Options

Toronto 2.....can't even talk about it

nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
well maybe a little bit.......Move it to where ever this thead belongs.....OK ..I'm not going through 10-- pgs of shit...........night 2 blows the fuck outta night one. I loved hearing the new shit on tuesday but tonight was FUCKING AWESOME. I have been to maybe 8 shows so far ( all in the GTA area) but tonight fuckin rocked....The sound kinda sucked ( I was in sec 109 mikes side)........mike's solo's were hard to hear...but it was a total 180 from last night

Best show I have ever.seen * edit * check the set list
Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beetlebeetle Posts: 39
    amazing setlist..as if i wasn't counting down to hartford this saturday already!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

8-23-00,8-24-00,4-30-03,7-08-03,7-09-03,7-11-03,9-28-04,9-29-04,10-1-04,5-13-06,5-27-06,6-01-06,6-03-06
  • Options
    beetle wrote:
    amazing setlist..as if i wasn't counting down to hartford this saturday already!!!

it was just awesome.... don't get me wrong...I liked everything about night 1 but they just went off tonight................eddie falling off the speaker was kool and he made us say Happy b-day to the alice n chains drummer. *edit* + State of love and trust....says it all
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    + 19 songs before the first Encore...WTF!!!!
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Now THAT is a fucking setlist!!!!

Now don't all accuse me of being a moaner, I know I'm lucky to have seen Pearl Jam at all, but the Astoria setlist really doesn't compare to something like that. I wish the Dublin show wasn't the day before I go to Reading, I would have been there like a shot, but I'm leaving early on the thursday for Reading so time wise wouldn't be able to make it.

Ok rant over, that really is an impressive setlist, I might just have to download that one.
  • Options
    Ok rant over, that really is an impressive setlist, quote]

It really is!!! I was expecting night 2 to play all the new songs again which would be fine but they totally changed it up. The "beast of burden" Tag at the end of YL was kool!!!
  • Options
    That is one hell of a good set list. State of Love and Trust, Rearviewmirror AND Coruduroy AND Alive and... well fricking everything.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    nuzpaper wrote:
    well maybe a little bit.......Move it to where ever this thead belongs.....OK ..I'm not going through 10-- pgs of shit...........night 2 blows the fuck outta night one. I loved hearing the new shit on tuesday but tonight was FUCKING AWESOME. I have been to maybe 8 shows so far ( all in the GTA area) but tonight fuckin rocked....The sound kinda sucked ( I was in sec 109 mikes side)........mike's solo's were hard to hear...but it was a total 180 from last night

Best show I have ever.seen * edit * check the set list
    HAHAHA I LOVE THIS REVIEW OF YOURS!!!! :D ITS GREAT TO SEE SOMEONE NOT COMPLAINING!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK - your marker in the sand!! thats immense, you legend!!!
    'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
  • Options
    LikeaStone wrote:

Wow that is awesome. 'Sharkbait, woo ha ha.'
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    LikeaStone wrote:

HAHAHAHA MARKER IN THE SAND YES. LEGEND...NO!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    Wow that is awesome. 'Sharkbait, woo ha ha.'

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THAT WAS WAHHHHHSOME!!! :D I DO THAT CHANT AND DANCE WITH MY NEPHEW ON A DAILY BASIS!!! :D NOTHIN' LIKE THE INITIATION!!!! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    HAHAHAHA MARKER IN THE SAND YES. LEGEND...NO!!! :D

sign my new post, i reckon your gold medal potential!! if i ever reach marker in the sand my life will feel complete ha ha

• Options
    LikeaStone wrote:
    sign my new post, i reckon your gold medal potential!! if i ever reach marker in the sand my life will feel complete ha ha
    I CHOOSE NOT TO POST IN THERE. THE THREAD WILL GET LOCKED OR DELETED SOON BECUZ ITS BRINGING "ATTENTION" TO ONE PERSON AND THATS "NOT ALLOWED". ANNNNND, TO ALOT OF PEOPLE HERE, POST COUNT DOESNT MATTER. WHATEVER. ITS ALL IN FUN!!! :D SPEAKING OF FUN, WERE U AT THE SHOW TONITE IN TORONTO? NEVERMIND. I JUST SAW YOUR FLOWCATION!!!!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    I CHOOSE NOT TO POST IN THERE. THE THREAD WILL GET LOCKED OR DELETED SOON BECUZ ITS BRINGING "ATTENTION" TO ONE PERSON AND THATS "NOT ALLOWED". ANNNNND, TO ALOT OF PEOPLE HERE, POST COUNT DOESNT MATTER. WHATEVER. ITS ALL IN FUN!!! :D SPEAKING OF FUN, WERE U AT THE SHOW TONITE IN TORONTO? NEVERMIND. I JUST SAW YOUR FLOWCATION!!!!

