-Camptonville.php).

It's amazing the difference in two lives, one who ended too early and the other who lived a full long and happy life. Both still very sad.

Pops was still going strong and was even shovelling snow off of his sidewalk when I saw him last and I'm so glad I got to spend time with him while I was there a few months ago.

Last week he had a fall at his house and had a minor heart attack and was taken to the hospital where they found out he had pneumonia and a tumor on his kidney. Within a week he had passed away.

Long Road means a lot to me and captures the mood we are all in at the moment.
Post edited by givn2fly26 on

Comments

• Options
    let's bump this. hope he plays it for you.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    My Pop (aka Donald, Duck or Bob) passed away on Australia Day this year from mesothelioma.
    I saw him last on his 76th birthday on the 2nd of January, when he was in hospital unable to breath very well and in much pain.

My Mum (his daughter) will be there with me and my sister on Saturday and this would be lovely for both you and for my family.

Much love and Pearl Jam.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options

let's bump this. hope he plays it for you.

Thanks TroubledSoul - I appreciate the bump
  • Options

My Pop (aka Donald, Duck or Bob) passed away on Australia Day this year from mesothelioma.
    I saw him last on his 76th birthday on the 2nd of January, when he was in hospital unable to breath very well and in much pain.

My Mum (his daughter) will be there with me and my sister on Saturday and this would be lovely for both you and for my family.

Much love and Pearl Jam.

I'm sorry for your loss PB. Hopefully he plays it for you and your family too!
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    I can bump this. I have travelled for the Ed shows in Bris from South Africa and have also had my fair share of tragedy over the years like everyone else. Got Long Road once on my 13th PJ show in Philadelphia last October. Would love to hear this one....am really excited about seeing Ed solo for the first time.
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Really hope you get it, Ed plays it beautifully solo too
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    thanks p!
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    givn2fly26givn2fly26 Posts: 395
    edited February 2014

I can bump this. I have travelled for the Ed shows in Bris from South Africa and have also had my fair share of tragedy over the years like everyone else. Got Long Road once on my 13th PJ show in Philadelphia last October. Would love to hear this one....am really excited about seeing Ed solo for the first time.

Glad you're getting to see him solo for the first time! I haven't seen Long Road played live yet. Let's hope for Saturday.
    Post edited by givn2fly26 on
  • Options
    Bump! Please play Ed!
  • Options

Much love and Pearl Jam.

I'm sorry for your loss PB. Hopefully he plays it for you and your family too!

Cheers. My thoughts are with you and will be when it is played Saturday. (Wishful thinking.)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    I hope Long Road is played for you and your families, my heart goes out to you and your family and I am wishing very hard for you to hear the Long Road. I also hope you have a fantastic night :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    My favorite by pj; Paul is right, he plays it amazing live. Good luck with your request.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 564
    Yep come on Ed, make it happen!
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    About to leave for the concert! Hope it's on the setlist!
  • Options
    That was the most amazing heartfelt version of long road I've ever heard.

Thanks Ed for honoring the request for these people. Brilliant.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    It's so lovely how Ed listens to these requests and it certainly was a beautiful version of Long Road...must have been a really special moment for you both!
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    NT251861NT251861 Perth Posts: 40
    Was so pleased for you when he played this for you!
    no matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead... PJ - Adelaide 98, 09; Perth 03, 06, 09, 14; EV - Perth 11, 14 (2 shows), Brisbane 14 (2 shows)
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 564
    Phenomenal. So perfect
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    Tears from all. Thank you is all I can say, nothing can express.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Thanks OP for this original post.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    What an amazing night! Thanks so much to Ed for playing Long Road last night. Meant a lot that he could take the time to play it let alone speak about it.
  • Options

Thanks OP for this original post.

:)