Options

The Hartford Crowd

13»

Comments

• Options
    10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    anyone download this show? PM me if you did, I have a question about it...
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    The fans around me in section 100 were great.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    KeelaKeela Posts: 18
    PJaddicted wrote:
    This was my 10th show, and the only one I can complain about. We had no choice but to pay attention to the situation that was going on in front of us. We were in Section 200 Row 6. There were VIP season pass holders in front of us who were actually punching people, stole seats from other, security doing nothing, spilling drinks, playing with a hooker.....and one of them was at least 6'4" and looked like a body guard, he was the most obnoxious of them all. It took away from what was a good solid show. I did enjoy the show, but left with a really sick feeling in my stomach that such low life slimy people really do exist. Strangest group of people I've ever been exposed to.

oxc

So, I'm just curious about this "hooker" that you're referring to... I know exactly which obnoxious jackholes you're referring to, but I don't remember seeing a hooker. Was she rendering services during the show? Is that why there was so much traffic uh, "in and out" of the row the jackholes were in?
    --. --- -
    ... .... .. -
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Keela wrote:
    So, I'm just curious about this "hooker" that you're referring to... I know exactly which obnoxious jackholes you're referring to, but I don't remember seeing a hooker. Was she rendering services during the show? Is that why there was so much traffic uh, "in and out" of the row the jackholes were in?

We couldn't quite figure out which one she was with~they passed her back and forth all night, lots of faces in her boobs, feeling, touching, hugging,ass slapping, picture taking of her with the guys~etc. Very distracting. They were also extremely drunk. Big guy threw beer out over all the rows ahead of him a couple of times, and didn't even know he had done it. One time someone getting past us spilled beer on his shoulder, thankfully he didn't notice or the fists would have been flying. At one point I was afraid we were going to be hurt as they started going after the kid who's seat they took. I've been to a lot of shows in my life....never have I seen anything like it. An experience I won't soon forget nor want to repeat.....my concert going days may be coming to an end.

On a better note the couple sitting next to me were complete dolls, I felt for her because she was tiny to begin with, and with all this going on in front of her, I don't think she saw any of the show.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    ABetterManABetterMan Posts: 22
    I personally thought the crowd sucked in Hartford, and many of my friends who were scattered amongst the venue would agree with me as well. I used a friends extra 10c ticket and we were in the 6th row of section 200. almost everyone within my view around me was just not feelin in. the kids in the row in front of us were so annoying. as soon as a song came on that they didnt know, they lost interest and started talking about what they did last weekend while another one of their friends went to get another round of beers. and these were kids in the fifth row.

i was very disappointed in the hartford crowd.

and also, that venue is a shithole! but i guess that is for another thread.

however, the band was on fire!

edit: i just read somewhere else that alot of the seats in the front section went to the venue's season ticket holders. thus explaining why the people in the front sections basically didnt give a shit.

Yes, the band was on fire. It was my first time ever seeing them and I loved it. Going three more times this tour, thank God. I guess I didn't really notice the crowd, I was just so caught up in the moment. The only time I really listened to the rest of the crowd was the beginning of Betterman, which it seemed everyone got into....but everyone always does, since it's the song everyone knows. However, I did notice the people around me (I was in Section 400, row EEE, the second to last row, but still great seats) and they were definitely not into it as much as I was. But it didn't matter to me...I was there, that was all that mattered.
    2006: May 13th and 25th, June 1st and 3rd
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    PJaddicted wrote:
    This was my 10th show, and the only one I can complain about. We had no choice but to pay attention to the situation that was going on in front of us. We were in Section 200 Row 6. There were VIP season pass holders in front of us who were actually punching people, stole seats from other, security doing nothing, spilling drinks, playing with a hooker.....and one of them was at least 6'4" and looked like a body guard, he was the most obnoxious of them all. It took away from what was a good solid show. I did enjoy the show, but left with a really sick feeling in my stomach that such low life slimy people really do exist. Strangest group of people I've ever been exposed to.

oxc
    You must have been in the low numbers in the row(closer to section 100, Stoneside). I had seats just 2 in from the aisle to 300(Mikeside) and didn't see these goings on. I did have a couple in front of me who were non 10clubbers with the "VIP" tix, but they were fairly cool throughout the show.

It does suck when others interfere with you being able to enjoy the concert. I've had some things happen, though never any major problem at a PJ show, but I've had to deal with some real clowns at some other shows and it blows.
    In Beantown we should be all 10clubbers up front, the season tix holders will have club seats.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ABetterManABetterMan Posts: 22
    Poncier wrote:
    You must have been in the low numbers in the row(closer to section 100, Stoneside). I had seats just 2 in from the aisle to 300(Mikeside) and didn't see these goings on. I did have a couple in front of me who were non 10clubbers with the "VIP" tix, but they were fairly cool throughout the show.

It does suck when others interfere with you being able to enjoy the concert. I've had some things happen, though never any major problem at a PJ show, but I've had to deal with some real clowns at some other shows and it blows.
    In Beantown we should be all 10clubbers up front, the season tix holders will have club seats.

I'm going to Boston on the 25th. I didn't get Ten Club seats because I renewed my subscription to late or something, but I still got pretty decent seats. I'm In Section 5, not sure which row, but I know its in the elevated part. I'm pretty sure its more toward the front of the section. Do you know how these seats are?
    2006: May 13th and 25th, June 1st and 3rd
  • Options
    Section 5 is Loge at the oposite end of the arena from the stage.
    You'll have a decent straigh on view of the stage, just a bit of a distance. But you won't have any obstructions and are in the lower part of the arena.
  • Options
    no crowd will ever be as bad as the people surrounding me at MSG 2 2003.

some guy threw up all aver my wifes legs, then people were sliding in the puke all night and stomping in it, 2 fat chicks hit on this old married guy the whole night, and beer spilled on us for 3 hrs
  • Options

some guy threw up all aver my wifes legs, then people were sliding in the puke all night and stomping in it, 2 fat chicks hit on this old married guy the whole night, and beer spilled on us for 3 hrs

That is horrible.....that was the best show music wise out of the 10 I've been to.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options

Boy that sound like a suck experience.
    Talk about having your night ruined, somebody puking on you.
    Tell your wife she's a trooper for hanging in after that, mine likely would have demanded we leave (and I wouldn't have been able to blame her).
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    Keela wrote:

haha

if she was "rendering services" during the show, Ed surely would have mentioned something and that would have made for an instant classic bootleg!
  • Options
    taddeojtaddeoj Posts: 1
    I have never seen more people attend a concert who know less about a band. Vedder was unreal as usual! The best part about the crowd here was that I met a beautiful girl from enfield ct. in the beer line with her mother but dropped the ball when it came to getting her number.
    Crazy Mary
  • Options
    Janie JonesJanie Jones Posts: 15
    The crowd around me was really into the show. I was in section 200 row L. We had a great time. The couple next to me LEFT after the second song so I had plenty of space.

Could you imagine having great seats like that and leaving! Worked out nice for me.
  • Options
    taddeoj wrote:
    I have never seen more people attend a concert who know less about a band. Vedder was unreal as usual! The best part about the crowd here was that I met a beautiful girl from enfield ct. in the beer line with her mother but dropped the ball when it came to getting her number.

dude....

weak!
  • Options
    KeelaKeela Posts: 18
    haha

if she was "rendering services" during the show, Ed surely would have mentioned something and that would have made for an instant classic bootleg!

I just wonder how I missed all that... I was standing right next to the obnoxious guys (well I was a few people down from them to be exact- I don't want anyone to assume that I'm the hooker...) I was in 200 Row B, slightly closer to Mike's side, right in front of Jeff.

The really tall guy came up to me at the end of the show (the rest of the time he just walked in front of me every 5 minutes) and told me (with eyes that resembled someone looking at big, juicy steak) that he wanted to stand next to me for Yel Led... WTF? Was he expecting me to hump his leg during the slow song or something and, if so, why couldn't the hooker do that? Isn't that what they're paid for?
    Anyway, I spent the rest of the song so pressed up against the woman on the other side of me that I may as well have been in her purse.
    --. --- -
    ... .... .. -
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    The only good things about the Hartford show were geting to meet up and hang out with friends, the mosh pits between the lawn area and the seated area(I have NEVER seen mosh pits at any of the 15 PJ shows I been to! I thought that rocked cause at least some people showed they were at least into the show) otherwise, the setlist was blah (Im open was a tease cause he never did the whole thing, and Sleight of Hand as much as I love it on the CD I feel it kinda loses something in concert)

I didnt get to meet some of you guys ( dream, nm44, jen box, joey, etc...) cause it was a bit hectic getting there and trying to buy tix and what not, but I hope I see you guys in Jersey. :)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Keela wrote:
    I just wonder how I missed all that... I was standing right next to the obnoxious guys (well I was a few people down from them to be exact- I don't want anyone to assume that I'm the hooker...) I was in 200 Row B, slightly closer to Mike's side, right in front of Jeff.

