Options

PJ things to see in Seattle.

marjenmarjen CT Posts: 803
Well I am going to make my way out to Seattle for the first time ever in April. My daughter is playing in a soccer tournament in Vancouver so we are going to fly into Seattle and spend a day or so there. Any good PJ related stuff to see?

Comments

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I checked out The Off Ramp, Moore Theatre, Crocodile Cafe, The Show box, Benneroya Hall when I was there in December
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Check out www.stalkingseattle.com .

A friend of mine did this tour a few days before the last show and said it was very cool. It's main focus is on the music scene. They go all over town and will stop at any of the locations that you want so you can take a bunch of pictures. I would have done it but I was only there for 2.5 days & they were completely booked that whole weekend because of the show.

I hope this helps you out.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    I did that tour and it was a pretty cool way to see the city.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    If you're going to Seattle Centre, you could check out the Mural Amphitheatre, where PJ played. :)

PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited January 2014
    marjen said:

Well I am going to make my way out to Seattle for the first time ever in April. My daughter is playing in a soccer tournament in Vancouver so we are going to fly into Seattle and spend a day or so there. Any good PJ related stuff to see?

All very good answers so far..... although I will suggest that you skip the Pearl Jam related sites and see some other stuff instead if you're only there for one day. I mean, if you had lots of time, sure, looking at some club where they played might be something to do, but your time is so short.... If I were you (and I'm not obviously - this is just a suggestion from my point of view!), I'd check out places like Pike Place, the Underground Tour, the gold rush museum, and the Music Experience (where you will find some PJ stuff among other awesome things!). :) But that tour that someone mentioned sounds cool. I'd like to do that! If it includes lots of PJ stuff, all the better!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    You absolutely have to check out the EMP. I haven't been there in years, but they used to have a great PJ (among other great local bands) section.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    The stalking Seattle tour is awesome, as is EMP. If you do the Seattle stalking tour, she picks you up right near the EMP museum, so go there either before or afterwards. The Nirvana and Jimi Hendrix exhibits were really cool, we were so happy we made it there before our flight home.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Really interesting thread...what is the best district for an accomodation?
  • Options
    Hey guys thanks for all the advise. I am going to see what we can fit it, will only be in Seattle for about one day.
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    She picks you up at the EMP so we spent a few hours in there as well. I highly recommend that as well.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Air23 said:

Really interesting thread...what is the best district for an accomodation?

Downtown.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    When I was out there for the recent show I checked out things like the Singles apartment building and Discovery Park where the Hunger Strike video was shot. I had previously been to the various music venues and other tourist spots. Oh, and I went to Easy Street Records which was cool, lots of PJ stuff on the walls and even a flag from the Wrigley show.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    edited January 2014
    Not band related, but stop by Zeek's Pizza for a meal while you're checking out the Space Needle/EMP/Key Arena neighborhood.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    I'll have to take that London Bridge Studios tour the next time I'm out there.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    100 Pacer said:

Not band related, but stop by Zeek's Pizza for a meal while you're checking out the Space Needle/EMP/Key Arena neighborhood.

I prefer Pagliacci's (say: Pa-Lee-ah-chee) over Zeeks.
    They've been around since 1979, multiple awards. http://www.pagliacci.com/about.html

Customer service is top notch.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    https://www.facebook.com/twofeetthick/posts/251251581601017?comment_id=2789984

I think Two Feet Thick also has a great list of stuff as well or maybe it's elsewhere? It was huge...stuff from the Singles apartment and the Hunger Strike video.

I also recommend seeing 1820 E. Thomas, but keep in mind that a lot of regular citizens (maybe some guy named Dick??) all live there and they probably like their privacy.

http://mynorthwest.com/646/345960/Grunge-lovers-guide-to-Seattle
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Trip is now under 2 weeks away. It looked like we were only going to have a couple hours in seattle but my daughters tournament schedule changed a bit so now we are going to spend the night in Seattle. Getting a hotel by the airport as we have to deal with multiple rental cars due to the awful way the rental car companies deal with picking a car up at one location and dropping at another. So I guess we are going to need a car as well to get around.

Looking for a good suggestion on a nice local restaurant for dinner. Not a chain, something with burgers, chicken or salads maybe some good local brews? Cant wait!
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Check out garage billiards, they have food and if you check out their "our story" on their web page site ,a couple members of PJ backed the owners when they converted it from an automotive garage into a full service bar, food, billiards etc... enjoy Seattle! :!!
  • Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    Hit Dick's on Mercer for Cheese Burgers (local fast food favorite), then head up the hill to Kerry Park for the best view of Seattle.

http://www.ddir.com
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Park_(Seattle)

Oh this cool sculpture is also at Kerry Park....
    http://www.malfunkshun.com/malfunkshun_content/motherlove.php

This will leave you by Seattle Center, so you can go see Mural Amphitheater and EMP. Also right there is Memorial Stadium (1998), Key Arena (1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, etc), and Mercer Arena (1993). If you want to see where the bands played a lot of shows in town.

Hit Pike Place Market too. Showbox is across the Street, and its a fun touristy thing.

Sorry for rambling. Have fun!
  • Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    May want to check out Easy Street records, they have a cafe there as well with a pretty good breakfast.
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. Me and my daughter might do the stalking seattle tour. Looks cool and I think we can fit it in. Possibly going to try and hit easy street records too, we both like vinyl. Ten club actually sent me an email with some ideas too a few weeks back, i thought that was pretty cool!
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    If you wanna save $45 each just do the tour yourself. I have most of the addresses if you want. I did my own tour last year and it was interesting and fun.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Haven't read the whole thread but I too did the Stalking Seattle tour when I was there last year. Easy to just be shows around everywhere when you don't have much time. Anyway it was great. Highly recommended. :)

Oh yeah & definitely go by Easy Street Records & EMP was cool too.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Signed us up for the stalking seatle tour! Cant wait.
  • Options
    Victoria81Victoria81 Buenos Aires, Argentina Posts: 23
    I did the stalking seattle tour last December a couple of days before the show. Besides visiting a lot of cool sites, Charity (the guide) is very knowledgeable of the scene. She is amazing; it was like hanging out with a friend!
    I also agree that EMP and Easy Street Records are a must!
    To myself I... surrender...To the one I'll never please
  • Options
    LONDON BRIDGE STUDIO TOUR!!!!!!!
    Did it when we went back in 2012. It gave me goosebumps to stand in the same room that Eddie recorded his vocals.
  • Options
    too many things not enough time. I am only going to be able to fit in the stalking Seattle tour. We arent flying in until around 11 AM, need to get rental car, check in at hotel then we have the afternoon, dinner and by then we are going to be talked. Our flight is 8 AM out of NJ so up at 3 AM to get there from CT. Going to be a LOOOOOONG day with time change and everything.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Of course the Pearl Jam Tour :P lol
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    the kramer reality tour