Here's one for our friends in Philly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av7KJkiLYLI

This song gets me. End of that movie is killer. So real
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    hedonist said:

kce, big hug from here.

:hug: with the biggest smile!

Your Gail Ann Dorsey Video did lead me to another wonderful one...I didn't hear that song since years...thank you hedonist! :rose: For both....
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Keep the smile going. This is keeping mine in check...and there is nothing I can do :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvDvtgVG-xo
  • Options
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    edited July 2016
    They were the featured act with James Brown it was going to be my first concert in 1973 in Boston at a festival in I think it was Harvard Stadium. However, a riot broke out and the concert was cancelled. It wasn't till the summer of 1978 that I saw my first concert anyway this was one of the tunes I wanted to hear back in 73'........

http://youtu.be/L3tdRiGmy8o

Does anyone other than Who Princess or Brian remember this song? Oh hedo you know that Bowie tune is one of my all time favorite songs.....*planet earth is blue and......*

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Hey, g - I remember that song! Sweet groove and a staple of that era. Plus that loooow voice in there. Great stuff.

And I Bowie'd it up big-time this past weekend :)
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    hedonist said:

Hey, g - I remember that song! Sweet groove and a staple of that era. Plus that loooow voice in there. Great stuff.

And I Bowie'd it up big-time this past weekend :)

Yeah, it's hot and summertime. I always thought that low voice was Sly Stone but it's actually Larry Graham on bass from the Family Stone. He was a pioneer of slapping the bass. He created it to give the sound of the bass drum when his mother told him *no drums* so that's what he came up with slapping the bass. I learned that today clicking on YouTube The Story Of Funk: One Nation Under A Groove....LG was featured on his style of playing bass and his contribution to funk music.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Well shoot. I may have to bring up that song here shortly, and loud.

(can't take any more politics this evening...would rather be chill than tense when my sweetie gets home)
  • Options
    And my other summertime go-to. I don't even know if it came out in the summer, but it was part of those hot teen times. Still got Houses of the Holy on vinyl!

Oh, Mr. Plant...ANYplace I needed to go?

:how_interesting:

(note I didn't even touch on "has to grow")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m2FhRv8xF0
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    'retha!

Goddamn, what a voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZRbTaG3xIw
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Well now. Jefferson, how hot is it out there in California?

Fool! It's hot! It's damn hot!

Can I get a margarita around here? Lots of ice and, please, Cuervo Gold!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Here's some blonde Ed and for anyone who needs them, a couple of big ass hearts to hang onto.

https://youtu.be/nQpkjCI80Uk
  • Options
    WYTM, that brings back sweet memories of when I first saw it (had TAPE-RECORDED it!), sitting on the floor in front of the TV the morning after.

Ed had that same "can't believe I'm here doing this!" smile/glow similar to when Jack White played Loving Cup with the Stones.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    I was able to sneak into a small club, The Metro, to see Janes Addiction after working 12 hours at Lollapoloza last night. Guys, if you anywhere near this epic band is playing this summer you have to go. They played Ritual from front to back then busted out some Bowie Rebel Rebel along w/ Ted just admit it ( with the sexiest woman you have ever seen hanging from fishing hooks pierced through their skin dangling over the crowd.... Then mountain song and Jane Says. Rock n Roll was not dead last I tell ya...Perry is such a special human and source...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    A wannabe biker, Jason?

(riding a hog...get it???)

musky, very nice. One of these days I'll see them! But god I can do without the hooks in skin thing.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    That helped. Thanks. xo
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    Yo, Engineer Brian! Been a while, but on board with a nice Merlot tonight. Fenway is 7 days away!!!!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

Yo, Engineer Brian! Been a while, but on board with a nice Merlot tonight. Fenway is 7 days away!!!!

Sweet! Cheers, Edson!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Kat said:
    Awwww! Too cool!

I used to have a chicken name Max-a-Hundred. We called her Mam-Max-Max. She was born green (honestly!)

Margarita sound fabulous! Cheers, Kat

• Options
  • Options
    Our big sometimes-surly boy got into Ed, big time. Now he's digging on live Hail Hail.

• Options
    ^^^ Haha! In the zone! :smiley:

• Options
    You lookin' at me?

You lookin' at ME?
  • Options
    For the Faxxx-man :)

(and our friends are all on board!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WERRddBESI
  • Options
    God bless Ringo, how he rhymes "by myself" with "by myself" on Don't Pass Me By.

Just love this fella.
  • Options
    ^^^ Yes, lotta love for Ringo!