Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,472
    stepf curry? draymond?

I'm tired of both of you posing motherfuckers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    Wobbie said:
    stepf curry? draymond?

Wobbie said:
    stepf curry? draymond?

Cmon, they are bad dudes.

Clay is the baddest of the bunch though.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I miss the Pacers/Knicks rivalry and Reggie & Spike jawing at each other.  That was good shit!
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    stepf curry? draymond?

Wobbie said:
    stepf curry? draymond?

Cmon, they are bad dudes.

Clay is the baddest of the bunch though.
    Klay and KD are OK....for now.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Wobbie said:
    stepf curry? draymond?

Wob, are we little upset because of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuoKvNMA8_k
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    ^^^^ boris diaw should have leveled his ass.
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Curry is a punk.

I respect ITIV, but I'm sick of him getting that "jump into someone while shooting a 3" call.  If Lebron got the contact calls that Thomas gets, he'd take 40 FT's a game.  Shaq was right about what he dealt with too. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Curry is a punk.

I respect ITIV, but I'm sick of him getting that "jump into someone while shooting a 3" call.  If Lebron got the contact calls that Thomas gets, he'd take 40 FT's a game.  Shaq was right about what he dealt with too. 
    You ever watch Harden play?  He's mastered that "jump into the shot to create contact crap"...
  • Options
    Oh and Cavs up 2...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Curry is a punk.

You ever watch Harden play?  He's mastered that "jump into the shot to create contact crap"...
    yep, Harden's the master :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Oh and Cavs up 2...
    LBJ playing like a monster.  He looks unstoppable. 
  • Options
    Celtics are dirty.  That girl Kelly is the worst.  He tore Love's shoulder on purpose two years ago. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Celtics are dirty.  That girl Kelly is the worst.  He tore Love's shoulder on purpose two years ago. 
    he turned out better than I expected....who was that other Zag? long hair and wispy stache....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Clean pick both times.  Nothing crazy...

Wiz will blow through this round then the real slaughter is coming, lol!
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    he turned out better than I expected....who was that other Zag? long hair and wispy stache....
    Adam Morrison?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    Wobbie said:
    stepf curry? draymond?

Draymond thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. he thinks he is better than Charles Barkley was. Barkley was a top 50 all time player. Draymond is 4th best on his own team.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    stepf curry? draymond?

Draymond thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. he thinks he is better than Charles Barkley was. Barkley was a top 50 all time player. Draymond is 4th best on his own team.
    Dude can ball man.  Straight up.

You could build around him.  He's a good leader.
  • Options
    Draymond is no where near Barkley, but claiming he is 4th best on a super team is not fair. Put him on most teams and he becomes the top guy there. No he is not a guy that will put up 30, but he will play top 3 defense in the NBA and will do what is needed to win. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,506
    Going out for bougatsa, cocoa milk and get back for the sec half..hope Jazz win..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Adam Morrison?
    yeah, that guy. didn't some team draft him ridiculously high?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    steph curry = very whiny; very annoying.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Steph Curry = still playing. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Who's a bitch?

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Who's a bitch?

I still can't believe that Lebron didn't get T'd up for trash talking after that play.  Never saw him do that before either.  He did send a message which I loved!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Who's a bitch?

I still can't believe that Lebron didn't get T'd up for trash talking after that play.  Never saw him do that before either.  He did send a message which I loved!
    He was sick of Draymond's BS, Klay's comment of 'hurt feelings', etc.  And for the media to try to anoint Curry as better than LBJ??  You've got to be kidding me.  After the stat line he put up in the Finals, there can be no question.  
    Now people are saying that Leonard is the best two way player in the league.  I call bullshit on that too.  The chase down block on Iggy was an all timer of a play.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Who's a bitch?

He was sick of Draymond's BS, Klay's comment of 'hurt feelings', etc.  And for the media to try to anoint Curry as better than LBJ??  You've got to be kidding me.  After the stat line he put up in the Finals, there can be no question.  
    Now people are saying that Leonard is the best two way player in the league.  I call bullshit on that too.  The chase down block on Iggy was an all timer of a play.  
    I'd agree with Kawhi statement.  Defensive all NBA team and All NBA team?  Yeah, he's good.  Really good.  I put Durant at #2 then Kawhi and Curry.

