Options

the ST.PAUL soundcheck......

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,803
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
was better than the cincy setlist......

hehehehehehehehehehe...........................

sad.....but true..........
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    was better than the cincy setlist......

hehehehehehehehehehe...........................

sad.....but true..........

Hell yeah it was. Throw in 2 more songs and the St. Paul setlist was better.

Edit: What a waste of great crowd in Cincy. A great chance for a killer make-up show.
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    im just excited they dusted off bushleaguer :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Hell yeah it was. Throw in 2 more songs and the St. Paul setlist was better.

Edit: What a waste of great crowd in Cincy. A great chance for a killer make-up show.

i couldn't agree more

the crowd was so ready for a kick ass show....
    it was obvious from the opening note of Long Road

i'm not quite sure what happened here to tell you the truth

i am still a little suprised and confused by the show we got

i am not complaining just more than a little suprised

by the looks of that soundcheck the west coast is in in for a treat
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    i couldn't agree more

the crowd was so ready for a kick ass show....
    it was obvious from the opening note of Long Road

i'm not quite sure what happened here to tell you the truth

i am still a little suprised and confused by the show we got

i am not complaining just more than a little suprised

by the looks of that soundcheck the west coast is in in for a treat

Surprised and confused is exactly the way I felt. I was really dumbfounded about how plain the set was with such an amazing crowd. You'd think Ed would have realized how great the crowd was and wrote some killer encores. Didn't happen. It's happened before though.
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    Surprised and confused is exactly the way I felt. I was really dumbfounded about how plain the set was with such an amazing crowd. You'd think Ed would have realized how great the crowd was and wrote some killer encores. Didn't happen. It's happened before though.

in my experience I think the greatest hits shows have better crowds.... even with the huge diehard following PJ has I bet 75% of the crowd doesn't know Down or Long Road but they all know Even Flow.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

well i think Ed was feeling no pain whatsoever by the time the encores rolled around so maybe that was a factor....who knows

and i would be lying if i said i wasn't a little disappointed by the show we got

though i do feel very fortunate to have been part of that pumped up crowd
    i am still suprised by the setlist....usually the band feeds off the crowds energy and your are right.....it just didn't happen here and i'm not sure why
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    well i think Ed was feeling no pain whatsoever by the time the encores rolled around so maybe that was a factor....who knows

and i would be lying if i said i wasn't a little disappointed by the show we got

though i do feel very fortunate to have been part of that pumped up crowd
    i am still suprised by the setlist....usually the band feeds off the crowds energy and your are right.....it just didn't happen here and i'm not sure why

Yeah, I thought Cleveland's crowd wasn't anything to write home about, and then the band comes out with a killer 2nd encore. Go figure.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,803
    one thing that baffles me.....

the setlists for the last 2 shows in GRAND RAPIDS....

i attended both these shows....

WTF did GRAND RAPIDS do to get these types of setlists??

the setlist from this years GRAND RAPIDS show is just mind boggling.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Yeah, it was hard for me to believe, but I enjoyed the Grand Rapids show in '04 more than the Toledo show with Neil. That's a 26 song set that has it! Kicking myself for not going to the '06 show, especially with what happened with the TC seating.
  • Options
    TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 473

Answer-
    I was at the last two Grand Rapids Shows!
    Envy me!
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    I'm not sure why everyone thought Cincy would get some amazing show. It stinks that you missed out in '03, but the Yield campaign was a little too much. I've been to Cincinnatti, and besides Skyline chili, it's nothing to write home about. Maybe if the band just doesn't enjoy it's time in a city, they don't go out of their way to play an amazing show?

Really, who do you guys think you are, Boston?
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    I'm not sure why everyone thought Cincy would get some amazing show. It stinks that you missed out in '03, but the Yield campaign was a little too much. I've been to Cincinnatti, and besides Skyline chili, it's nothing to write home about. Maybe if the band just doesn't enjoy it's time in a city, they don't go out of their way to play an amazing show?

