Pearl Jam - 25-09-2009 - Vancouver BC, Canada!!!!!!!

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
edited March 2013 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on
Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C

Comments

  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
    almost perfect, except I would of replaced Johnny Guitar with Dirty Frank, now that would of made it perfect, but I am weird like that
    :lol:
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
    apparently nobody has any opinion on this show?????????????????
    there are times I feel like a moron in here and this is one of those times, it would at least be cool if people who went to the shows would share their experiences, if it is too much to ask, don't worry, won't ask anymore, I like hearing other fans stories about the shows, not everybody can go to every show and some of us like to hear others share their stories, but I realize that is a lot to ask
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New JerseyPosts: 4,523
    :wave: hi hank! Sadly I haven't been to a show since 1998 so can't give any feedback :wink: I just have to continue to live through your you tube suggestions. This is next on my must watch list. Thx for posting. :wave:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE...6/19/95 Red Rocks...9/11/98 MSG...11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa...2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1 and 2, Hartford
  • julieferjuliefer Posts: 279
    I was at this show! When you posted this video I passed the link on to two co-workers (I started sending them daily PJ trivia emails last week-- everyone does this kind of thing... don't they?) and when I got home today I watched a bit here and there. My memories of shows are blurring together a little, but just watching YL at the end of this video brought back a whole bunch of stuff!
    I had row 6 centre for this show (you can see me during Better Man when the camera pans out, I'm the red blur in the middle of the crowd on the floor.) During YL Ed makes earmuff gestures and starts handing a pick into the crowd; that was for a little girl sitting in front of us. Her mom wrote a great post about it afterward on here. Then later he passed his zippo out to the crowd where everyone was pointing down to a guy in the 3rd or 4th row. He's paralyzed, so even though he had great seats, he probably couldn't see all of the show from sitting, but he got an awesome souvenir. Then right near the end before Mike's solo, restlesssoul throws Ed a hankerchief that he puts in his pocket. Ed passes him a pick.
    All of that stuff I'd forgotten about until watching about 10 minutes of the video... Thanks for posting!!
  • Thank you for posting this link.

    My best concert experience ever ... 12th row, Mike's side. Lifetime memory ... I just don't have the words.

    Thank you.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • RB90590RB90590 Posts: 78
    haven't been going to shows like i used to, but this was a fun one.

    few things that really stick out in my mind....

    in my tree opening the show
    no way (saw it in seattle too, but really liked it this night)
    first encore was great too

    here is a link for a 2-cam of a couple songs from the show...
    http://youtu.be/5k32jSKD9Gg
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
    juliefer" said:
    I was at this show! When you posted this video I passed the link on to two co-workers (I started sending them daily PJ trivia emails last week-- everyone does this kind of thing... don't they?) and when I got home today I watched a bit here and there. My memories of shows are blurring together a little, but just watching YL at the end of this video brought back a whole bunch of stuff!
    I had row 6 centre for this show (you can see me during Better Man when the camera pans out, I'm the red blur in the middle of the crowd on the floor.) During YL Ed makes earmuff gestures and starts handing a pick into the crowd; that was for a little girl sitting in front of us. Her mom wrote a great post about it afterward on here. Then later he passed his zippo out to the crowd where everyone was pointing down to a guy in the 3rd or 4th row. He's paralyzed, so even though he had great seats, he probably couldn't see all of the show from sitting, but he got an awesome souvenir. Then right near the end before Mike's solo, restlesssoul throws Ed a hankerchief that he puts in his pocket. Ed passes him a pick.
    All of that stuff I'd forgotten about until watching about 10 minutes of the video... Thanks for posting!!
    thank you, those stories really make it more than a concert for me, and it helps bring flooding back my own memories at the concerts I was lucky enough to go to, thanks for sharing those stories
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
    RB90590" said:
    haven't been going to shows like i used to, but this was a fun one.

    few things that really stick out in my mind....

    in my tree opening the show
    no way (saw it in seattle too, but really liked it this night)
    first encore was great too

    here is a link for a 2-cam of a couple songs from the show...
    http://youtu.be/5k32jSKD9Gg
    thanks :corn:
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
    giventofly69" said:
    Thank you for posting this link.

    My best concert experience ever ... 12th row, Mike's side. Lifetime memory ... I just don't have the words.

