Options

The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Man, I can remember watching those roasts late night as a youngster and DON was THE man of the hour. His fast hitting jokes was by far the best, loved those roasts. One of the best ones was when they roasted Richard Pryor.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited April 2016

Been listening to a lot of these guys lately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phvKAm_v5og

4:40 the chords sound strickingly like the in hiding intro.
    David Byrne, one cool and quiet guy. In '83 when Talking Heads came to Hampton and played with half of the Hampton Coliseum set up. Little did I know that was rounding out to be their last tour together and only the first or second show of that tour. Then he and I think it was his tour managers came to Denny's where I worked graveyard during school and sat in my section. His Order was simple house salad with wine. Later I told him I loved the show of which he didn't seem to believe me so I opened my uniform Superman style to reveal my sleeveless Speaking In Tongues yellow tour shirt. They got a kick out of that and that's when I asked if he could sign one of my order tickets. He gladly signed it and added my name without asking me and then left a nice nice tip. I easily made rent that month. :smile:

Peace

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    One of my favorites by TH......This Must Be The Place A Moving Train's Lounge

http://youtu.be/JccW-mLdNe0

Peace

• Options
    As it heats up here in S Florida what a beautiful day. My WWII patients wife birthday is today as she turns 81 he's 91. For the last month he appeared to be going down hill in getting weak in his legs, well today while waking him up then informing him it was his wife's birthday. He seemed to snap to attention by standing on his own, cracking jokes, signed a bday card I got for her and ate cake and edible arrangement fruit like it was going out of style. His wife said this was THE BEST GIFT Bob could've given her....with him being so strong today.

He made my day, with his lively behavior today. Anyway, feeling good slipped in some old U2 from the War album on my way home. Then came across one of my top 10 U2 songs......

Drowning Man

http://youtu.be/L0ildQ6MXdQ

It's a good day a real good day and only a week away from PJ's return to S. Florida.

Peace

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sweetness, g. That story made me smile.
  • Options
    And now Mr. Berry is :)

Johnny's beyond Being Good(extra E).

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a nice start, and that politics and other shit won't become too divisive over time.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Beer me Please!!!! Just got done working a Chicago Public School teachers rally/protest who are evidently partnering up W/ those wonderful BLM buffoons. I couldn't get over how easy it was for the BLM element to torpedo this massive rally and turn it into a , "We Hate the Police Protest" w/ the support of many of the teachers. Ironically my Mother was a teacher that passed away 2 years ago to the day. It would have been quite the show if my Mom was there to witness teachers running down the middle of state street acting like lawless savages, banging on Cars, blocking Lake Shore Drive traffic for an hour infuriating people just trying to get home to their families on a Friday , and of course throwing shit a the Police. I tell ya, she would have literally schooled any of these educators of young minds….on the bright side, at least 6 people got locked up and if they work for CPS they will be Fired if felony charges are approved.

Anyhow, 6 days till I am on a Beach in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, and rocking out to PJ at night… Give me another Beer Please…Cheers Mom
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Some grooving paisley underground neo-psychedeia for your Saturday eve!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Wxkz0zTNM
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    muskydan said:

Beer me Please!!!! Just got done working a Chicago Public School teachers rally/protest who are evidently partnering up W/ those wonderful BLM buffoons. I couldn't get over how easy it was for the BLM element to torpedo this massive rally and turn it into a , "We Hate the Police Protest" w/ the support of many of the teachers. Ironically my Mother was a teacher that passed away 2 years ago to the day. It would have been quite the show if my Mom was there to witness teachers running down the middle of state street acting like lawless savages, banging on Cars, blocking Lake Shore Drive traffic for an hour infuriating people just trying to get home to their families on a Friday , and of course throwing shit a the Police. I tell ya, she would have literally schooled any of these educators of young minds….on the bright side, at least 6 people got locked up and if they work for CPS they will be Fired if felony charges are approved.

Anyhow, 6 days till I am on a Beach in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, and rocking out to PJ at night… Give me another Beer Please…Cheers Mom

The Train is a place to chill out, not rant. Maybe take this somewhere else on AMT. There's plenty of room out there.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

muskydan said:

The Train is a place to chill out, not rant. Maybe take this somewhere else on AMT. There's plenty of room out there.
    Perhaps you are right, I tend to get that way drinking beer. I guess I will go to the jukebox and throw in one of the best songs ever written by Gun N Roses to chill out. Here is One in a Million…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHTjvv8pBMY
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    muskydan said:

So your saying just another day in Chicago eh Dan-O? Everything the BLM touches turns to crap.Good message,horrible delivery system.Ah the City of brotherly love.
    Cheers to your mom and all teachers on this fine Sat morn.

