Options

how about once doing a raffle.

justjoshingujustjoshingu Posts: 538
edited December 2007 in The Porch
just once.
i dont know the logistics of it.
i just know i can't afford auctions. really really cool stuff goes for really really high prices. i know that they raise money for charity, but i believe so do raffles. i would purchase a raffle ticket for 5 bucks, to have a chance to win a guitar. i bet some people on here would spend 30 bucks.

i know raffles just won't happen, but it would be nice to think i could get something out of my price range.

edit. i would like to add, i'm not bitching that we get cool stuff. i'm not complaining about "oh the band doesnt like me" . I am merely wondering if they've thought of it and what would be the logistics of it.
mean people suck!
but nice people sw****w

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    just once.
    i dont know the logistics of it.
    i just know i can't afford auctions. really really cool stuff goes for really really high prices. i know that they raise money for charity, but i believe so do raffles. i would purchase a raffle ticket for 5 bucks, to have a chance to win a guitar. i bet some people on here would spend 30 bucks.

i know raffles just won't happen, but it would be nice to think i could get something out of my price range.

edit. i would like to add, i'm not bitching that we get cool stuff. i'm not complaining about "oh the band doesnt like me" . I am merely wondering if they've thought of it and what would be the logistics of it.

i agree with you. more people would participate in a raffle and people like me (a poor college student) actually have a chance to win something really cool!
  • Options
    the problem with raffles is that in my country ( not sure others) raffles have different laws etc for each state and you would need to fulfill all the different laws to prevent the MAN coming down on you.
    I just sold a surfboard signed by ED and if I could have I would have raffled it so ANY PUNTER has the chance to own it. But in the END an EBAY auction was the easiest way
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    y'know now that you mention it, i do remember a raffle once being held for charity, and the commision on bingo or something like that came down on them. apparently raffles and bingo people are pretty powerful. i just thought maybe the ten club knew what forms they would have to fill out.

maybe a raffle in each state :)

i'll donate something.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w