well, you got gold medal!!! :-) No i didnt make Toronto, thats a proper pearl jam mission!! Im going to see them in Reading, my home town, in August and the Flowing by eurostar to Paris with my best mate for the Sept 11th gig!! gunna be special. Pearl Jam in my home town in the UK?? WTF cant wait!! only gotta walk 1/2 hour and im at the gig! my dream now is to get VIP pass and meet the guys

• Options
    LikeaStone wrote:
    well, you got gold medal!!! :-) No i didnt make Toronto, thats a proper pearl jam mission!! Im going to see them in Reading, my home town, in August and the Flowing by eurostar to Paris with my best mate for the Sept 11th gig!! gunna be special. Pearl Jam in my home town in the UK?? WTF cant wait!! only gotta walk 1/2 hour and im at the gig! my dream now is to get VIP pass and meet the guys

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! WILL THIS BE YOUR FIRST PEARL JAM SHOW? IM SO EXXXCITED FOR YOU!!!! :D IM DOING THE ITALY SHOWS BUT AM THINKING OF DOING THE PARIS SHOWS FIRST. AND LET ME JUST TELL YOU SOMTHIN'........DREAM HUGE, THEY COME TRUE YA KNOW!!!! I MEAN IT!!!

• Options
    O_G_DO_G_D Toronto Posts: 541
    still on a high from last night. best show out of the 12 that i have seen. whoaaaa is all i can say. got to try and catch them again on this tour. all this talk about this being there last tour and the band bidding farewell is really bumming me out. what the hell was that about eddie saying he's got a secret and then singing cinnamon girl. i thought for sure neil was coming out later in the night. oh well. just fucking incredible show. blown away i am.
    1. Toronto, Ontario 09-21-1996 (MAPLE LEAF GARDENS)
    2. Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 (MOLSON PARK)
    3. Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    4. Toronto, Ontario 06-28-2003 (MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE)
    5. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    6. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    7. Hamilton, Ontario 09-13-2005 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    8. Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    9. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-24-2005 (MILE ONE)
    10. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-25-2005 (MILE ONE)
    11. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    12. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    13. Sydney, Australia 11-07-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    14. Sydney, Australia 11-08-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    15. Melbourne, Australia 11-13-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    16. Melbourne, Australia 11-14-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    17. Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    18. Adelaide, Australia 11-22-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    19. Perth, Australia 11-25-2006 (SUBIACO OVAL)
    20. New York, New York 06-24-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    21. New York, New York 06-25-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    22. Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009 (MOLSON AMPITHEATRE)
    23. Buffalo, New York 05-10-2010 (HSBC ARENA)
    24. Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    25. Toronto, Ontario 09-12-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    26. Hamilton, Ontario 09-15-2011 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    27. London, Ontario 07-16-2013 (BUDWEISER GARDENS)
    28. Buffalo, New York 10-12-2013 (FIRST NIAGARA CENTER) FORMERLY HSBC ARENA
    29. Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014 (JOE LOUIS ARENA)
    30. Ottawa, Ontario 5-8-2016 (CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE)
    31. Toronto, Ontario 5-10-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    32. Toronto, Ontario 5-12-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)

• Options
    No second!! Saw them back in 2000 at wembley, its been a while! and to miss out on Astoria gig was soul distroying!! the joy when i got my Reading ticket and Paris tickets was amazing!! shame there arent more UK dates :-( oh well its still amazing!!! did you go last night?? cant wait to d.load the boots!!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    OH MY GOODNESS!!!! WILL THIS BE YOUR FIRST PEARL JAM SHOW? IM SO EXXXCITED FOR YOU!!!! :D IM DOING THE ITALY SHOWS BUT AM THINKING OF DOING THE PARIS SHOWS FIRST. AND LET ME JUST TELL YOU SOMTHIN'........DREAM HUGE, THEY COME TRUE YA KNOW!!!! I MEAN IT!!!

No second!! Saw them back in 2000 at wembley, its been a while! and to miss out on Astoria gig was soul distroying!! the joy when i got my Reading ticket and Paris tickets was amazing!! shame there arent more UK dates :-( oh well its still amazing!!! did you go last night?? cant wait to d.load the boots!!

