Options

PJ Fan Wants A Pain Free Christmas

ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
edited December 2010 in The Porch
I'm not asking for a lot for Christmas...just to be pain free for one day!! I just underwent a cutting edge procedure that hopefully deliver. Check out this story my local news channel carried: http://www.wten.com/Global/category.asp ... Start=true . Wishing all my fellow PJ fans a Blessed Holiday Season!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Wish you the best of luck! Keep us posted on how effective the procedure was. Happy Holidays :D
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Best of luck to you I really want to hear how this goes

My best mate suffers from chronic back pain. HE was one of the most talented footballers (Rugby League) I had seen (at a junior level), and he was destined to turn pro, but a bad back stopped that. He is really worried and gets quite depressed about his back. As it is progressively getting worse. He has done everything except surgery, because his condition is risky and no surgeon would touch him because he is only 25, and the risk of it worsening where he is totally incapacitated is too high.

I know he will try almost anything, so I would appreciate if you could keep us updated on your progress.

best wishes
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Merry Christmas, friend. I fight a chronic stomach condition, so I can sympathize with your simple desire for a respite.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Oh good luck!

Please let us know if you get relief.

What is this procedure called?

I also suffer from debilitating lower back and leg pain, for years also.

I am up in the air about trying the x-stop implant procedure...is that something you've tried?

I would really like to hear more about your experiences since I too, am desperately seeking relief.

Pain meds just don't do the trick.

Best of luck to you!

I sure hope that your holidays are pain free!

What a wonderful gift that would be.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    I absolutely wish you the best. I hurt my back twice, and I swear to God, I thought I was never going to be the same again. I was lucky though, the steroids and pain meds allowed me to heal.

I can’t even imagine having that constant pain for years.

My thoughts are with you. Best of luck.
  • Options
    I watched the news clip and am hopeful this procedure will help change your life.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Hugs,
    Mary Jane
    Mary Jane
    ~~~~~~
    09/04/2000 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
    07/01/2003 Nissan Pavilion Stone Ridge, Bristow, VA
    06/22/2008 Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
    10/27/2013 Baltimore Arena (1st Mariner), Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Thank You everyone for your well wishes! I had the procedure (Radio Frequency/Rhizotomy) 8 days ago and I am beginning to feel good! Unfortunately I had to have an endoscopy as well, so I had to stop my main pain medication for 2 weeks...which unfortunately set me back a bit!! Yesterday I was able to resume my medication, so I believe in a few days I will feel much better!! I will keep everyone posted the best I can (sitting down is very difficult for me)...Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
  • Options
    ottonyp wrote:
    I'm not asking for a lot for Christmas...just to be pain free for one day!! I just underwent a cutting edge procedure that hopefully deliver. Check out this story my local news channel carried: http://www.wten.com/Global/category.asp ... Start=true . Wishing all my fellow PJ fans a Blessed Holiday Season!!!

Wish you a pain free christmas mate!

Happy christmas! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Best of luck to you, and please keep me posted. My sister has a chronic pain condition, she can't work and she's prettymuch comatose 24/7 from all the pain meds she takes.

Please keep us posted, and best of luck to you!
    she holds the hand that holds her down, she will rise above!
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    hope it works out for you man ......

at the same time im kinda disappointed that i didnt see one PEARL JAM poster on your walls ... :lol::lol:
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    I cannot immagine being in pain for ten years. Best wishes and hope that the procedure will bring relief for you.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Good luck and I hope you find relief my fellow 10 Clubber and Capital District neighbor!
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    So you're just like the guy in the video? Or the guy in the video?

in any case, I hear you brotha. A painful Christmas' sucks hard for sure so I can surely sympathize with you in that regard. My first Christmas after moving to Orange County I went back to Tahoe to ski Christmas Day, and sadly, was way out of skiing shape and consequentially ended up tearing my acl on a run I had been down hundreds of times. Totally fucked up my whole Christmas.. :cry:

Like you, I really couldnt take any pain meds either because they just made me sick and would end up puking all over the place. And I can certainly tell you, puking from meds while simultaneously suffering from a throbbing blown out knee is like double sucky..So I think I know where you're coming from.