    Thank you.
    thanks, I can't believe this show hasn't gotten more love, Eddie turning around and singing 360 degrees through many of the songs is epic, and the whole band really was top of their games, can only imagine what it was like to of been there
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
    thanks guys for the love, here is some love back

    Pearl Jam - 1998-07-22 Memorial Stadium, Seattle 2

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joYq-u1H9cM

    PEARL JAM // Key Arena Seattle (11/6/2000)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fHqUMUNt3k
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • I was 5th row on Mike's side for this show in BC. Even walked away with Jeff's pick and a contact high!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
    candleofthought" said:
    I was 5th row on Mike's side for this show in BC. Even walked away with Jeff's pick and a contact high!
    :D a contact high in Vancouver, that never happens :lol:
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
    Big Bank Hank" said:
    thanks guys for the love, here is some love back

    Pearl Jam - 1998-07-22 Memorial Stadium, Seattle 2

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joYq-u1H9cM

    PEARL JAM // Key Arena Seattle (11/6/2000)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fHqUMUNt3k
    these are two great shows
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MIPosts: 520
    I recently ordered the Backspacer CD from this site, and popped it into my computer upon arrival. I was just going to play the songs, but to my suprise, a program popped up with a few options, most of which are no longer available (additional artwork for the album, etc.), but what was available were 2 free bootleg downloads. There were about 10 to choose from, so I went with the second night in Philadelphia (Halloween 2009), and this show.

    So it was just by chance that I have listened to this show in the past 2 weeks, and I would agree that it is a great show.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
  • Best PJ show I've been to.

    Forgot about the Ben Harper encore appearance!

    * Earlier in the week... I drove down to Seattle (6 hours from the interior of BC), ate Mexican food and drank beers and margaritas, rocked out to PJ in Seattle, and then drove back home (6 hours), got my ass into bed, got my ass out of bed, and then went to work- adrenaline still oozing from me!

    Slept well the next night!

    Good times. Great times actually!!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • julieferjuliefer Posts: 279
    Thirty Bills Unpaid" said:
    Best PJ show I've been to.

    Forgot about the Ben Harper encore appearance!

    I'd forgotten about Ben Harper too! I'm sure he's great and all, but I guess that shows how much of an impression that left on us...

    I'm pretty sure at the pre-party for this show I said to restlesssoul "I don't know how they could top that Seattle show" and he said "Unfortunately, I don't think they can" ... but they did!! Not to mention my seats in Seattle were not nearly as good (it's a huge benefit for Vancouver 10C members when there's a Seattle show prior to ours).
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
    sticking with a northwestern theme, all great fucking shows by the way

    Pearl Jam 09.14.1996 Seattle, Washington
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05lAC6nR3TY

    Pearl Jam Boise Idaho 2000 full show audio
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ2NmakP3l0

    Pearl Jam Portland Oregon 07.20.2006 full concert audio
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8cJ_ozdc6g
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • ZodZod Posts: 2,056
    I regretted not seeing this show. I'm from Victoria so I've seen all the arena/gorge shows in Seattle/Vancouver since about 98. I had moved to Edmonton in 06 but drove back for the gorge shows, then back out for the 09 seattle shows.

    As I'd been living in Edmonton I had too book flights for the seattle shows and time off work. By the time they announced the Vancouver show it was too late to change the plans. (or not easily).

    Then they played one my really big must sees which is Breath. I was bummed out for a few days after seeing the setlist. I get Crown of Thorns how many times in Pacific Northwest shows but the one time they breath I couldn't make it.. d'oh :)
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 5,029
    Zod" said:
    I regretted not seeing this show. I'm from Victoria so I've seen all the arena/gorge shows in Seattle/Vancouver since about 98. I had moved to Edmonton in 06 but drove back for the gorge shows, then back out for the 09 seattle shows.

    As I'd been living in Edmonton I had too book flights for the seattle shows and time off work. By the time they announced the Vancouver show it was too late to change the plans. (or not easily).

    Then they played one my really big must sees which is Breath. I was bummed out for a few days after seeing the setlist. I get Crown of Thorns how many times in Pacific Northwest shows but the one time they breath I couldn't make it.. d'oh :)
    that is one show I would of loved to of been to, the whole band was really on all night, here is a trip down memory lane for you as well

    Pearl Jam Gorge 07.23.2006
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZQ95UuKt8Q&list=PLK6GLx6mijaV9UFffHWR5j8qrGx1tg017
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
Sign In or Register to comment.