• Options
    O_G_D wrote:
    still on a high from last night. best show out of the 12 that i have seen. whoaaaa is all i can say. got to try and catch them again on this tour. all this talk about this being there last tour and the band bidding farewell is really bumming me out. what the hell was that about eddie saying he's got a secret and then singing cinnamon girl. i thought for sure neil was coming out later in the night. oh well. just fucking incredible show. blown away i am.
    LAST TOUR??!!! WHAT THE DEVIL??!!! :eek: THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!!! :eek: GLADD U ENJOYED THE SHOW THOUGH. IT SEEMED LIKETHEE PLACE TO BE!!!! :D

• Options
    LikeaStone wrote:

HEY YOU NEVER KNOW, THEY MAY GET CRAZY AND JUST DO AN ALL EUROPE TOUR NEXXXT YEAR WITH PLENNNNNTY OF SHOWS YOU CAN ATTEND!!!! THINK POSITIVE!!! :D

I WAS NOT AT THE SHOW LAST NIGHT. I WAS SUPPOST TO FLOW OUT THERE BUT DECIDED AGAINST IT. CHICAGO NEXXXT WEEK THOUGH. AFTER THAT SETLIST, I AM LOOKING FLOWARD TO CHICAGO MUCH MORE!!!! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    HEY YOU NEVER KNOW, THEY MAY GET CRAZY AND JUST DO AN ALL EUROPE TOUR NEXXXT YEAR WITH PLENNNNNTY OF SHOWS YOU CAN ATTEND!!!! THINK POSITIVE!!! :D

I WAS NOT AT THE SHOW LAST NIGHT. I WAS SUPPOST TO FLOW OUT THERE BUT DECIDED AGAINST IT. CHICAGO NEXXXT WEEK THOUGH. AFTER THAT SETLIST, I AM LOOKING FLOWARD TO CHICAGO MUCH MORE!!!! :D

Chicago - WOW!!! I would love to go to Chicago, never been to America!! You're gunna love it!! Im totally excited about Pearl Jam closing Reading Festival/Carling Weekend, its the biggest event of the summer in the UK this year by far and for PJ to close it is going to be astonishing! shame i gotta put up with Slayer and Placebo before they come out though!

I gotta a great video you would love from Jools Holland when the guys played a few weeks back with the master ripping out alive solo behind his head

• Options
    LikeaStone wrote:
    I gotta a great video you would love from Jools Holland when the guys played a few weeks back with the master ripping out alive solo behind his head

ARE YOU TEASING ME???!!!! :eek: THAT JUST AINT COOL MAN!!!!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ARE YOU TEASING ME???!!!! :eek: THAT JUST AINT COOL MAN!!!!

No seriously! there was a thread that posted the link to download it! i got it on video but also downloaded for the pc, good quality vid i will try and find you the link - hold on!

• Options
    LikeaStone wrote:
    No seriously! there was a thread that posted the link to download it! i got it on video but also downloaded for the pc, good quality vid i will try and find you the link - hold on!

First of all download this - http://download.divx.com/divx/DivXPlay.exe

Then download the file - http://www.sendspace.com/file/07jfgu

Hope it works!! and thanks again to duggro

• Options
    O_G_DO_G_D Toronto Posts: 541
    SENROCK! wrote:
    LAST TOUR??!!! WHAT THE DEVIL??!!! :eek: THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!!! :eek: GLADD U ENJOYED THE SHOW THOUGH. IT SEEMED LIKETHEE PLACE TO BE!!!! :D

Air Canada Centre, Toronto - May 9, 2006

Pearl Jam as good as it gets

By SHERRI WOOD - Toronto Sun

TORONTO - If you were at Pearl Jam's 2006 world tour kick-off show last night at the Air Canada Centre, consider yourself lucky.

Not only was it possibly one of the band's final Toronto performances (they play a second show tonight but have said this may be their last tour), but it may very well go down in history as one of the greatest live performances to ever hit this city.

Even though there are no other Canadian dates on the tour, it was clear the group has a particular fondness for Canada.

"This is the first night of our tour," said vocalist/guitarist Eddie Vedder. "It seems like this side of the border is a safe place to start."

The Seattle quintet -- rounded out by guitarist Stone Gossard, drummer Matt Cameron, guitarist Mike McCready and bassist Jeff Ament -- are touring in support of their eighth studio album, released last week and simply called Pearl Jam.

They've said they rehearsed more for this tour than any other. And it showed.

Awash in multicoloured lights and smoke, the band flawlessly delivered an audible lesson of their 15-year history.

