Edgar+Winter.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Yeah! Happy Birthday!!! :D
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    I got him a 6 month pass to a tanning salon.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    tumblr_m4yaphxpAz1r75ky4_1338574599_cover.jpg
  • Options
    Funniest story from grade school has to do with Johnny Winter (I know it's not Edgar, but you're going to want to hear this) -

So, in 5th grade, I do a student poll for Kidsday (Long Islanders might recognize this it's a Kids page from our local newspaper - Newsday). I don't remember all the choices, but it was favorite musician/band -

The Who
    Billy Joel (winner, of course, it was LI in the early 80's)
    Eric Clapton
    The Beatles
    Johnny Winter.

So, the 2 "clown" girls in the grade vote for Johnny Winter. The teacher goes - no - you can't vote for Johnny Winter unless you know his hair color (why the hell did she choose this instead of unless you know the name of 1 song by him?). Well, of course they guess white. Teacher looks at me and says - that's not right. I say, "Umm.. Yes, it is." So, 2 votes for Johnny Winter!!!!

I think that's funnier to me now than it was 30 years ago.

Happy B'day Edgar
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :D
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    DS1119 wrote:
    tumblr_m4yaphxpAz1r75ky4_1338574599_cover.jpg

that was my first thought
    HFBD
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Funniest story from grade school has to do with Johnny Winter (I know it's not Edgar, but you're going to want to hear this) -

So, in 5th grade, I do a student poll for Kidsday (Long Islanders might recognize this it's a Kids page from our local newspaper - Newsday). I don't remember all the choices, but it was favorite musician/band -

The Who
    Billy Joel (winner, of course, it was LI in the early 80's)
    Eric Clapton
    The Beatles
    Johnny Winter.

So, the 2 "clown" girls in the grade vote for Johnny Winter. The teacher goes - no - you can't vote for Johnny Winter unless you know his hair color (why the hell did she choose this instead of unless you know the name of 1 song by him?). Well, of course they guess white. Teacher looks at me and says - that's not right. I say, "Umm.. Yes, it is." So, 2 votes for Johnny Winter!!!!

I think that's funnier to me now than it was 30 years ago.

Happy B'day Edgar
    I have school-related Johnny Winter story too.

In 1970 I was going to see Johnny Winter at a local venue and I was super excited about it. My parents didn't usually let me go to concerts and this was on a school night no less. But I was going there with my older sister's boyfriend (my sister didn't want to go!) and my parents liked him a lot, so they must have figured it was OK.

I was telling everybody about it at school and I'm pretty sure most of the other kids had no idea who I was talking about. Somebody made a joke about me in their English class and the teacher asked who Johnny Winter was. They told him they didn't know but to ask me since I thought he was such a big deal. I had English the next period so before class started, my teacher asked me, "Who's Johnny Winter?" I said, "He's a blues guitarist." So then he asked, "Is he black?" I said, "No, he's an albino." Everybody laughed and the teacher thought I was being a smart ass. So my status as a Johnny Winter fan didn't earn me any points.

And Edgar was playing piano in Johnny's band that night! So happy birthday, Edgar!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
This discussion has been closed.