Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Colts are underdogs at home against the Browns ... 

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    Jason P said:

i saw that and couldn't believe it.  I wonder when the last time the Browns were a road favorite.

is it me or are there more than usual really bad teams this year?  usually there are 1 or 2 horrid teams but this year seems like there are 4 or 5
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

i saw that and couldn't believe it.  I wonder when the last time the Browns were a road favorite.

is it me or are there more than usual really bad teams this year?  usually there are 1 or 2 horrid teams but this year seems like there are 4 or 5
    Since the QB's for Baltimore, Indy and Nola took big contracts they haven't been the same since...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Flacco's been pretty consistent at sucking before and after his contract.

Except in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Flacco's been pretty consistent at sucking before and after his contract.

Except in the playoffs.
    That's true and funny!
  • Options
    $53M (to date) for busted coverage

• Options
    And Ol' Stabby got another fucking ring out of that. :anguished:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Ugh, don't remind me.
    F Stabby

That flight home hurt...loaded with BMore fans and they were chanting their Seven Nation Army chant.
    I was rooting for the plane to hit the side of a mountain.  Figured my sacrifice would make the world a better place.
    (jk....but it was brutal, especially with how hungover I was.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Ugh, don't remind me.
    F Stabby

That flight home hurt...loaded with BMore fans and they were chanting their Seven Nation Army chant.
    I was rooting for the plane to hit the side of a mountain.  Figured my sacrifice would make the world a better place.
    I really, reeeeeeeeeeally hope I wake up one day to a story of someone slipping a white suit on his statue in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

Since the QB's for Baltimore, Indy and Nola took big contracts they haven't been the same since...
    The Colt just fired their used car salesman GM but are still coached by a man that actually called this play in a prime time game ...

Why would you even practice that play?  How does one keep his job calling that play?

Now Andrew Luck is broken.   

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Ugh, don't remind me.
    F Stabby

I really, reeeeeeeeeeally hope I wake up one day to a story of someone slipping a white suit on his statue in the middle of the night.
    That would be awesome
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

The Colt just fired their used car salesman GM but are still coached by a man that actually called this play in a prime time game ...

Why would you even practice that play?  How does one keep his job calling that play?

Now Andrew Luck is broken.   

Where's the fucking audible?!?  You can't read THAT defense?!?
  • Options
    The mayor of LA on the Chargers:

During a recent interview on “The Dan Patrick Show,” Garcetti was asked if L.A. might have been better off with just one team (the Rams) after going 22 years with no team at all.

“Absolutely, and I said that at the time,” Garcetti said. “Both the Raiders and the Chargers, it would have been nice if they could have stayed put where they are, because Oakland and San Diego have huge fan bases, there’s a big tradition.”

“We embrace any team that comes,” Garcetti said. “We’re certainly happy to have the Chargers in L.A., but I think we could have been happy with just the (Rams).”

And they can't sell out a 27,000 seat stadium.  Ram attendance sucks too.  Can't wait to see how the Raiders move does.

• Options
    They will sell out when the teams are good.  Just too much else to do there.  Having lived there for 20 years (and when the 2 teams left in 94 (?)) most people seemed perfectly happy to not have an NFL team.
    Trojans Football and occasionally fUCLA Football was plenty to keep them entertained.
    Going to NFL games is inconvenient. 
    We will see how the new barn builds out and what that does.  I love the Coli as much as most, but it is a hassle.
    Never been to Home Depot Center, still cannot believe the Chargers are playing there.
    They should change the name of the Chargers and just re-brand as a new LA team.  I doubt there are many Chargers fans making the drive up the 5/405 to check them out.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Jason P said:
    The mayor of LA on the Chargers:

During a recent interview on “The Dan Patrick Show,” Garcetti was asked if L.A. might have been better off with just one team (the Rams) after going 22 years with no team at all.

“Absolutely, and I said that at the time,” Garcetti said. “Both the Raiders and the Chargers, it would have been nice if they could have stayed put where they are, because Oakland and San Diego have huge fan bases, there’s a big tradition.”

“We embrace any team that comes,” Garcetti said. “We’re certainly happy to have the Chargers in L.A., but I think we could have been happy with just the (Rams).”

And they can't sell out a 27,000 seat stadium.  Ram attendance sucks too.  Can't wait to see how the Raiders move does.

The Chargers barely had a fan base in San Diego....not sure why the NFL thought they would have support in LA.  There were always more fans of the opposing team at Chargers games...I was there for a Bears game and it was at least 60% Bears fans.  Obviously the NFL will wait to see what happens with the new stadium, but it's hard to see LA supporting 2 teams for the long term.  It's amazing how incompetent the NFL is considering the money that they make.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
     Wait, the Raiders are moving back there too?

There's gonna be 3 teams in LA?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

No Vegas. And I'm curious to see how the Raiders do in Vegas. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

Oh yeah. That's right.  

Every game is going to be an away game with tourists.  I'll go for a Giants game.
  • Options
    What's with the NFL that they can't keep teams in a city for more than 10-20 years?  The other 3 US professional sports combined don't have teams move around as much as the NFL does.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    If the NFL really wants LA to be successful, move the Patriots. The only way we go to games is if it's a winner. Moving not one but two shitty franchises is the dumbest move ever. But that's the NFL y'all love. 
  • Options
    Vegas will be a novelty draw for a few years but I don't think it can support 70,000 seat stadium.  Investors in Vegas are probably watching the attendance woes for the Rams and Chargers and then realize they signed on with this guy ...

Doesn't help that it's a small market in the middle of nowhere and a majority of the citizens work on the weekends.  It's not like Green Bay where there are hundreds of nearby communities to fill the seats.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Oh yeah. That's right.  

Every game is going to be an away game with tourists.  I'll go for a Giants game.
    For sure.  I'll definitely go out there for a Bears game.  I was in Vegas a few months ago and saw the spot where it's going to be right off the strip near Mandalay Bay.  Should be pretty cool.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430

Oh yeah. That's right.  

I don't know, but it could be surprisingly a real Home game for the Raiders. Ther are a ton of Raiders fans from L.A. that i think will make that trip to Vegas. 
  • Options
    I was on more than one "Raiders Flight" to/from LA/OAK when I lived in LA and was working an office in Hayward.  

Rowdy shit.
  • Options
    norm said:
    If the NFL really wants LA to be successful, move the Patriots. The only way we go to games is if it's a winner. Moving not one but two shitty franchises is the dumbest move ever. But that's the NFL y'all love. 
    I went to Raider games at the coliseum in 84-86 and the only time that building was full was during a motocross or a USC game. 
  • Options
    norm said:
    I went to Raider games at the coliseum in 84-86 and the only time that building was full was during a motocross or a USC game. 
    The monster truck extravaganza packs 'em in!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/961a521b-d49e-4fb7-990e-df81d5839bd5

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891

Image may contain meme dog and text

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    brian hoyer.

give me a fucking break.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    i thought it was a college football game with those uniforms
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Leave it to the refs to fuck up the end of a surprisingly exciting game with a ticky tack offensive PI call.