Options

Reasons why YOU think the 1995 tour was amazing..

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I also think Mike went to another level during this tour.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888

Agreed. I think ed sounded the worst. His voice was shot during the November shows.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

I would also agree with that. At this stage he took his sound from the smaller sized venues to the super-arena-rock level and he was deliverin' the goods. Good point.

And off topic, I thought Stone looked boss with his bleached-blonde hair-do that year B-)
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Listen to this - http://youtu.be/c1Ji69G3Jnw
  • Options
    Neil Jam! I've never looked for a good bootleg before.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Listened to Sam Jose today....just wow. The energy of the crowd and band is amazing.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited December 2014
    It produced the first bootleg I ever heard (Soldier Field). Paid $50 for it and worth every penny. I'm very lucky that Pearl Jam's Ten was the first CD I ever bought (sometime in 1995) and I was 100% devoted from that moment.
  • Options

It produced the first bootleg I ever heard (Soldier Field). Paid $50 for it and worth every penny. I'm very lucky that Pearl Jam's Ten was the first CD I ever bought (sometime in 1995) and I was 100% devoted from that moment.

this bootleg is fantastic. blood is sick from this show.
  • Options
    I don't think Ed's voice sounded bad this tour. Gritty & clearly a man on the edge!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061

I don't think Ed's voice sounded bad this tour. Gritty & clearly a man on the edge!

I loved his voice in 95'. Gritty is an understatement. He was clearly leaving it all out there every single night. This to me was the beginning of what the band has become live today. Long shows, unexpected setlists, ENERGY, Mike on fire every show. I'll say this again too...Jack Irons. Soldier Field still to this day is maybe the best concert I've ever attended. So many other great shows from this tour also. Melbourne, Red Rocks, Moore, etc. An AMAZING tour for sure!
  • Options

I loved his voice in 95'. Gritty is an understatement. He was clearly leaving it all out there every single night. This to me was the beginning of what the band has become live today. Long shows, unexpected setlists, ENERGY, Mike on fire every show. I'll say this again too...Jack Irons. Soldier Field still to this day is maybe the best concert I've ever attended. So many other great shows from this tour also. Melbourne, Red Rocks, Moore, etc. An AMAZING tour for sure!
    Well said! Love hearing what you guys and gals are saying : )
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    I went to my first PJ concert Mar 11th 1995
    Eastern Creek Raceway in Sydney
    Ed came out before the support band
    wearing a wig & hoodie. He sang throw your arms around me by Hunters & Collectors
    A lot of people didn't even pay any attention, I had an argument with guys around us who were trying to tell us he was a roadie!
    Awesome concert, my first big one. I went and bought steel cap boots from the army disposal so my feet wouldn't get squashed in the mosh. I left totally buzzed and covered in mud.

Setlist

Last Exit
    Animal
    Spin the Black Circle
    Even Flow
    Corduroy
    Not For You
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Go
    Jeremy
    Why Go
    State of Love and Trust
    Daughter / Hey Hey, My My
    Whipping
    I Got Shit
    Rearviewmirror / Jam
    Alive
    Blood
    Black
    Satan's Bed
    Improv
    Better Man
    Immortality
    Porch
    Indifference
    Rockin' in the Free World
  • Options
    Just listened to soldier field again....95 ruled
  • Options

Mike's playing in 95-96....damn...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited April 2015
    I wish they'd release a 1995 show as a vault show. Like the ones featured in the unreleased 1995 movie and PJ20.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

I wish they'd release a 1995 show as a vault show. Like the ones featured in the unreleased 1995 movie and PJ20.

YES. Would love a Vitalogy-No Code era vault release!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

Yes please!
  • Options
    Needing a classic Jack Irons show here 10c...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061

Yes! On vinyl please. I haven't had any luck getting ahold of the Soldier Field vinyl. Would love a vinyl release of a Jack Irons show!!
  • Options

Yes! On vinyl please. I haven't had any luck getting ahold of the Soldier Field vinyl. Would love a vinyl release of a Jack Irons show!!
    Was the SF set (the original) mixed by BOB or any PJ producer? Or just a fancy vinyl copy of the MW broadcast?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Just watched Red Rocks again. Fuck!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Staying up in the dark to listen to the Triple J broadcast from Melbourne Park Tennis Centre, then winning a copy from Triple J. An amazing show and an amazing night and I wasn't even there.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    Ty said:

Staying up in the dark to listen to the Triple J broadcast from Melbourne Park Tennis Centre, then winning a copy from Triple J. An amazing show and an amazing night and I wasn't even there.

Just listened to half the show this morning. So damn good.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Jack Jack Jack....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wish I could say, but I was stuck in a bumfuck central Florida college town with no money or transportation.

"That's OK. I still got my guitar."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    My 2nd and 3rd shows, Milw 1 & 2.
    Night one, first time I ordered and used 10c seats. Lots of emotion. They cancel, than back on!! Great nights.

If they do release anything from '95 from the vault, I strongly vote for the Asian leg. The shows I've heard are outstanding. Great vibe. Ed sounds much better than later in the year.
  • Options
    Jack, Jack, Jack...
    Release a 1995 show!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    That DC 95' show....so good! Jack sounds like he's playing for his life!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Jack, Jack, Jack....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Next vault show, please make it a 1995 show!!
    www.cluthelee.com