Options

Long Road. For my Grandpa.

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
edited August 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    That was awesome. Brought a tear to my eye. Sorry for your loss.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    About a half an hour ago- for no reason other than it just popped into my head, I put on the Touring Band 2000 DVD to watch "Long Road". I was thinking about my Pop who turned 92 this year and wondering how much longer I have him here on this plain. And then come here and see this touching thread.

Well done, SomethingCreative, and truly sorry for your loss. Wishing you well and hoping the the memories are good ones.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Very sorry for your loss mate, what a lovely dedication. Although i still have my Granddad, he lives on the other side of the world and only lost his wife ( a truly amazing Nan) not long ago after 60 years. This made me think of him and write him another letter. I know he can't write back anymore but it's important for him to know that we are thinking of him. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    Thanks for the kind words guys. We've been sorting out his things and keep learning more and more about him. Its been a little bittersweet because he was even more of an incredible man than I thought he was... he was so damn modest he never talked about some of the amazing things he did and saw. Its inspired me to start extensively researching my ancestors... its helped a lot.

thanks again
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    well done, man. i love that song & it helped me when my Dad passed away. great job.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com