The really tall guy came up to me at the end of the show (the rest of the time he just walked in front of me every 5 minutes) and told me (with eyes that resembled someone looking at big, juicy steak) that he wanted to stand next to me for Yel Led... WTF? Was he expecting me to hump his leg during the slow song or something and, if so, why couldn't the hooker do that? Isn't that what they're paid for?
    Anyway, I spent the rest of the song so pressed up against the woman on the other side of me that I may as well have been in her purse.

Different guys!!! You were closer to the stage and much farther over in the venue! Unreal that there was even more of them out there!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    Keela wrote:

damn i would have liked to have met up with you. i was in 200 row C, right between ed and stone. you were probably on a few seats down and in front of me. and thats weird that he wanted to "stand" next to you during YL.

and eli..it was defintiely a hectic day. there was a lot of people i would have liked ot have met up with, but hartford was such a pain in the ass. sweet jane's was a cool place to hang before the show. however, after the show, it was a complete shithole with the WORST cover band ever playing.
  • Options
    cupodirectcupodirect Posts: 4
    I am 57 years old - I have seen them all from Jimi, Doors, Janis etc. partyed with the Airplane, lived in California - for the music. I was at the first Woodstock. I love fucken music. The times change and so does music. I love Pearl Jam - I thought the crowd was geat at Hartford, the band sounded great. You kids are too much - bitch - bitch - bitch. It's all about the music. My concert schedule this year included Godsmack, Audioslave, Korn, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Weezer, just to name a few, lots of different kinds of music. I have tickets in my desk for nine inch nails, AFI in New York and Dave Matthews. My point is who cares if the person next to you was drunk - Hartford was not a party town, blah, blah, blah. I never stopped jumping and dancing - you kids will get older someday, I hope you enjoy, and live music as I have. Pearl Jam is great, was great in Hartford and will be throughout their tour.
    Laura
    Alive
  • Options
    XboxjunkieXboxjunkie Posts: 133
    cupodirect wrote:
    I am 57 years old - I have seen them all from Jimi, Doors, Janis etc. partyed with the Airplane, lived in California - for the music. I was at the first Woodstock. I love fucken music. The times change and so does music. I love Pearl Jam - I thought the crowd was geat at Hartford, the band sounded great. You kids are too much - bitch - bitch - bitch. It's all about the music. My concert schedule this year included Godsmack, Audioslave, Korn, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Weezer, just to name a few, lots of different kinds of music. I have tickets in my desk for nine inch nails, AFI in New York and Dave Matthews. My point is who cares if the person next to you was drunk - Hartford was not a party town, blah, blah, blah. I never stopped jumping and dancing - you kids will get older someday, I hope you enjoy, and live music as I have. Pearl Jam is great, was great in Hartford and will be throughout their tour.
    Laura

and what is it that you're doing?
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
    But bitching about others' bitching is a different kind of bitching.
    Its bitchin' bitching! :D
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    I was in section 500...having a "one gal party"...:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:
    I was having a "one gal party"...:D
    Can't you get arrested for doing that in public?
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Poncier wrote:
    Can't you get arrested for doing that in public?
    Just a whole lot of PJ lovin' :D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    cupodirect wrote:
    Laura

what is the definition of ironic?

by the way, good first post.

the whole point of this thread was to say how lackluster the hartford crowd was. and i think, judging from the responses generated, that is was a fair assessment. nobody bitched about the show itself. as i stated in the first post, Pearl Jam themselves were amazing in hartford. they sounded incredible.

so please have something relevant to rant about if you want to rant at all.
  • Options
    cupodirectcupodirect Posts: 4
    what is the definition of ironic?

by the way, good first post.

the whole point of this thread was to say how lackluster the hartford crowd was. and i think, judging from the responses generated, that is was a fair assessment. nobody bitched about the show itself. as i stated in the first post, Pearl Jam themselves were amazing in hartford. they sounded incredible.

so please have something relevant to rant about if you want to rant at all.
    To the point - Where I was the crowd was not lackluster. Just my opinion. I did read that we ware too many baseball hats - of course mine would be a Yankee hat. LOL - I see your a Red Sox fan. At least we are both Pearl Jam fans, that's what really count.
    Thanks
    Laura
    Alive
  • Options
    cupodirect wrote:
    To the point - Where I was the crowd was not lackluster. Just my opinion. I did read that we ware too many baseball hats - of course mine would be a Yankee hat. LOL - I see your a Red Sox fan. At least we are both Pearl Jam fans, that's what really count.
    Thanks
    Laura

haha there definitely was an abundance of red sox and yankee hats in hartford!

and yes, baseball teams aside, we are all pearl jam fans.