the broadcasts 1992

edited February 2013 in The Porch
anyone know much about this i just picked it up on vinyl its a double 180gram coloured vinyl apparently limited edition (500) i suspect this could be false. I have seen one other version of this (different cover).mine has Eddie leaning up against Jeff. Is this a popular release does it have much value or is it likely to appriecate in value
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,780
    edited February 2013
    Still haven't got mine, and I ordered it back in april? Who knows?

    Bump


    Oh, I paid 40 bucks for it, so that would be my value ..
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
    image
  • landolando Posts: 627
    I got mine, was supposed to be coloured, was black instead. Still sounds good though
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • ZodZod Posts: 2,062
    I think mine's white. I don't think its worth too much (just standard retail price). I bought mine from a UK website that claimed to have access to a limited run of 500, then soundstagedirect.com in the US also got a pressing of 500 in a different color. So I think its had a few runs in different colors and doesn't seem to be too hard to get.

    I thought the packing was pretty well done for a pseudo-bootleg (I saw pseudo, because it's technically not an illegal boot. It was legal to sell in Eurpope as someone had some kind of rights to the live recordings.... not PJ authorized, but was release legally under Euro law)
  • lando" said:
    I got mine, was supposed to be coloured, was black instead. Still sounds good though
    Same exact thing happened to me. Told the seller and he sent me 10 club stickers to make up for it.
    Manchester II - 6/21/12 / Philadelphia - 9/2/12 / Brooklyn I - 10/18/13 / Brooklyn II - !0/19/13
  • demetriosdemetrios CanadaPosts: 31,093
    simonster80" said:
    anyone know much about this i just picked it up on vinyl its a double 180gram coloured vinyl apparently limited edition (500) i suspect this could be false. I have seen one other version of this (different cover).mine has Eddie leaning up against Jeff. Is this a popular release does it have much value or is it likely to appriecate in value
    Yep! viewtopic.php?f=4&t=186489 + viewtopic.php?f=4&t=186488

    There's the white one's .. that were first sold over @ http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/
    http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/57719.htm

    Then http://www.soundstagedirect.com/pearl-j ... ords.shtml .. who I believe sold red copies?

    The vinyl cover is .. image

    The CD cover is .. image

    Nothing special about this release ...
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,780
    169 of 500
    LETV045L..

    I suppose they were limited?
    image
  • WHAT broadcasts were there from 1992?
    This is pre monkey wrench/self pollution.
    ???
    - the powers that be left me here to do the thinkin’
  • MangoMango Sydney via Dublin, IrelandPosts: 1,049
    Its not official so I don't bother with them. Absolute nonsense that its limited. If they could sell 1000 they would. If they could sell 5000 they would.
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • demetriosdemetrios CanadaPosts: 31,093
    DriftingByTheStorm" said:
    WHAT broadcasts were there from 1992?
    This is pre monkey wrench/self pollution.
    ???
    1. Release 4.30
    2. Improv. (You Tell Me)/Even Flow 6.01
    3. Once 3.26
    4. State Of Love And Trust 3.43
    5. Alive 6.26
    6. Black 5.12
    7. Deep 4.20
    8. Jeremy 5.02
    9. Why Go 3.25
    10. Porch 7.05
    11. Garden 6.12
    Tracks 1-11 Cabaret Metro, Chicago, 28.3.1992 Q101 FM Broadcast

    12. Alive 4.42
    13. Porch 3.49
    Tracks 12-13 Saturday Night Live 11.4.1992

    14. Jeremy 4.51
    Track 14 MTV Awards, Pauley Pavilion, Los Angeles, 9.9.1992

    15. State Of Love And Trust 3.38
    16. Baba O’Riley 3.55
    Tracks 15-16 Singles Premiere, Park Plaza Hotel, Los Angeles, 9.10.1992
  • pretextpretext Posts: 1,165
    Bought it on a mistaken, vinyl nut impulse.

    They just put FM recordings on vinyl, not mastered for vinyl or anything. You can find these on mp3 elsewhere.

    Wouldn't spend the money if you're thinking of it, especially with shipping.
    Of course, if someone really NEEDS it and wants to buy mine, I'd give you a good deal below original cost! I have the white version What sold. #091 out of ?? What's lame about the numbering is it's on a sticker stuck on the bag, not imprinted on the album sleeve itself.
  • pretext" said:
    Bought it on a mistaken, vinyl nut impulse.

    They just put FM recordings on vinyl, not mastered for vinyl or anything. You can find these on mp3 elsewhere.

