Options

Babies and Bedtime

HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So my grandson is 1 1/2 and my daughter has not been good about setting a bedtime. So after prodding from myself and consulting her Dr. she decided to put him down at a set time and let him cry. Last night they put him down and he cried for about 15 minutes and went to sleep. Meanwhile a neighbor in the apartment complex calls the police to report a crying baby. The police show up and are understanding about the situation.

My question is who the fuck called the cops? I would be at their door right now if I knew. I mean seriously I've had my kids cry longer than that. There is no reason for the neighbors to even expect any wrong doing. Half the problem is my grandson is coddled too much if anything.

Had to vent. My daughter is trying to do the right thing and now she's made to feel like she's abusing him or something.
#FHP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Horos wrote:
    So my grandson is 1 1/2 and my daughter has not been good about setting a bedtime. So after prodding from myself and consulting her Dr. she decided to put him down at a set time and let him cry. Last night they put him down and he cried for about 15 minutes and went to sleep. Meanwhile a neighbor in the apartment complex calls the police to report a crying baby. The police show up and are understanding about the situation.

My question is who the fuck called the cops? I would be at their door right now if I knew. I mean seriously I've had my kids cry longer than that. There is no reason for the neighbors to even expect any wrong doing. Half the problem is my grandson is coddled too much if anything.

Had to vent. My daughter is trying to do the right thing and now she's made to feel like she's abusing him or something.
    I would beat the fucking piss out of that neighbor of yours.

Piece of shit.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    And as I beat the neighbor, I would be singing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtb3EtjEic

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

:lol::lol:

Probably this one for me....
    http://youtu.be/5-2VszpHHY0
    #FHP
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Horos wrote:

That is a bit over the top... the neighbor perhaps should have walked over first
    and spoke with your family. Bright side though maybe a caring person thinking a child in trouble.

When my boy was that age we got the kitchen timer out. He would set the timer for bedtime
    and when it went off he went to bed. It worked well, no negotiations, he chose the time.
    Bedtime was a ritual which I think is important. Bath, bedtime story, the whole family
    winding down. It's no fun to leave the party. I would always say what my Mama would say
    from the bottom of the stairs at night, almost a lifetime ago...
    'tomorrow is another day' those little words held so much promise, I still feel this way.
    My kids when times are troubled rely on it too.

Enjoy your wonderful relationship Grandpa, you are a lucky one as is your Grandson
    to have you! :D
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    What. The. Actual. Fuck...

Neighbor is an overly sensitive asswipe... Let the kid keep crying every night until kid can sooth itself to sleep on its own. It's the best way.

Next time the cops show up, hand them earmuffs and ask to give them to the complainer as you're already dealing with a difficult situation that doesn't need to be exacerbated by a motherfucking asshole who ought to mind his own goddamn business.

If complainer doesn't like it, perhaps complainer would move to a house in the middle of nowhere.

Dick.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    djklambake wrote:

Neighbor is an overly sensitive asswipe... Let the kid keep crying every night until kid can sooth itself to sleep on its own. It's the best way.

Next time the cops show up, hand them earmuffs and ask to give them to the complainer as you're already dealing with a difficult situation that doesn't need to be exacerbated by a motherfucking asshole who ought to mind his own goddamn business.

If complainer doesn't like it, perhaps complainer would move to a house in the middle of nowhere.

Dick.

Kids are going to cry, scream, and throw tantrums A LOT and sometimes for no reason. I have a three your old and and hell just lay on the ground screaming at the top of his lungs when he's cranky. I can't imagine what their neighbors will do when your grandson hits the "terrible 2s".
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Get a recording of a baby crying and let that fucker blare all day long. :lol:
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Better Dan wrote:
    djklambake wrote:

Dick.

Kids are going to cry, scream, and throw tantrums A LOT and sometimes for no reason. I have a three your old and and hell just lay on the ground screaming at the top of his lungs when he's cranky. I can't imagine what their neighbors will do when your grandson hits the "terrible 2s".

If you find out who the neighbor is, I'll loan you my megaphone to direct at his abode.

:mrgreen:
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    wtf...who did that..they are fuckin idiots
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    wow.....

nice neighbors :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    15 minutes!?? :lol:

Some people really just need to chill.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    If there's anything I've learnt after having our little one it's that no baby is the same and what works for one baby won't necessarily work for another. I hope your daughter doesn't let this get her down, they do eventually get into a routine, bad news is they usually change that routine......plenty of times. :lol: little monkeys! Your neighbour sounds a little too paranoid, even though they may have thought they were doing the right thing, they should have popped their head in rather than call the cops.
    Best of luck for your daughter and grandchild. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    sheesh...imagine if the cop calling douche had neighbors on the other side of them that have a colicy baby which screams about 8-10 hours a day...

they'd probably call the cops to insist they send out the swat team
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Some people are just idiots.

When my kid was a baby and we were still renting, the couple below us, an older couple both on disability always home, complained about the sound of my kid crawling around our apartment. The woman actually asked me to prevent him from crawling or she was going to go to management and complain. I laughed and told her to go right ahead and talk to management. And this was daytime, he was in his crib at night. My wife told me that when I was at work if the kid was crawling they would pound their ceiling with a broom, so my wife would put on her high heel boots and stomp on the kitchen floor in reply. Thank God we bought a house and got out of that place.

Horos if you find out which d-bag called the cops about your crying grandson, I hope you get to have a nice "talk" with them.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    These days the news is full of horrid stories. Unimaginable things done to children.
    Perhaps it was a 'safe not sorry' reaction from the neighbor.
    At first, I as others, thought the neighbor should have stopped by and knocked.
    To be honest not knowing who or what was happening on the other side of the door
    I don't know if I would do that. People are afraid to get physically involved,
    I might be.

If I had never heard a neighbor's child cry like that, if this was new, different,
    my internal alarm may have gone off after hearing a baby cry hard for 15 minutes.
    I might think something had happened to it's guardian.
    I'm just going to give some understanding to the motives of the neighbor,
    they might not be jags, they might be concerned people.
  • Options
    Going to take the grandson to see Santa today. Hope he doesn't cry too much.
    #FHP
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Horos wrote:

I picture this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr5wo9FpPV7Q544dNjdP4SjEe_2xAHs1rbV0FQ5zH-c-Th_LND
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Well i can honestly say i don't miss those days at all , it has to be a close by neighbor and i bet they are single or if married with out kids that should dwindle it down for you ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    That is wild.
    I almost... ALMOST called once for a crying baby because literally it sounded like the kid was having it's blood slowly drained from it's body. The scream was like nothing i'd ever heard before.

I waited though and determined the kid was just pissed off about something and not in pain
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380

:lol::lol::lol: Just the image of this alone...hot shit...funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!

Those neighbors suck. I don't have kids and I'm not a fan of babies but I would never do that after only fifteen minutes!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Horos wrote:

I hope Santa doesn't scare him... both of my kids were scared :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    mikalina wrote:
    Horos wrote:

I hope Santa doesn't scare him... both of my kids were scared :)
    I was just putting out the Santa pics from 25 years ago
    a collection for 4 years of them....

the kids looked like ... "help me!" in most but by the time they were 4-5
    it was cool

Santa can be very scary to the little ones.

The pictures are wonderful keepsakes. :D