Songs from their epic 1991 debut, Ten, including Even Flow and Garden, were, not surprisingly, the best received.

Even the new songs, including their latest single, World Wide Suicide, were performed with an energy that was fierce and raw and so deeply reminiscent of the early '90s Pearl Jam that we all fell in love with in the first place.

Shaggy and unassuming in their signature jeans-and-T-shirt uniforms, the band had no trouble at all getting the crowd -- a traditional lighter-in-the-air (and not cellphones) rock fan set -- to sing along.

The highlight of the night came during a tradition for Toronto Pearl Jam dates -- the awe-inspiring, chill-inducing Better Man sing-a-long, with the sold-out crowd's Daughter accompaniment coming a close second.

And of course, Pearl Jam have never been ones to disappoint during the encores.

Last night's included crowd favourites Do The Evolution, Jeremy and Alive as well as a ballad from the new album, Come Back.

It's a remarkable ability, they have, to make their encore sets feel special, impromptu and genuine -- not at all like the standard contrived and obligatory encore offerings concert-goers have become so accustomed to.

Swigging from his trademark bottle of wine, Vedder, always the everyman, took the opportunity to further befriend the crowd.

"So, where are you guys going after this?" he asked. "'Cause I feel like having a drink."

In standard Pearl Jam style, they capped the show with a request for the house lights to go on, a rugged cover of Neil Young's Rockin' In The Free World and an energetic Yellow Ledbetter.

If the impeccable musicianship, hypnotizing stage performance and utterly engaging audience interaction for this show didn't move you enough, the notoriously philanthropic band gave us even more to feel good about.

They've decided to donate one dollar from every ticket sold to a local charity in each city they play -- and that money will come directly out of their own pockets for the Toronto dates. Last night's show will benefit the White Ribbon Campaign, a renowned anti-violence-against-women group. Tonight, the guys will dish out for Sketch -- a non-profit initiative that engages homeless youth in the arts.

And if you can still get a ticket tonight, I highly recommend you do.

If night one was a 4 and half star then whats night two?

And alot of articles and interviews of the band (like this one) seem to be pointing towards that day we all dread coming. The end or long break of PJ. Mike has been quoted many times as saying that he does'nt intend to be like Keith Richards and keep on rocking into old age.
    1. Toronto, Ontario 09-21-1996 (MAPLE LEAF GARDENS)
    2. Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 (MOLSON PARK)
    3. Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    4. Toronto, Ontario 06-28-2003 (MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE)
    5. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    6. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    7. Hamilton, Ontario 09-13-2005 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    8. Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    9. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-24-2005 (MILE ONE)
    10. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-25-2005 (MILE ONE)
    11. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    12. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    13. Sydney, Australia 11-07-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    14. Sydney, Australia 11-08-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    15. Melbourne, Australia 11-13-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    16. Melbourne, Australia 11-14-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    17. Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    18. Adelaide, Australia 11-22-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    19. Perth, Australia 11-25-2006 (SUBIACO OVAL)
    20. New York, New York 06-24-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    21. New York, New York 06-25-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    22. Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009 (MOLSON AMPITHEATRE)
    23. Buffalo, New York 05-10-2010 (HSBC ARENA)
    24. Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    25. Toronto, Ontario 09-12-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    26. Hamilton, Ontario 09-15-2011 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    27. London, Ontario 07-16-2013 (BUDWEISER GARDENS)
    28. Buffalo, New York 10-12-2013 (FIRST NIAGARA CENTER) FORMERLY HSBC ARENA
    29. Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014 (JOE LOUIS ARENA)
    30. Ottawa, Ontario 5-8-2016 (CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE)
    31. Toronto, Ontario 5-10-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    32. Toronto, Ontario 5-12-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)

• Options
    QubeQube Posts: 44
    i'd take that set any night. wow
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    My god that set list is incredible.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    they pretty much blew my eardrum in my right ear, but it was totally worth it!
    crazy mary, I got shit, indifference, state of love and trust......pretty much everything I've been screaming for them to play for the last 3 years!!! It was awsome, couldn't sleep last night, and it was the first show that really gave me shivers!
  • Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    that was so so amazing.
  • Options
    StoneyGirlStoneyGirl Posts: 4
    Yes, I have to concur with the masses. Last night kicked the fuck out of the first night, and was the BEST of the 8 shows I've seen since 1993. Even Vedder said it, "last night was the first night in our latest tour. But this night FEELS like the first night!"
    What's so funny about Peace Peace Peace?