Really, who do you guys think you are, Boston?

Boston? You're going to brag that you live in Boston? You all live in New York's shadow. You're nothing, which deep down inside is what all Boston folks realize. That's why you feel the need to brag about your city and pump yourselves up. The Boston complex.
  • Options
    Boston? You're going to brag that you live in Boston? You all live in New York's shadow. You're nothing, which deep down inside is what all Boston folks realize. That's why you feel the need to brag about your city and pump yourselves up. The Boston complex.
    Best Post in the history of message boards. The above,........Sad but true.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849

You are out of your fucking mind and way off base.

Boston is a great city with incredible culture. Something of which you have no understanding of.

If so many people talk about Boston then I highly doubt it's a complex. Perhaps it could be that Boston is just a fun city and you live in a shit hole!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    applenutapplenut Posts: 67
    momofglynn wrote:

Boston is a great city with incredible culture. Something of which you have no understanding of.

If so many people talk about Boston then I highly doubt it's a complex. Perhaps it could be that Boston is just a fun city and you live in a shit hole!

Boston is a shithole of assholes who cant Yankees Suck at Pearl Jam concerts and have still not come to the realization that goatees are not cool not oly now but ever.

A bunch of jackasses who never grew up.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Arg ... I hate these teaser soundchecks that are followed up by standard setlists. Ed's probably laughing to himself, too ... "Yeah, you guys thought you'd get All Those Yesterdays ... Damn, I love my job ..."
    :)
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    applenut wrote:
    Boston is a shithole of assholes who cant Yankees Suck at Pearl Jam concerts and have still not come to the realization that goatees are not cool not oly now but ever.

A bunch of jackasses who never grew up.

Never grew up? You just used the phrase "shithole of assholes"

July 11, 2003. That's all I have to say to anyone else who wants to talk shit about Boston on a Pearl Jam board.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    a8l wrote:
    in my experience I think the greatest hits shows have better crowds.... even with the huge diehard following PJ has I bet 75% of the crowd doesn't know Down or Long Road but they all know Even Flow.

It's true. I was at all three Boston shows in 2003 and undoubtedly, the loudest it got was for "Jeremy."

I don't care. I'd rather have a loud crowd for "Rats" than an insanely loud crowd for "Jeremy."
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    heather13heather13 Posts: 2
    Do you have the complete list of what PJ soundchecked? I was there for part of it and I heard: All Those Yesterdays, Rats, Love Boat Captain... What else did they check?
  • Options
    I am WAY cooler than both of you! I mean I am soo cool my mom even told me so! I live in Boston so I must be cooler than you. Pearl Jam played a song in Boston that they didn't play in your city so I am WAY cooler than you!
    (I don't really live in Boston read it sarcastically)

Seriously you guys sound like fuckin five year olds. I am tired of people thinking they are better than someone else since their city got a better show in your opinion. Especially people from Boston seem to think they are the Gods. Who the fuck cares!?
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    TexJamTexJam Posts: 31
    momofglynn wrote:

LOL...happy that somethings saves hate for other regions of the country besides the south.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    Never grew up? You just used the phrase "shithole of assholes"

July 11, 2003. That's all I have to say to anyone else who wants to talk shit about Boston on a Pearl Jam board.

I was there. Funny that I could have brought a couple thousand of my friends with and they would have gotten tickets too. How can you not sellout that show? I fucking drove 15 hours to get there at the last minute, but Boston can't fill it up?
  • Options
    momofglynn wrote:

I'm sure it has a great culture...blah, blah, blah. But you don't see people from Philly, New York, and Chicago trying to say they are the greatest Pearl Jam fans ever in life! You are a fanbase that shits all over themselves if Ed says something nice about you. You've got this complex where you have to prove that you are worthy. It's really pathetic. Maybe Ed likes you all because you are a bunch of liberals who couldn't manage to defeat what you all think is the most incompetent president in history. Pretty pathetic. You elitists getting beaten by a bunch southerners. It makes me smile. Cut and run! Cut and run!