Options

beware of the following....

Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
edited January 2011 in Lost Dogs
Hi
I just discovered this, cool. I have been collecting posters for sometime, most people I meet are decent and trustworthy but I would like to save you some of the trouble I went through. Last year I had a member from expressobeans `patrickpjfan`steal 350 from me. I paid him for a poster and he never delivered, its been over a year and hes never paid.
Please post untrustworthy, low down, dirty mo fos and their names here so no has to get ripped off,

from steel to steal....lol
>>>>
>
...a lover and a fighter.
"I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    Did you contact paypal? They should be able to get your money back. Really sucks though.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    That's a bummer.. I recently got disappointed by ebay and from a fan here but I at least got my $ back, you should too. I'm sure it's too late by now but why wouldn't you go through that process?
    thanks for the heads up ;)
    ~JzP
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    LukinFan wrote:
    Did you contact paypal? They should be able to get your money back. Really sucks though.

+1

if the transaction was done more than 60 days there's nothing that you can do (i don't recall exactly how much time paypal gives to ask for your money back).

I would like to use this thread as a "buyers/seller beware", i think it would be a good idea.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    I did contact pay pal but I was a few days too late and never heard anything back from them, I like the idea of calling this a buyer beware thread
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Paypal 45 day grace period. So get your claim in before then. Sorry to hear that.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    I have never bought anything for ExpressoBeans but am thinking about buying a print from someone on the site.

Does ExpressoBeans any type of seller ratings on the site?
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    I have never bought anything for ExpressoBeans but am thinking about buying a print from someone on the site.

They do but is useless, use paypal and set some rules and times so you can protect yourself.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    I have purchased off there, but I met the guy in person when he happened to be coming into town for the holidays. I think it's a good sign if the person is a contributor to the site, and has multiple sales.
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

who is it, people might be able to tell you if they have a good reputation over there
  • Options
    they do have a rating system but you would be better off checking their "Buyer Beware THread" along with the members history, I have never had a problem in my dealings there, all of my other dealings have been A +++ ther (other than dealing with this piece of crap) , hes ripped other people off there too
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    I have delt with multiple people on EB and all worked out great. EB dont have any protection plan bit there is a spot that list the persons feed back. Best way is to ask around and like the other post says check the buyer beware thread. Good luck
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the tips.

To be fair to the seller, I don't want to list their screen name on this forum.

They have more than 10 previous sales and I did a quick search on ebeans and couldn't find any negative feedback on them. I am not sure how the number of previous sales is calculated if you are not making purchases through the site.

Arq - You mentioned setting rules and time requirements. Do I just list these in my paypal note when I make payment?

Thanks agian!
  • Options
    now this is funny.......I just got an email from this dude saying he is going to mail me the money.....I will believe it when I see it I told him....he has stated this off and on over the last year and half (this has been going on since September 2009). I think this thread had something to do with it, I know he still has "friends" around here so maybe they told him, dont know. I wish to hell I could get that money back, sure could use it
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    now this is funny.......I just got an email from this dude saying he is going to mail me the money.....I will believe it when I see it I told him....he has stated this off and on over the last year and half (this has been going on since September 2009). I think this thread had something to do with it, I know he still has "friends" around here so maybe they told him, dont know. I wish to hell I could get that money back, sure could use it

If the money is rightly yours and he is offering to pay it back, you should take him up on the offer.
  • Options
    it is abd I have but the problem is he said he was going to do this prolly 20 x already and never has..hence Im not holding my breath
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Shit D, sorry to hear that :(
    I'm still saving the Gorge poster for you if we can ever arrange a mutually good time to get together :lol:
  • Options
    for sure, Im back in the big shitty next weekend (fishing all this weekend :) lets try to get together, still have your KOL poster for ya.
    If he pays me, I will announce, like I said Im not holding my breath. Karmas a bitch though and the gods are probably screwing with him as I type
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,676
    He tried scamming me out of $200.00 about a year and a half ago. I went through Paypal and was completely re-imbursed.

If I ever meet him, I would provide him with a Godfather 1 garbage can involved monster savage beating. And I do not care if you do not condone violence. He needs a beating.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx