Options

Drop In The Park Download Issues

dudemandudeman Posts: 2,976
edited March 2012 in The Porch
I just tried to download the DITP MP3 using the code that came in the album sleeve.

After entering the code, (many times), an error message appears stating that the code is not valid. I know I'm entering the digits correctly.

Is there any way to contact someone about this? Does the code expire? I tried clicking on the "Help" button, but it just loads a blank page.

Thanks.
If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Search the posts, last week somebody posted about this and how they resolved it. Sorry I can't be more help but the answer is out there.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    I had the same issue. Just drop an email to the folks who handle the download (email address under "contact us") tell them your code doesn't work (I provided them with the invalid code) and they will send you a new one that will work
  • Options
    Thanks, guys.

I just sent them an e-mail.
  • Options
    Hmmm, I haven't heard anything back about this. For whatever reason, when I click on the "Contact Us" icon, it opens a Mail program on my Mac that won't allow me to set up an account. Also, there isn't an e-mail address listed, so I sent a message to myplaydigital from their main page. :?:

Maybe it didn't go to the right department? Would someone mind posting the e-mail address that I need to get this sorted out?

Thanks.
  • Options
    I didn't know it came with a download of the show...
    Where was the coupon for the download? In the LP jacket? I just checked and mine wasn't there. Damn!
  • Options
    Yeah, there is a coupon inside the album jacket but the code that's on it likely won't work. I haven't had any luck getting a response from them, either. I guess some people got theirs taken care of.

I'd still like to know what e-mail address the people used to get a new code.
  • Options
    hi there,

if you search the forum for the "Drop in the Park digital download site is back up" thread (sorry, can't figure out how to post the actual link), you'll see my tips on how to get this resolved. good luck!!
  • Options
    Thanks, forever orbiting.

I called the folks at the Ten Club and the woman on the phone said that the code likely expired when they quit selling the box set. She told me to send a e-mail to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> and they would reply with a standard response e-mail that might give me options. Waiting for a reply.

My attempts to contact myplaydigital and Sony have been unsuccessful so hopefully the 10 Club can help.
  • Options
    Still no reply from 10 Club or myplaydigital. Any other suggestions?

I would be willing to pay for a new code. Or a CD version of the show. I just want to be able to enjoy the music without putting miles on my vinyl copy.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,020
    You paid for the boxset.

Just dl the show from a torrent...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Please forgive my ignorance, but what does that mean? I have never downloaded music from online before, only bought CD's and LP's. Is there somewhere I can find DITP for download elsewhere?
  • Options
    Well, I got a reply from the 10 Club with contact info for <!-- e --><a href="mailto:support@myplaydigital.com">support@myplaydigital.com</a><!-- e -->. They issued me a new code and it worked. I'm shaking the floor and walls of my house with DITP right now. :mrgreen:

Thanks to everyone who posted useful information, and a bigger thanks to the great folks at the 10 Club. You guys are the real rock stars here!
  • Options
    If it doesn't work, you have authorization to torrent it.
    Go listen to John Frusciante right now!