Options

Lightning Bolt Red Vinyl Non-Invasive ID

dudemandudeman Posts: 2,989
edited October 2013 in The Porch
Is there any way to determine if the record inside a sealed copy of Lightning Bolt is red or white based on the serial or product code numbers on the outside of the package?

Those of you that have received colored copies; would you be so kind as to post the numbers on the outside of the package?
If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    Was it random or was it a contest that they got them?

I think the sought after vinyls this time where the ones that actually played without skipping.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,989
    Well, I had the intention of leaving my copy sealed but given the quality issues, I broke down and opened mine. It is black, sharp as shit on the edges and the sleeve is cut through.

I'm playing it now............... :corn:
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Was it random or was it a contest that they got them?

I think the sought after vinyls this time where the ones that actually played without skipping.

Randomly sent out
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    I have no way to back this up except through pics I've seen. It appears the black vinyl packaging has a white lightning bolt going through the eye. The red vinyl has a yellow bolt. I maybe wrong. Those of you lucky enough to get a red let us know!
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    I have no way to back this up except through pics I've seen. It appears the black vinyl packaging has a white lightning bolt going through the eye. The red vinyl has a yellow bolt. I maybe wrong. Those of you lucky enough to get a red let us know!
    The inner sleeve, which is to be seen though the hole on the front, has two sides with the bolt in different colours :)

So it is with mine, and I have a black one.
  • Options
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    The inner sleeve, which is to be seen though the hole on the front, has two sides with the bolt in different colours :)

So it is with mine, and I have a black one.

Ahh. I see it now. My vinyl and I have only been acquainted for an hour or so. Still getting to know it. Good call.
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
  • Options
    I opened up my brand new LB vinyl here in Olympia, WA yesterday....I ordered it thru 10 C. I was very surprised to see that the vinyl was RED in color....... :corn:
    Seattle 2000, Las Vegas 2003, Portland 2009, Seattle(EV) 2011, Portland 2013
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    I opened up my brand new LB vinyl here in Olympia, WA yesterday....I ordered it thru 10 C. I was very surprised to see that the vinyl was RED in color....... :corn:

represent.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    I imagine mine to be red, maybe even white, but I continue to imagine until I can touch it.
  • Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    Jealous.
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!