    Wouldn't spend the money if you're thinking of it, especially with shipping.
    Of course, if someone really NEEDS it and wants to buy mine, I'd give you a good deal below original cost! I have the white version What sold. #091 out of ?? What's lame about the numbering is it's on a sticker stuck on the bag, not imprinted on the album sleeve itself.
    I bought this a couple days ago (hence starting this Thread) it to was an impulse buy i paid "A LOT" for it :fp: so I took it back today after some research on this item, first time ive returned a pj item. The guy gave me a store credit told me i was stupid for bringing it back he tried to convince it is "rare" and will be worth a couple hundred $$$$ in a few years.
  • i've got tons of pj live on vinyl. sure, its available elsewhere and ive got it on cd, flac, shn and what have you... but i just love me my pj vinyl :)

    There are a ton of pj boots floating around on vinyl

    5alive
    eddie sings the blues
    the first coming
    melbourne 98
    Zurich 1992
    melkweg, amsterdam 02/15/92
    self pollution radio
    monkeywrench radio
    chicago 92
    a footstep in paradise (various live tracks from early on)
    live at soldier field

    and now berlin 2012!

    i even saw a mad season moore theater 95 lp on ebay.

    i love just having all of this on vinyl

    i woulda hung onto it if i were you
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • MangoMango Sydney via Dublin, IrelandPosts: 1,049
    simonster80" said:
    I bought this a couple days ago (hence starting this Thread) it to was an impulse buy i paid "A LOT" for it :fp: so I took it back today after some research on this item, first time ive returned a pj item. The guy gave me a store credit told me i was stupid for bringing it back he tried to convince it is "rare" and will be worth a couple hundred $$$$ in a few years.
    It won't be worth anything, anytime. Each to their own but I personally have no interest in bootleg items. If you are ever in doubt about an item check for it here: http://www.pjcollectors.com/

    That is the official list of all PJ items we know of. Any questions shoot me a PM.

    As a matter of interest did you buy it in Brissy? Where abouts?
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Mango" said:
    [quote="simonster80"]I bought this a couple days ago (hence starting this Thread) it to was an impulse buy i paid "A LOT" for it :fp: so I took it back today after some research on this item, first time ive returned a pj item. The guy gave me a store credit told me i was stupid for bringing it back he tried to convince it is "rare" and will be worth a couple hundred $$$$ in a few years.
    It won't be worth anything, anytime. Each to their own but I personally have no interest in bootleg items. If you are ever in doubt about an item check for it here: http://www.pjcollectors.com/

    That is the official list of all PJ items we know of. Any questions shoot me a PM.

    As a matter of interest did you buy it in Brissy? Where abouts?[/quote]

    yeah brissy a place called "record exchange" in adelaide st in the city. they have a lot of gear, records and memoribilla etc. limited on pj and related items
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,780
    Mango" said:
    [quote="simonster80"]I bought this a couple days ago (hence starting this Thread) it to was an impulse buy i paid "A LOT" for it :fp: so I took it back today after some research on this item, first time ive returned a pj item. The guy gave me a store credit told me i was stupid for bringing it back he tried to convince it is "rare" and will be worth a couple hundred $$$$ in a few years.
    It won't be worth anything, anytime. Each to their own but I personally have no interest in bootleg items. If you are ever in doubt about an item check for it here: http://www.pjcollectors.com/

    That is the official list of all PJ items we know of. Any questions shoot me a PM.

    As a matter of interest did you buy it in Brissy? Where abouts?[/quote]


    Have your own..
    Boots always interest me. The one from Lubbock, Tx, I was lucky to get last month, and I just bought the Deluna fest 2012 from the club. Live Broadcasts are my favorite. :?
    image
  • MangoMango Sydney via Dublin, IrelandPosts: 1,049
    Yea that's what I'm saying: some love them, some don't. Just for me they don't hold any interest.
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • demetriosdemetrios CanadaPosts: 31,093
    jimbojones1138" said:
    and now berlin 2012!

    i even saw a mad season moore theater 95 lp on ebay.
    What color Berlin did you get?

    The Mad Season vinyl bootleg went for 150 bucks! :shock:
    demetrios" said:
    image

    image
  • demetrios" said:
    [quote="jimbojones1138"]and now berlin 2012!

    i even saw a mad season moore theater 95 lp on ebay.
    What color Berlin did you get?

    The Mad Season vinyl bootleg went for 150 bucks! :shock:
    demetrios" said:
    image

    image
    [/quote]

    red. i actually havnt gotten it yet, hopefully within the next few weeks. I love the boots on vinyl... at least 2-3 are released/yr. Im hoping for an atlanta 94 at some point
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
Sign In or Register to comment.