BTW,summer awaits you and the Lady.its hot as shit here today.Great Beach day.I blew off a fishing trip this Am.woulda been sweltering off shore.

We are putting together some tailgating stuff for Friday night.I will pm you later with the info.I may be able to get an extra parking password you.stay tuned.
  • Options
    Good god this chick could sing. Her face at the very end speaks volumes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UufMAsvzgs

Musky, sorry about your mom. More than seven years since my dad passed and it continues to hit me in so many ways, guess it always will? (and if so, so be it), so I get how raw it can still feel at the two-year mark.

There's something kind of comforting in combining grief and celebration of life.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Gah!

In the throes of this gorgeous madness.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqLCFd8oNs
  • Options
    I like it Hedo.
  • Options
    Sweet-grooving Saturday morning afternoon here =)
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Gah!

In the throes of this gorgeous madness.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqLCFd8oNs

Aaahhhhh hedo, that was CLASSIC!

Peace

• Options
    rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

So your saying just another day in Chicago eh Dan-O? Everything the BLM touches turns to crap.Good message,horrible delivery system.Ah the City of brotherly love.
    Cheers to your mom and all teachers on this fine Sat morn.

BTW,summer awaits you and the Lady.its hot as shit here today.Great Beach day.I blew off a fishing trip this Am.woulda been sweltering off shore.

We are putting together some tailgating stuff for Friday night.I will pm you later with the info.I may be able to get an extra parking password you.stay tuned.
    You got that right pal, just another Day in Chicago….

I can't wait to get to some of that hot weather. It has been snowing off and on all day here today, had to cancel my Golf game which really pissed me off since i rarely have a Dayoff on a Sat. I was going to drink all day on the course and take all my buddies $…oh well

Can't wait till the Tailgate in the beautiful FLA Sun…Alight, Alight, Alight
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Good god this chick could sing. Her face at the very end speaks volumes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UufMAsvzgs

Musky, sorry about your mom. More than seven years since my dad passed and it continues to hit me in so many ways, guess it always will? (and if so, so be it), so I get how raw it can still feel at the two-year mark.

There's something kind of comforting in combining grief and celebration of life.

Thanks Hedo, you nailed it again as you always do w/ your thoughts on here…Hope you are enjoying your Sat.
  • Options
    Cheers, musky.

mrussel, not sure if you ever check this thread, but the husband and I are chowing down on this - in the moment! - and your username was noted. If so, thank you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC42AVQAFLo
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Cheers, musky.

mrussel, not sure if you ever check this thread, but the husband and I are chowing down on this - in the moment! - and your username was noted. If so, thank you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC42AVQAFLo

I don't know what it is people see about these guys, ya know? Oh dang, but that was yesterday! This fuckin' rocks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    The Luxman always appreciates good music.

Hope it's a good weekend, with a heart full of soul :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNuQPTzuof4
  • Options
    And as kickass as this, Page wearing the puffy/Pirate shirt is a bit distracting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y078n95ApA
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    hedonist said:

And as kickass as this, Page wearing the puffy/Pirate shirt is a bit distracting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y078n95ApA

"I don't want to be a pirate!"
  • Options
    Goddamn low talkers!

I'm watching a doc on PBS called Animal Reunions but it's more about the bonds animals have with us, us with them. Gorillas, cheetah and her babies, elephants.

Absolutely blowing me away and honestly, has brought me sweet tears and several blowings of the nose.
  • Options
    I find this one haunting and very well done.This young lady has such a beautiful tone.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uyGSe76rAJc
  • Options
    ^^^ Cool tunes, riders. Hope everyone's week is a good one!

• Options
    Much to be said for letting go of shit you just want to let loose on some, for whatever reason. Topic doesn't even matter.
    (well, sometimes it really does...and then? Ya move the fuck on.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y-1H9kAg3s
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    hedonist said:

Much to be said for letting go of shit you just want to let loose on some, for whatever reason. Topic doesn't even matter.
    (well, sometimes it really does...and then? Ya move the fuck on.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y-1H9kAg3s

Was excited about the announcement today and threw on some Elvis Costello, came across this number. I believe that young lady up there ^^^ covered this one, yeah? Eddie Vedder and this guy rounding out a lovely Saturday on the ocean? Can't fucking wait.
    https://youtu.be/wY71zqHfHKI
  • Options
    This is up next for me, WYTM! Thank you.

Right now, Mr. Lennon's telling me - in the sweetest acoustic way - how he loves watching those wheels go 'round and 'round. If he could let it go, so can I :)
  • Options
    Wowza! This is just badass and beyond COOL..

(drummer too)

Could totally see Waits in on this.

Thank you again.