Funny about people putting Curry above Lebron, you know why?  Fantasy points...  No shit.  Fantasy scoring points.  I had a "discussion" with an avid NBA fantasy team player and he was telling me why Curry was better than Lebron.  I told him he's nuts.  Put Lebron on any other team in basketball and they are an INSTANT contender.  Not so much the same for Curry.

I also explained the little things that Lebron does that make him great and you can't measure that, you have to see it and know what you're looking at.
  • Options
    @SJD3232 where you at?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Who's a bitch?

I'd agree with Kawhi statement.  Defensive all NBA team and All NBA team?  Yeah, he's good.  Really good.  I put Durant at #2 then Kawhi and Curry.

Funny about people putting Curry above Lebron, you know why?  Fantasy points...  No shit.  Fantasy scoring points.  I had a "discussion" with an avid NBA fantasy team player and he was telling me why Curry was better than Lebron.  I told him he's nuts.  Put Lebron on any other team in basketball and they are an INSTANT contender.  Not so much the same for Curry.

I also explained the little things that Lebron does that make him great and you can't measure that, you have to see it and know what you're looking at.
    You're right about the fantasy thing.  It misses so much of the snap passes, the jab steps, the fact that he scores on a fast break on an inbound PASS?  Are you kidding?  He just runs past everyone.  I saw another stat that his inside the restricted area shooting % is second only to Shaq.  
    Regarding the defense, Lebron was on the all defensive team 6x in a row during the heart of his career.  He just doesn't exert that type of energy in the reg season.  But watch him play free safety in the playoffs... creating double teams and then getting back.  He can cover anyone...  He's still just as good as Leonard on the defensive side, he just saves it for the playoffs.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Who's a bitch?

You're right about the fantasy thing.  It misses so much of the snap passes, the jab steps, the fact that he scores on a fast break on an inbound PASS?  Are you kidding?  He just runs past everyone.  I saw another stat that his inside the restricted area shooting % is second only to Shaq.  
    Regarding the defense, Lebron was on the all defensive team 6x in a row during the heart of his career.  He just doesn't exert that type of energy in the reg season.  But watch him play free safety in the playoffs... creating double teams and then getting back.  He can cover anyone...  He's still just as good as Leonard on the defensive side, he just saves it for the playoffs.  
    ^This statement is totally true.  I discussed this I think with you on here?  Someone was stating how good the Celts were and someone called them a "fraud" and I mentioned to check the heads up play against them.

What the NBA does not want is the 82 game season to be medicore and ONLY about the playoffs, which is where it's headed but I still love regular season heroics.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Who's a bitch?

^This statement is totally true.  I discussed this I think with you on here?  Someone was stating how good the Celts were and someone called them a "fraud" and I mentioned to check the heads up play against them.

What the NBA does not want is the 82 game season to be medicore and ONLY about the playoffs, which is where it's headed but I still love regular season heroics.
    Lebron is focused on his legacy and place in history.  And he knows the regular season means jack in the grand scheme of things.  He's been conditioning himself again for this run, and win or lose the title, I think he'll be the best player on the court at all times.  The NBA has a problem, to some extent.  But the supposed "golden age" of basketball had the same situation.  Celtics in the 50's, Celts and Lakers in the 80's, Bulls in the 90's.  The period that are reflected upon reverentially were marked by dominate teams and a lack of parity.

And it was me that called the Celtics a fraud.  They may get by Washington still because the Wiz have an atrocious bench.  But how the hell do you give up runs like the Celtics do??  It's because they can't really score when it comes down to it.  My only fear is they go all thuggery against the Wizards (if they get smoked in game 6) or against the Cavs when the talent disparity is on full display.  It's the only thing they have in their bag once you get past Thomas.  No one will every convince me that the play on Love wasn't intentional.  I'm not saying he intended to dislocate his shoulder specifically, rather the move was a non-basketball move and intended to hurt Love in some way.