Options

Pearl Jam VH1 Storytellers now on YouTube thanks to Ten Club

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
edited November 2012 in The Porch
there were only two clips uploaded to YouTube I posted a plea in the Ten Club Form here to see if anyone had the full show and would be willing to upload it to YouTube so those of us who don't have it could enjoy it. this fellow member wasn't able to upload it, but he sent me a copy and I uploaded it today, please enjoy. Didn't mention the other member's name because I am not sure he wants me to, but if he responds here, I think he deserves the credit, anyway, please enjoy the video, should be watched full screen (may not be available for viewing on mobile devices due to it's length)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmpowoB43dc&feature=BFa&list=UL431XT9AlNYk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    Enjoy! :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Enjoy! :)
    thanks bud, now everyone has a chance to enjoy, you are the man
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    Sweet! I'll have to watch this sometime soon. I remember looking for this a while back on YouTube and being disappointed that I couldn't find it anywhere. I noticed at the last show I went to in Vancouver, that they played Unemployable followed by Present Tense. I think they've done this a few times, which is cool to think how two completely different songs are intertwined.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Thread title should read:
    "Pearl Jam VH1 Storytellers now on YouTube thanks to Awesome Ten Club Member"

:D
  • Options
    edited July 2012

yeah I totally agree Demetrios is The Man, but that wouldn't fit, lol
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

"Awesome" may be substituted with other appropriate words/phrases such as, "kick ass" or "obnoxiously generous"

You rock D! 8-)
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited July 2012
    Thank you very much, great job everyone...

Is ACL available? or any other? I got ACL and Backspacer short film, but don't have the technology, nor the knowledge to upload them...
    Post edited by javis el errante on
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Can you buy this as a DVD?
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    Can you buy this as a DVD?

There is no official DVD release of Pearl Jam's TV broadcast of VH1 Storytellers, that I know of. Doesn't the VH1 channel show reruns of their performance? There are many DVD copies out there from fan recordings from the TV broadcast. If you need a copy, you know who to contact, freebie style. ;)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Thank you very much for doing this. :thumbup:
    VH1 really should put this out on dvd.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Thanks for the up! This is way better quality than what I had.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,967
    Thanks for uploading this, 1st time I've seen it. Great quality video too.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Thanks for the up! This is way better quality than what I had.

Not my recording but it's from the source is ..

MHD - HDTV Transport Stream (1080i MPEG2, DD 5.1) > DGIndex > AVISynth > CCE > 16x9 DVD
  • Options
    Thanks for this! I've never seen the whole thing. I just posted it to my little video blog, thanks so much for sharing!

http://watchitgotofire.wordpress.com/20 ... lers-2006/
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Yippie!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    hopefully we can do this for more Pearl Jam stuff to help spread the PJ love
  • Options
    joannawilsonjoannawilson Posts: 341
    Very nice! Thanks!
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    ....aaaaand, the video has been blocked.
    I didnt get to finish watching it! Booooo!
  • Options
    I will re-upload it and name it Pearl Jam documentary, might take a few hours, will post new link
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    from what i can remember when i tried to post an EV song live i recorded on my phone...you have to not call it anything related to pearl jam etc. or it will be blocked. in fact Kat will probably lock this thread shortly... :corn:
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    from what i can remember when i tried to post an EV song live i recorded on my phone...you have to not call it anything related to pearl jam etc. or it will be blocked. in fact Kat will probably lock this thread shortly... :corn:
    that sucks because Pearl Jam makes nothing off of it, and it only helps promote the band, VH1 owns it and never airs it on TV
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Why won't it play on iPad as you mentioned because of length? I think I have it on tape somewhere, it is great show but would love to have this play on my iPad as I have an old boring TV set.
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    that sucks because Pearl Jam makes nothing off of it, and it only helps promote the band, VH1 owns it and never airs it on TV
    yes but they do the storytellers from current and 2 years ago one hit wonders all the time...which is one of many reasons why i never watch the channel...
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    Why won't it play on iPad as you mentioned because of length? I think I have it on tape somewhere, it is great show but would love to have this play on my iPad as I have an old boring TV set.
    yeah because it is too long, I will have to figure another game plan, it was not Pearl Jam it was the pricks at VH1 who flagged it, Pearl Jam doesn't do that sort of thing, I will create a second account and give it a name unrelated and then post the link here, then if youtube deletes that account, I don't care
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    marcos wrote:
    yeah because it is too long, I will have to figure another game plan, it was not Pearl Jam it was the pricks at VH1 who flagged it, Pearl Jam doesn't do that sort of thing, I will create a second account and give it a name unrelated and then post the link here, then if youtube deletes that account, I don't care

Thanks, but I may try to convert it to an Mp4 using a computer this weekend, I use the free Firefox one so far and things have been turning out as good as the quality, and then I'll have it right on my iPad without having to use an Internet connection. I just didn't know that length of a program determined whether it was playable on mobile devices, but I suppose yours is good quality as well.
  • Options
    It's funny this of all videos has been taken down but Pearl Jam's Twenty film has been uploaded "fully" many times on YouTube and those links are still active & haven't been taken down .. yet! :|
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    It's funny this of all videos has been taken down but Pearl Jam's Twenty film has been uploaded "fully" many times on YouTube and those links are still active & haven't been taken down .. yet! :|
    Pearl Jam doesn't take down video only uptight jerks like VH1 take down videos, one of the reasons Pearl Jam has gotten as big as they have is youtube and all the fan videos, it is free promotion for the band 24/7
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    I will re-upload it and name it Pearl Jam documentary, might take a few hours, will post new link

Thanks! You rock!
  • Options
    green_girl wrote:

Thanks! You rock!
    hey no worries, what good is having stuff if you can't share?
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    demetrios wrote:
    Pearl Jam doesn't take down video only uptight jerks like VH1 take down videos, one of the reasons Pearl Jam has gotten as big as they have is youtube and all the fan videos, it is free promotion for the band 24/7

They take EV solo shows down if they see them...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>