Options

My Review of Toronto Night 1

brainofcbrainofc Posts: 60
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Night started out great, I easily got a poster, which was one of the coolest ones I own. Thanks to a great 10clubber me and my buddy had 5th row floor right in front of sir Mike.

My morning jacket was a great opener, much better then sleater kinney was last year. Show opened with 3 new songs all sounded great and mike was on fire. Ive sat right in front of both mike and stone a few times now and mike plays off the crowd so much more. The man is great and really keeps you pumped during the show(not like thats very hard). Inside job was good live, but i think they still have some work to do to get that one perfect. The keyboard didnt kick in before ed starting singing like it does on the album. Why Go and Garden were great, and welcome additions to the set. After the first encore, mike came out and gave out a few signed pj posters to people seated in the first row, and at the end of the show stone threw out a ton of merch into the crowd (tons of hats tshirts sweaters...etc). Ed wasnt really drinking that much, he was drinking tons of tea instead of wine. He probably only finished about 10% of the bottle. The best concerts are usually the result of him finishing the entire bottle and then some

The only minor drawback to the show was it was a bit on the short side (just under 2:20 and was the shortest pj concert ive seen(this was my 9th show)). Also, they either played a new song or a classic song there was very few inbetween. Although they are crowd favorites i could do without jeremy, alive, evenflow, betterman, daughter...etc every night. But thats just a minor drawback again.

We had an awesome time and of the 8 shows ive been to so far ive been lucky enough to be in the first 5 rows for 6 of them, and hopefully tomorrow ill be in the same boat.

Overall it was a great experence and id give it a solid 8 out of 10.

Hopefully tomorrow they reach back and play a few more songs, cheers to the boys for a great night!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    great review man... thanks for letting me put in up on my site
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 535
    That is a great review. My ears are ringing, I've drank a few beers and started to watch Conan in Chicago (so similar to Conan in Toronto except they replaced GO LEAFS GO! with Mister T. ;)

OK it was the first night and some songs were not perfect. Who cares, I got to hear a great new album that has some great songs that sound greater live and I got to hear Garden and Present Tense. Throw in some Yield and I was more than happy.

Thanks Ten Club for 14th row, I had a big big guy in front of me but I could see around him and I kept thinking how lucky I still was :)

Mike once again makes it look easy.

See you tomorrow night!
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    Hey Torontonian, you wouldnt happen to have a 10C number in the 194xxx's would you :)

Anyways, I just got home. Some notes.

Yea, they missed a few parts of songs but hey, thats live music. My main problem was that the sound in the ACC was not that great. At least from where I was. Stone's guitar was almost inaudible in some spots and Boom was far too loud in some spots. The whole sound was fuzzy and distorted. Ed wasnt nearly loud enough or clear enough.

That said, I had a great time and am looking foreward to Cleveland.
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    either one of your guys want to contribute a story to my site?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    brainofcbrainofc Posts: 60
    bump 10char
  • Options
    jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
  • Options
    Kristy345Kristy345 Posts: 14
    brainofc wrote:
    The only minor drawback to the show was it was a bit on the short side (just under 2:20 and was the shortest pj concert ive seen(this was my 9th show)).

It sounded like his throat was really sore. He had a lot of trouble singing Come Back. He probably couldn't do many more songs and still do another show tonight.

It was great. I love hearing the new songs live. I'm so excited to go again tonight.
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Kristy345 wrote:
    It sounded like his throat was really sore. He had a lot of trouble singing Come Back. He probably couldn't do many more songs and still do another show tonight.

It was great. I love hearing the new songs live. I'm so excited to go again tonight.

Ahh, that is why they did not do Comatose.
  • Options
    GVN2FLY_MBGVN2FLY_MB Posts: 17
    Thanks for the review.

I was surprised by the review from this trashy, no good Toronto newspaper.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/P/Pearl_Jam/ConcertReviews/2006/05/10/1572251.html
    GIMLI 93, Minneapolis 98, East Troy (Ice Bowl)00, Chicago 00, Fargo 03, St. Paul 03, (Marriage 08/09/03), SASKATOON 05, WINNIPEG 05 (My hometown), THUNDER BAY 05, St. Paul 06 x2, Eddie Vedder - Minneapolis 11, WINNIPEG 11 (My hometown), SASKATOON 11