Anyways, Merry Christmas!! Keep the faith and I hope your treatment works out well for you.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    That sucks, my husband just had back surgery earlier this year. Back pain is awful. I sincerely hope that it works out and you have a pain free Christmas.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Re: PJ Fan Wants A Pain Free Christmas

Postby Aero83_ » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:04 pm
    So you're just like the guy in the video? Or the guy in the video?

in any case, I hear you brotha. A painful Christmas' sucks hard for sure so I can surely sympathize with you in that regard. My first Christmas after moving to Orange County I went back to Tahoe to ski Christmas Day, and sadly, was way out of skiing shape and consequentially ended up tearing my acl on a run I had been down hundreds of times. Totally fucked up my whole Christmas.. :cry:

Like you, I really couldnt take any pain meds either because they just made me sick and would end up puking all over the place. And I can certainly tell you, puking from meds while simultaneously suffering from a throbbing blown out knee is like double sucky..So I think I know where you're coming from.

Anyways, Merry Christmas!! Keep the faith and I hope your treatment works out well for you.

I am the guy in the video...had a so-so day today...keep hoping each day will improve...hope is all there is...
  • Options
    how long is supposed to take before you have relief
    or before you know that your procedure has been effective?
    before, you said it had been 8 days since it was done
    any relief yet?
    other than with the meds i mean
    good luck once again ;)
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Really hope it works for you!

Please keep us updated.

Wishing you a pain free christmas and 1-3 years!
  • Options
    I hope you'll feel the effects soon and that you will indeed have a pain free christmas. Best of luck to you!
    "Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change"
    (Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
  • Options
    I went for a follow-up appointment yesterday. Yesterday was the least amount of pain I have been in in a long time. Hopefully each day gets slightly better! The doctor said it can take up to three weeks to heal inside from the procedure. I already consider it a success as my pain has definitely diminished! I have had a total of 6 back surgeries, and numerous procedures. In 2006 I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted in my body for pain relief (http://www.bostonscientific.com/Medical ... /seo.serve). The biggest problem I have, and have had for years is my inability to sit for any length of time, so it's either up and walking or laying down. I will try to keep everyone update on how I'm feeling. If anyone has any questions they want addressed, please don't hesitate to ask!!
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ottonyp wrote:
    I went for a follow-up appointment yesterday. Yesterday was the least amount of pain I have been in in a long time. Hopefully each day gets slightly better! The doctor said it can take up to three weeks to heal inside from the procedure. I already consider it a success as my pain has definitely diminished! I have had a total of 6 back surgeries, and numerous procedures. In 2006 I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted in my body for pain relief (http://www.bostonscientific.com/Medical ... /seo.serve). The biggest problem I have, and have had for years is my inability to sit for any length of time, so it's either up and walking or laying down. I will try to keep everyone update on how I'm feeling. If anyone has any questions they want addressed, please don't hesitate to ask!!

may i ask how the pain came about ???? was it work related injury ?? did it just happen out of the blue???
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    ottonyp wrote:

may i ask how the pain came about ???? was it work related injury ?? did it just happen out of the blue???

In addition to being born with degenerative disc disease, I was an Occupational Therapist whom was injured on the job while transferring an obese elderly patient.
  • Options
    The biggest good luck from me...

I had surgery at 20 for a lower back disc and have suffered with siatica and numbness in my foot for over 20 years. A recent car accident screwed up a new disc and thankfully no surgery as of yet.

I know how this goes and I am hopeful this gets you to a better place...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I hope all goes as you hope. Good luck, and see you on the floor!
  • Options
    I am feeling moderately better. The procedure hasn't erased the pain...but it certainly has dulled it! Unfortunately I still can't sit for any length of time, so using the computer is quite difficult! I feel best either up and walking or laying down! When you think of how many HOURS the average person spends sitting down a day...and the fact that I only get like an hour of sitting time a day...think of what a tough day that presents! Luckily I am able to walk for long periods of time! Anyways...yes I am feeling better for Christmas...not pain free...but better...I'll take it!!! Merry Christmas to all!!!
  • Options
    Just a quick update...I am finally feeling significantly better (why can't Pearl Jam go on tour now)...I can even tolerate some sitting in the evening...Came at a great time with my 10 year old daughter on Christmas break...Watched her sleigh ride for 3 hours the last 2 days (certainly couldn't have done that before the procedure)...Wishing everyone a SAFE and Happy New Year!!!...Hope to see everyone AGAIN when PJ goes out on tour...Until then...
  • Options
    fantastic good news my friend!

i hope you are better and better each and every day!
    peace,
    jo