edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i got one
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I got four, three of the ones I got right were the first question for the three categories.
  • Options
    my money's on the humans...
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,535
    The humans seemed to be figuring it out a little bit.

I liked when Watson guessed the same wrong answer that Ken just said.

Also, I think the other guy is better than Ken.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    The humans seemed to be figuring it out a little bit.

I liked when Watson guessed the same wrong answer that Ken just said.

Also, I think the other guy is better than Ken.

Missed last night and a little behind tonight on the DVR but this fucker is kicking ass. This blows my mind.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    This is even crazier - anyone read this yet?

http://www.time.com/time/health/article ... 38,00.html
  • Options
    This is even crazier - anyone read this yet?

http://www.time.com/time/health/article ... 38,00.html

I haven't but will definitely have to check this out. Looks crazy
  • Options
    *Spoiler*

Watson got the first Final Jeopardy question so wrong that it's not even funny.

The category was US Cities. He said, "What is Toronto????" <-- Highlight me.
  • Options
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    *Spoiler*

yea, that blew me away...c'mon man
  • Options
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    *Spoiler*

That's pretty funny :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    Maximum Overdrive?
  • Options
    Sooooo... there is no way off stage a highly intelligent person is answering and typing in the answers?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Sooooo... there is no way off stage a highly intelligent person is answering and typing in the answers?

The way you can tell that's not happening is the wrong answers are so random.

My problem with this is that the speed of Watson buzzing in is way too much to overcome. You can see over & over Ken & Brad trying to buzz in and unable to do so.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    anyone catch conan last night? andy beat the crap out of waston with a baseball bat because conan hired him to be the show's new announcer.

funny stuff.
  • Options
    I've watched this competition the last two days and I think it's pretty unfair to the two human players. There's no doubt that the two players know the answers, but the computer easily rings in first because it receives a text message as Alex reads it.

The funniest was last night's Final Jeopardy. The category was "U.S. Cities" and the answer had something to do with a city that has two airports named after World War II battles. The two human contestants got it correct (Chicago). Watson's answer? TORONTO! Since when is Toronto a U.S. city? Forget Jeopardy, Watson needs to get on "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I've watched this competition the last two days and I think it's pretty unfair to the two human players. There's no doubt that the two players know the answers, but the computer easily rings in first because it receives a text message as Alex reads it.

The funniest was last night's Final Jeopardy. The category was "U.S. Cities" and the answer had something to do with a city that has two airports named after World War II battles. The two human contestants got it correct (Chicago). Watson's answer? TORONTO! Since when is Toronto a U.S. city? Forget Jeopardy, Watson needs to get on "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader"

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... +Ohio&z=13
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    haha I only saw last nights blow out by the stupid computer. The comp rings in instantly not giving the humans enough time to process it and ring the buzzer. Anybody notice the person to pick the question or control the board seems to win the tie buzzing in? I think that is what's happening it's like they can't beat it to buzzing in.
    ~JzP
  • Options
    81 wrote:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... +Ohio&z=13

Okay wise guy. Well I'll combat that by saying that Toronto, OH (as per the research I did just a moment ago on wikipedia) has only 5,676 residents. Not the type of town that would have two airports and thus, not an answer Watson should be throwing out there.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    you didn't get the memo? the us aquired toronto in exchange for New Orleans and a city to be named later
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    It's funny the ringing in thing is the issue. If I remember correctly, one of the reason Ken Jennings was so good was because he was so good at ringing in faster than everyone.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    the humans should be more aggressive, buzz in halfway thru the question....they can read it on the screen right? speed read the question, (do they really need alex to read them the entire question?) buzz in halfway thru, they should be smart enough to give some sort of answer. if they don't get it right, and go into negative money, not like they have to repay Jeopardy or anything...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ^^ My sentiments exactly. Most of the time I'm able to come up with the question before Alex is done saying one word.

What they should have done is release the text to the computer at the same speed Alex is reading it so it has less time to process the information.
  • Options
    4and20 wrote:
    the humans should be more aggressive, buzz in halfway thru the question....they can read it on the screen right? speed read the question, (do they really need alex to read them the entire question?) buzz in halfway thru, they should be smart enough to give some sort of answer. if they don't get it right, and go into negative money, not like they have to repay Jeopardy or anything...

Sorry my friend, but you are a jeopardy viewing amateur. :P Players are unable to ring in until Alex has finished reading the question. Been that way for decades. So Watson's timing advantage is basically impossible to overcome just because of the human reflex delay.

• Options
    wow, that was an ass whoopin
  • Options
    Nobody else is skeptical of this HAL 2011 ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers