Options

Flu shot !

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Who here gets it , i just got mine weird thing though the Black guys i work with are all against it they say it's a conspiracy of some sort but none of them can tell me exactly what that cospiracy is :? you can refuse to get it but you as an employee of this hospital will be mandated to wear a mask at all times while working ....and they give me a sticker on my ID badge indentifying that i did get the shot ....
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Never got one in my 37 years of life.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    Never have and don't plan on getting one anytime soon.
    At most I may get one cold a year and it is less than a week to kick. Lucky w/my immune system.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    flu shot leads to alzheimer's
  • Options

Yeah that's fine what's the reason not to get one , i work in a hospital major trauma center in the middle of the tristate area here in NY I've gotten one every yr for the last 7 yrs plus i have two kids at home ....
  • Options

:lol::lol::lol: My mom never has gotten the Flu shot guess what she has Alzheimer's ...
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I don't remember getting Alzheimer's.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Yeah that's fine what's the reason not to get one , i work in a hospital major trauma center in the middle of the tristate area here in NY I've gotten one every yr for the last 7 yrs plus i have two kids at home ....
    Never really get sick. Maybe one or two small colds a year.

I can see getting one being in your situation.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Oh, you two :mrgreen:

jose, I've never had one - no plans to - but I can see how you might "be encouraged to" if working at a hospital (although from what I've heard, one can leave the hospital, or be stuck there, by contracting WAY more than the flu).
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

:lol::lol::lol: My mom never has gotten the Flu shot guess what she has Alzheimer's ...

Marijuana use counters the effect. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    "the government places miniscule tracking devices in these vaccinations. These tracking devices act as beacons for various satellites. In this way, similar to the technology found in controlling airplane traffic, the government knows where we are at all times"

http://www.conspiracy.itgo.com/custom.html

You've been warned :lol: :fp:
  • Options

Marijuana use counters the effect. :mrgreen:

:lol::lol::lol: Why didn't you tell me this before :lol::lol: i would of never gotten one :x wait my mom needs to smoke weed wait till i tell my dad to start lighting up with her :mrgreen:
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Oh, you two :mrgreen:

jose, I've never had one - no plans to - but I can see how you might "be encouraged to" if working at a hospital (although from what I've heard, one can leave the hospital, or be stuck there, by contracting WAY more than the flu).

True true , wash hands all day long i do :mrgreen:
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Who here gets it , i just got mine weird thing though the Black guys i work with are all against it they say it's a conspiracy of some sort but none of them can tell me exactly what that cospiracy is :? you can refuse to get it but you as an employee of this hospital will be mandated to wear a mask at all times while working ....and they give me a sticker on my ID badge indentifying that i did get the shot ....

I have the same situation with my work. We can decline but have to wear a mask whenever we are within six feet of a patient during peak season. They tell us when that is, usually from end jan/feb through April. I decline bc I don't feel it would ever be "natural" to contact the actual flu every year so asking the immune system to mount a response to it yearly is asking it to do something it wasn't meant to do. I also don't like all the additives and preservatives in it. Flu mist ( inhaled) is better in that department I believe. The mask is a hassle but I'm not taking the shot so I wear it. A lot of people take the shot bc they don't want to hassle even though they feel strongly against it. I think there are potential long term consequences to repeated (yearly) mass vaccination that we don't know yet bc the flu shot is pushed so much more heavily in recent years. I'm not interested in being a test subject. I've also seen the consequences of serious reactions to the vaccine and believe they are more common than we think bc they are often unreported as vaccine reactions or diagnosed as something else. Everybody has to do their own research and see what they are comfortable with though. I may take it when I'm older or if I ever have a weakened immune system for some other reason that would cause me to be in serious danger if I contracted the flu
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    I have crohns and my GI strongly reccomends I get one every year.
    I do get one every year. (The shot one, not the nose one.)
    I have gotten the flu 2 times in the past 4 years, despite getting the flu shot all 4 years... :fp:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options

I have the same situation with my work. We can decline but have to wear a mask whenever we are within six feet of a patient during peak season. They tell us when that is, usually from end jan/feb through April. I decline bc I don't feel it would ever be "natural" to contact the actual flu every year so asking the immune system to mount a response to it yearly is asking it to do something it wasn't meant to do. I also don't like all the additives and preservatives in it. Flu mist ( inhaled) is better in that department I believe. The mask is a hassle but I'm not taking the shot so I wear it. A lot of people take the shot bc they don't want to hassle even though they feel strongly against it. I think there are potential long term consequences to repeated (yearly) mass vaccination that we don't know yet bc the flu shot is pushed so much more heavily in recent years. I'm not interested in being a test subject. I've also seen the consequences of serious reactions to the vaccine and believe they are more common than we think bc they are often unreported as vaccine reactions or diagnosed as something else. Everybody has to do their own research and see what they are comfortable with though. I may take it when I'm older or if I ever have a weakened immune system for some other reason that would cause me to be in serious danger if I contracted the flu

Yeah i hear you , what i can tell you i got the Flu probable 8yrs ago
    since then gotten the shot every yr haven't even had a cold since nothing nada ..
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I get one every year. The jobs I've had always involve working with the public and meeting LOTS of people. So I wash my hands a lot too. Basic infection control. :D

I never used to get a shot but several years ago I had the worst case of the flu I'd ever had. I was so sick that for a couple of days I was wishing I'd just go ahead and die. Since then I always get a shot and have only had a couple of mild cases.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options

They've probably been watch The X-Files, where small pox vaccines were all part of the giant alien/government conspiracy to catalog the entire human race.

I never go out seeking a flu shot, but if I ever go to the doctor during flu season he'll give me one.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    FrankieG wrote:
    I have crohns and my GI strongly recommends I get one every year.

I'm in the same boat, I take an immune suppressant, so I juice up with my flu-shot in late October every year. Been lucky...only been sick with allergies and a few minor sore throats, but nothing flu-like.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    frig a bunch of the flu shot

what grinds my gears is when you go by your local supermarket & a flu shot team is present injecting people at the end of the check-out lanes area where they have a little work station for giving flu shots. wtf?

i saw this in westport, wa every year when i lived out there. fuck that, fuck them & fuck that again & them

this isn't even as professional as the blood drive people at the library or in their van/bus

i remember seeing on the news one year that a lady all on her own was injecting who knows what into people as she was claiming to be a nurse from the clinic sent to wherever it was to give flu shots.

nobody will ever fire me up but my dr.s & their nurses & the needle staff fuckers who extract blood for testing

in my opinion (and it is a great one) if you are getting your groceries, condoms, wine & triple A batteries pack & you say to yourself, "frig it, i'm getting my flu shot after they scan my cherry garcia ice cream & ham & cheese loaf"

i'm a hole
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    I got one for the first time this year. I have to admit I've been fit as a fiddle. What pisses me off is when people bring their flu infested children to the park or shopping centres! :evil: My little one's dance class is a good example. Every Saturday, one kid is sick and dripping goo and she is pushed into the group with my little chicken. They have to hold hands sometimes and I try to coax Dahlia to hold hands with the child furthest away. :lol: Take your bloody kid home!!! He/she is sick!!!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I've never gotten one and don't plan to get one anytime soon.
  • Options
    sparky_fry wrote:
    "the government places miniscule tracking devices in these vaccinations. These tracking devices act as beacons for various satellites. In this way, similar to the technology found in controlling airplane traffic, the government knows where we are at all times"

http://www.conspiracy.itgo.com/custom.html

You've been warned :lol: :fp:
    oh good...I can bore them to death :lol:

my tracking would go something like this:
    she's shoe shopping
    still at work
    more shoes
    sleeping
    seriously - more shoes?
    Fuck - how many feet does this chick have?
    back at work
    and now she's sleeping

:fp:

I'm planning on getting it this year because we're trying to have a baby. I've had the flu twice in the past few years without getting the flu shot (one time was the swine flu caught from some germy PJ fans at the Philly shows in 2009 :twisted: ). Now that I'm no longer working in a health clinic I hope I will stay a lot healthier. College students are germy little critters. :fp: It always amazes me that people will come in for session, sit 3 feet away from me and tell me they have strep throat, the flu, etc. Thanks :roll:

I'm a little leery though. My mom has had some really weird side effects like having her whole body itch, even though she's supposedly not allergic to any of the ingredients :shock:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I'm in the same position. Mandatory every year here though.
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    I have gotten one very year for about 14 years now, I'm a Type 1 Diabetic. I used to get colds multiple times a year and the flu fairly often. Since I've been getting the shot I rarely even get colds, I think everyone should get it.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

only the black guys?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    StevieG wrote:
    I have gotten one very year for about 14 years now, I'm a Type 1 Diabetic. I used to get colds multiple times a year and the flu fairly often. Since I've been getting the shot I rarely even get colds, I think everyone should get it.

I can't get it, allergic to eggs, however, I depend on everyone else getting it so that I'm not exposed. Read up on the history of pandemic flu and some of you naysayers may change your minds.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    StevieG wrote:

I can't get it, allergic to eggs, however, I depend on everyone else getting it so that I'm not exposed. Read up on the history of pandemic flu and some of you naysayers may change your minds.
    We have to do a class on this every year! The statistics get scarier and scarier every year do far!
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

I really hope you're just joking
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    StevieG wrote:

http://blogs.nature.com/news/2012/11/fd ... ccine.html
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    StevieG wrote:

http://blogs.nature.com/news/2012/11/fd ... ccine.html

Thank you. I'll have to follow up on that with my doctor.

Funny thing is,here at work, I'm the one in charge of scheduling everyone for our flu clinics. :lol: