Options

Big Wreck (Canada's answer to Foo)

Malcolm-EdgeMalcolm-Edge Posts: 94
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I've been a fan for a few years of Ian Thornley and his band Big Wreck with Brian Doherty. They get heavy rotation up here in Canada, even though the signer is the only Canadian. They have a great radio rock sound to them, and his voice has often been compared to Cornell.

They have a new album out today and I find myself listening to it and thinking to myself "This is what I expected from Wasting Light, but never got" I dont mean to bash Foo, Im a fan of them. I just feel that for those who havent heard them, it gives you an idea what to expect.

Right now it will be hard for anyone to top Albatross this year. Soundgarden, no way. Pearl Jam, they have it in em.

Anyone else like these guys?

P.S. I searched for a thread first and didnt find one. My apologizes if there is one.

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    new album "Grace Street" comes out Feb 3 2017. Canadian tour underway starting Jan 25.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Got my tickets for Halifax. Saw them two years ago on the Ghosts tour, show was absolutely fantastic.
  • Options
    That Song still works for me after all these years.

But it's always better hearing it from some car across the street.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Saw them in concert last weekend. Another fantastic show, wow! Such a good band.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,976
    Love Big Wreck! I had the opportunity to see them in the late nineties. There weren't a lot of people there so the guys in the band came and hung out with us.

We had a few drinks and they were cool enough to sign autographs. I still have my ticket stub signed by the whole band.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,995

That Song still works for me after all these years.

But it's always better hearing it from some car across the street.

Nice...
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    wolves and albatross....man did i have that on repeat back in the day....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    before my pc crashed and I lost a good chunk of my digital music, I had a full album's worth of Ian Thornley solo demos he would put up on his myspace page. they were some of his best work. I think a few may have shown up on his solo album, but in a much more produced form. Man, I would love to hear those songs again.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    listening to Thornley now. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com