Options

Pearl Jam Back Stage Riders

buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
edited April 2013 in The Porch

Along with "2 bottles of fine Italian red wine," Pearl Jam's 2008 tour rider specifies that the band only be served Ethos water (Starbucks owns the brand and contributes a portion of each purchase price to humanitarian water programs worldwide). Eddie Vedder & Co. also enjoy creamy Jif peanut butter, miniature Dove chocolates, Peet's coffee, and a nice magazine assortment. The group also requires "4 cartons Epsom salt," but does not further describe the "medical purposes" for which it is needed. (3 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstage/ ... arl-jam-08

We don't know what's more troubling: The prospect that Eddie Vedder is blending smoothies in Pearl Jam's dressing room, or that his concert rage might actually be powered by sugary Snickers and Mars bars. Though it is nice to see that the guys offset the effect of those carrots and beets with some Marlboros. (6 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstage/ ... arl-jam-03
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jasonjason Posts: 468
    Interesting!

Alot more normal things than Lady Gaga asking for a mannequin with pink pubic hair.

O' to be a rock star!!!
  • Options
    jason wrote:
    Interesting!

Alot more normal things than Lady Gaga asking for a mannequin with pink pubic hair.

Really? :wtf:
  • Options
    TBibbyTBibby Posts: 393
    buck502000 wrote:

Along with "2 bottles of fine Italian red wine," Pearl Jam's 2008 tour rider specifies that the band only be served Ethos water (Starbucks owns the brand and contributes a portion of each purchase price to humanitarian water programs worldwide). Eddie Vedder & Co. also enjoy creamy Jif peanut butter, miniature Dove chocolates, Peet's coffee, and a nice magazine assortment. The group also requires "4 cartons Epsom salt," but does not further describe the "medical purposes" for which it is needed. (3 pages)

Aha!!! I knew my boys knew their beer! 1 case of Stella Artois! Why the fuck they ask for horse piss Heineken, god knows! :lol:
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I'd ask for new underwear and a pair of socks every night.

Get off stage, throw off the old one and put on the new one and you are good to go.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    fine wine?

$20-$40? :shock:

Oxymoron?

Perhaps a 'decent wine...' :D
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    TBibby wrote:
    buck502000 wrote:

Aha!!! I knew my boys knew their beer! 1 case of Stella Artois! Why the fuck they ask for horse piss Heineken, god knows! :lol:

So they drink all the Stella and serve us Faithful Ale!

:fp:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    TBibbyTBibby Posts: 393
    TBibby wrote:
    buck502000 wrote:

so they drink all the Stella and serve us Faithful Ale!

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    "No 35mm still cameras with detachable lenses will be allowed in the venue"

yeah...I think that rider is quite old. :lol:

I do like Foo Fighters' rider:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... der-872903
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    I always liked the story of the classic Van Halen tour rider, which is the granddaddy of rider stories. They specifically asked, at the end of the rider, for a bowl of M&Ms--with all the brown ones removed--to be on the coffee table in the dressing room at every tour stop. It's often cited as the height of rock star excess and egomania (making some poor assistant hand-pick candy for them), but it served a practical purpose.

The band was playing so many arena and stadium venues that had little concert experience that they ran the risk of poor stage construction, safety and security measures. The M&Ms were a quick way for them to make sure the venue had gone through all of their siginificant, serious requests--if the brown M&Ms were gone, you knew they'd read all the rider and could count on them to have done everything you asked. If the M&Ms weren't right, you knew it was time for the tour manager to start asking serious questions and get people moving on all the safety issues.
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Creamy Jif. :thumbup: I knew these guys had their shit straight.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    From 2003: "THERE IS TO BE NO SALES OF GLOW LIGHT STYLE MERCHANDISE AT A PEARL JAM SHOW".
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    No beer on stage right side please. Must be for Mikes sobriety. Also noted that they dont want any alcohol in the artists dressing rooms.

Pretty standard really. Nothing like that hack J Lo and her ridiculous rider.
    mqdefault.jpg
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    Mango wrote:
    From 2003: "THERE IS TO BE NO SALES OF GLOW LIGHT STYLE MERCHANDISE AT A PEARL JAM SHOW".

Hahaha. No glow sticks!

I didn't know there were still selling Polaroid film in 2008.
    I also didn't know rock stars (both PJ AND Foo!) loved SOLO cups so much. What am I missing in my life???
  • Options
    green_girl wrote:
    Mango wrote:

Hahaha. No glow sticks!

I didn't know there were still selling Polaroid film in 2008.
    I also didn't know rock stars (both PJ AND Foo!) loved SOLO cups so much. What am I missing in my life???

It sounds silly but I am sure they had some idiot get them crappy paper cups in the past. I didnt see anything that was ridiculous. Did notice their taste in wine went up though. 15-20 dollars to 20-40 dollars per bottle.
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    TBibby wrote:
    buck502000 wrote:

So they drink all the Stella and serve us Faithful Ale!

There are similarities between Stella and Faithful... both are milquetoast garbage...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    JB128716 wrote:

Get off stage, throw off the old one and put on the new one and you are good to go.
    If I ever hit it rich, I'm buying 365 pairs of socks and underwear.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    JB128716 wrote:

If I ever hit it rich, I'm buying 365 pairs of socks and underwear.

Lol, socks for sure. Just bought some new socks. Nothing quite like wearing a fresh pair of socks. :D

The Rage Against the Machine Rider required socks and underwear.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Would love to see a 2013/2014 rider