Options

Why United Center kind of sucked (not bashing PJ performance)

2»

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    StonerJoe wrote:
    Dude THANK U SO MUCH!!!! Weak setlist my ass.

yeah, I don't understand people. It's like they go in with five super-rare songs in their head that they just have to hear, and if they dont then it's, "oh, the setlist was weak."

If I had been there last night, I would have heard three old PJ songs I've never heard live before ... one of which is basically 16 years old. And I'm a PJ veteran.

I would have heard two other Vs. songs that I've only heard once before, one of which I haven't heard in 11.

I think people get so damn spoiled with the bootlegs and what not.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Beer is not the most important thing in the world. If I was some sort of alchoholic who couldn't enjoy myself without booze, yeah, it would suck.

However, at a PJ show, it would be easier to get over.

I'm not telling people not to drink at PJ shows, although I never have (kind of feels like getting drunk at church). I'm just saying if for some reason you aren't able to .... it shouldn't ruin your night, or something's out of whack with your priorities.
  • Options
    PJChicagoPJChicago Posts: 7
    StonerJoe wrote:
    Dude THANK U SO MUCH!!!! Weak setlist my ass.

Well maybe "weak" wasn't the right word. I have seen a lot of PJ shows and i was caught up in the hype that I would see some old school songs or something a little more out of the norm. My big complaint was that they need to put "Betterman" and "Daughter" to rest for this tour. I was hoping to hear Why Go or Garden and especially MITS. i thought they could have subbed those in there somewhere. It was a great show, just not the setlist I was expecting. Is that a little better explanation?
  • Options
    Pearls&StonesPearls&Stones Posts: 585
    Funny you mention lighting up. Guy next to me took a hit from his hitterbox during first song (Release)... security came and kicked him out. First song, holy crap that would have sucked.

No joke....

May God strike me down if I embellish any part of this story...

A few years back, group of about 10 of us got lawn tickets for Tom Petty. Third song in, security tosses 3 people in our group for smoking weed. Third song that night.... "Mary Jane's Last Dance." It was so funny. I think they ended listening to the show in the lot. I sure wasn't leaving the show early with them.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    PJChicago wrote:
    No Why Go, no Garden, no MITS. kind of weak setlist compared to most. Baba was great but could have put those three in there somewhere. I'm sure night two will get a nice setlist, but I can't make it tomorrow. Still, they rocked out like the old times though.
    Poor sales=Poor set. Chicago got "Toronto'ed". The tarps will be out tonight yet again.
  • Options
    PJChicago wrote:
    Well maybe "weak" wasn't the right word. I have seen a lot of PJ shows and i was caught up in the hype that I would see some old school songs or something a little more out of the norm. My big complaint was that they need to put "Betterman" and "Daughter" to rest for this tour. I was hoping to hear Why Go or Garden and especially MITS. i thought they could have subbed those in there somewhere. It was a great show, just not the setlist I was expecting. Is that a little better explanation?

Though I certainly wouldn't complain about not seeing Betterman or Daughter at a particular show, I'm against retiring songs, or putting them to rest for a whole tour.

Those are also some of the coolest moments of a show, when you're there, seeing the ENTIRE arena singing along. and not just we numbnuts near the front.