Options

The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2016
    hedonist said:

Wowza! This is just badass and beyond COOL..

(drummer too)

Could totally see Waits in on this.

Thank you again.

One more before I hit the floor(bed). Couldn't find a decent enough video so the sound will have to do. I might actually be more excited to see Costello than Ed. Maybe a tie.
    https://youtu.be/geO0Lk27Nac
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    muskydan said:

Beer me Please!!!! Just got done working a Chicago Public School teachers rally/protest who are evidently partnering up W/ those wonderful BLM buffoons. I couldn't get over how easy it was for the BLM element to torpedo this massive rally and turn it into a , "We Hate the Police Protest" w/ the support of many of the teachers. Ironically my Mother was a teacher that passed away 2 years ago to the day. It would have been quite the show if my Mom was there to witness teachers running down the middle of state street acting like lawless savages, banging on Cars, blocking Lake Shore Drive traffic for an hour infuriating people just trying to get home to their families on a Friday , and of course throwing shit a the Police. I tell ya, she would have literally schooled any of these educators of young minds….on the bright side, at least 6 people got locked up and if they work for CPS they will be Fired if felony charges are approved.

Anyhow, 6 days till I am on a Beach in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, and rocking out to PJ at night… Give me another Beer Please…Cheers Mom

Thought us poke my head in to get a cold one but it still stinks of racism and hate.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

Beer me Please!!!! Just got done working a Chicago Public School teachers rally/protest who are evidently partnering up W/ those wonderful BLM buffoons. I couldn't get over how easy it was for the BLM element to torpedo this massive rally and turn it into a , "We Hate the Police Protest" w/ the support of many of the teachers. Ironically my Mother was a teacher that passed away 2 years ago to the day. It would have been quite the show if my Mom was there to witness teachers running down the middle of state street acting like lawless savages, banging on Cars, blocking Lake Shore Drive traffic for an hour infuriating people just trying to get home to their families on a Friday , and of course throwing shit a the Police. I tell ya, she would have literally schooled any of these educators of young minds….on the bright side, at least 6 people got locked up and if they work for CPS they will be Fired if felony charges are approved.

Anyhow, 6 days till I am on a Beach in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, and rocking out to PJ at night… Give me another Beer Please…Cheers Mom

So your saying just another day in Chicago eh Dan-O? Everything the BLM touches turns to crap.Good message,horrible delivery system.Ah the City of brotherly love.
    Cheers to your mom and all teachers on this fine Sat morn.

BTW,summer awaits you and the Lady.its hot as shit here today.Great Beach day.I blew off a fishing trip this Am.woulda been sweltering off shore.

We are putting together some tailgating stuff for Friday night.I will pm you later with the info.I may be able to get an extra parking password you.stay tuned.
    You got that right pal, just another Day in Chicago….

I can't wait to get to some of that hot weather. It has been snowing off and on all day here today, had to cancel my Golf game which really pissed me off since i rarely have a Dayoff on a Sat. I was going to drink all day on the course and take all my buddies $…oh well

Can't wait till the Tailgate in the beautiful FLA Sun…Alight, Alight, Alight
    Yet you still couldn't stfu on your racism. You need a new job. Turned into a real piece.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    callen said:

muskydan said:

Thought us poke my head in to get a cold one but it still stinks of racism and hate.
    Callen... ignore. This is a public lounge and not a select club.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

callen said:

muskydan said:

Should be free of the stench of racism. Sux cause liked coming here and listening to all the wonderful music choices.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

callen said:

muskydan said:

You could have fooled me w/ this not being a select club. In light of that I will be booking Ted Nuggent to play the lounge next week when I get back from sunny FL.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    I don't typically post here. But saw this and feel the need to share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZApf9c8Tes

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    What did the dudes in Loudness have lil ones.
    It's different In a weird but catchy way.Rock on !
  • Options
    muskydan said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

You could have fooled me w/ this not being a select club. In light of that I will be booking Ted Nuggent to play the lounge next week when I get back from sunny FL.
    He's playing here in a couple of weeks,you just miss the Motor City Madman.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Hey people of The Lounge Car I wanted to tell everyone Ive just been name to be the GODFATHER of my youngest sister's baby named Quinn. I'm so honored to have this small title especially since she will be christened in the same building, same spot my daughter was 19 years ago.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Congrats G.
  • Options
    Thanks rr, lol where's Godfather I want to tell him I'm now the real Godfather?

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Sweet, G!
  • Options
    g under p said:

Peace

He lives here in Jupiter now so you can find him.lol
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

g under p said:

Peace

He lives here in Jupiter now so you can find him.lol
    Oh snap so he did move.....I totally forgot he did tell me he was going to move from the west coast to here in S Florida. He even asked me about different counties and towns in WPB. Well I'm glad he made it here safely cause that's a hell of a move especially if one is not lets Say in their 20's or 30's.

I gather we may get a chance to see each other this Friday in Sunrise for PJ. You know I haven't gotten Lightening Bolt as yet I've got to get my stuff together. Sadly there's hardly a record shop, wait Best Buy would have it right. I'll have stop by there tomorrow.

Peace

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    "To be working with Knight, during the day."

Somehow, in listening to a completely unrelated but wonderful newfound band, this came up as recommended.

Beautiful men, missed men.

Thank youyoutube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_4itRSEvI

• Options
    You tube is a beautiful thing.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    I kicked those last smelly fu :sick::sick: ers I invited off.
    This guy might smell too, but he won't eat the goats.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Salut, Mal!

For G, in FL with good people. Not PJ but know you'd dig it :)

(and for what it's worth, at the beginning, I told my guy Alex's playing reminded me of Gilmour and at the same time, he said Waters)

Hope your show kicked ASS this evening.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLkVFER5F-M
  • Options
    Flashback to 80s.

I go to work these days. Listening to Talking Heads. I mow the lawn. Listen to Talking Heads.

This song brings a smile to my face and reminds me of simpler days:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JccW-mLdNe0
  • Options
    Never stop making sense, Thirty :)

Have a great weekend.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

hedonist said:

Salut, Mal!

For G, in FL with good people. Not PJ but know you'd dig it :)

(and for what it's worth, at the beginning, I told my guy Alex's playing reminded me of Gilmour and at the same time, he said Waters)

Hope your show kicked ASS this evening.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLkVFER5F-M

Thank you, Oh yes we did and it felt like a time machine not as far back as 1977 but shows back in the day. It kicked ass all right in that I met rr and family along with muskydan and friends. Shared drinks and laughs.....never knew this was the first date of this leg of the tour, great show from a great seat. I would be going to tonight's show but something has come up a reggae fest down the street here in Lake Worth.

Be safe and have fun down in Miami tonight everyone.....I better get ready for this fest it starts in 5 hours. It's hard to get the body moving though. Thanks again for the drinks and good time.....geez I can really chat. :smile:

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on

• Options
    Great meeting you G.Hope to see you again at the Ampitheatre closer to home.Have fun at your fest.I will forward you a couple of the pics we took.
  • Options
    For the record Dan-O and G are both stand up good people.Enjoyed their company.ADan we will see ha again tonight.
  • Options
    Some things are better left unsaid.

Cheers Hedo- got a great weekend planned. Hope you do too!
  • Options
    I'm so glad it was a blast last night and that you three got to meet up. Sounds like it was an amazing tour kickoff.

And for what it's worth, I think rr and g are pretty good judges of character. I trust them, anyway.

My music for a gray hoping-for-rain Saturday morning :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1DFifr7iYg&nohtml5=False
  • Options
    Gah! Going back to one of my first real loves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj0bqypdJI8